Car Crash TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Car Crash TV Reply with quote

EastEnders is car crash TV
By SARA NATHAN
TV Editor
May 19, 2007

EASTENDERS slumped to its lowest ever audience share as viewers dodged the car crash involving Phil Mitchell and Ian Beale. BBC1 spent a fortune setting up the story for Phil, played by Steve McFadden, and Ian (Adam Woodyatt), which led to last night’s dramatic water rescue. But Thursday night viewers preferred ITV1’s Emmerdale one-hour special, revealing who killed Tom King. Its audience peaked at 9.1million for the confession of Tom’s son Carl, played by Tom Lister.

That was a 44 per cent share of those watching telly — while EastEnders had only four million viewers, or a 19.6 per cent share. The ratings for EastEnders were its second lowest ever. They just scraped past the 3.9 million who tuned in last July when both soaps also went head-to-head. Dale star Tom told The Sun: “We’re all really proud. It was torture not being able to tell anyone the storyline — I didn’t even tell my mum and she was really upset!” The BBC said: “There’s another chance to see EastEnders at 10pm on BBC Three, and last night it attracted a record 1.4million.”

-----------------

So these numbers are for Thursday night's edition - but I must admit I quite enjoyed skimming through Friday's edition for the crash-scenes. The only other story line that has the slightest interest for me is between Max and Stacey, while the pish that is a bunch of women sitting in a beauty shop is just a shambles for a show that's supposed to be for a wide audience. No wonder they had such bad ratings.

I read that the scene was filmed in the same set that's used for James Bond and thre was more than a hint of Bondery in the camerawork as Phil dived down to rescue and I actually enjoyed the whole scene. Phil's look of trust/annoyance as he sent Billy off to get help was subtle and worthy, for instance.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite enjoyed Thursday and Friday's episodes, and usually I download and watch Corrie first on a Friday, but the crash scene was more exciting for me. The women at the salon and spa was completely and utterly BORING. Why do they think all women find getting "beauty treatments" are a treat? A message maybe, but a waxing? Goop on ones face? That's no fun! Drunk or not drunk! lol! I have to say I'm looking forward to Monday's epi. :-) They drag on the storylines too long, and they need to inject more humor. Billy and Honey story is boring. I think the shit should have hit the fan a long time ago with Max and Stacey. that dragged on too long. Shirley's injection was exciting at first, but now just plain boring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enjoy the crash scenes myself. I thought everything was very well done. I agree the salon stuff was boring. However, I do think they are working on injected more humor into the show. That was the idea of little Bobby dressing up the way he did and such. However, they are dragging on storylines far to long now and I am not liking it one bit. I could care less about Max and Stacey at this point. Shirley is down right annoying. Dawn should just have a miscarriage and get something else going on with that pathetic storyline.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havn't watched EE in about a year, its seems to drag every last drop out of every storyline to the point of just turning me off the show, I started watching it again when Ross Kemp came back as i think he's pretty good but he wasn't used in any particular way as he pops in and out of the show so lost interest again. I think they need to get a scripts with more humour, real life is usualy pretty funny EE just moves from doom to gloom and back again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: