I was wondering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: I was wondering Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I was sitting at home a few days ago watching EE, thinking about how much I love the couch and was wondering how this site came about. Also it seems as if a few of you guys actually know each other in person. As I am fairly new to this site I do not know the history of this but was very intrigued to find out more. So if you have a few minutes time and want to bother I would be very grateful if you could fill me in a bit Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give you the total history as I wasn't here right from the start. But I have been here quite a long time.

I have also never "met" any of our fellow couchers in person but I do have relationships with emailing and such with them off of the net.

I do know that it has always been a good place to come and have loved it here. I can't believe I've been here for over a year and half. I can't remember the exact date anymore.

Maybe Faceless does since he was here from the start Smile
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks skylace! How did you become part of this site though? It seems that the members that have been here the longest have been here since 29 April 2006 - so from you saying that you have been here for one and a half years I assume the version of this site has a predecessor? Also how did you get to being an administrator? I am so nosy - please excuse Very Happy I do love this site too though I have to say thumbs
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I became a part of this site when it was in it's original format at a different site. I was looking for a place to do with EE and found the couch. I was very pleased and once I figured out forums and such became a regular.

I became admin a little while after the current couchtripper came to be. I worked pretty hard to make sure we got going again in the forums, etc. And I was approached with the honor.

I don't do the same amount of work as Face or Irish put in but I help out in other ways.
luke

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless said something about this a little while back when talking abouy a guy called ******

edited:
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing a bit of your couch life with me Skylace Smile You and the rest of the couch team are doing a fantastic job thumbs
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Luke I missed that! Thanks for filling me in! I saw you asked the same question a week ago! I guess great minds think alike agree
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry luke - that post was in the personal section and shouldn't be shown in public...
luke

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
sorry luke - that post was in the personal section and shouldn't be shown in public...

sorry faceless, one day i'll remember to stop posting about the other sections in the public bits Embarassed
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries - it was done with good intentions. I'll add more to the thread that Sky started and explain a bit more about how the site started.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ever so much faceless for letting me/us in on the beginnings of this site! I really appreciate that - it makes me appreciate this site even more now Very Happy And thanks again for this site - it really made my day (and many days ever since Smile ) when I found this site. Also a big thanks to all you other guys who make this site such a wonderful place hug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: