Jekyll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harry perkins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Jekyll Reply with quote

Has anyone else watched this 6 part series, a modern day Jekyll and Hyde set in the same fictional "universe" as the original book. It was a real mystery with some mind blowing twists and turns right up to the end, both in the gradual discovery of the backstory and in the dramatic action itself. By episode 3 it had gone as far as I thought the whole series could, and after that it went in some REALLY interesting directions. In other words I liked it Cool
btw I know I've got into this habit of posting straight after a great series ends, I'll try and be a bit faster on the scene in future.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed it myself and I was impressed with how it twisted and turned too. Some of the psychotic moments were fantastic - I was cheering Hyde on at points... haha
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It starts here (USA) on BBC America next Saturday I think. (Maybe a week later)

I have been tempted to watch it prior to being shown on TV but have not had the time.

I may watch an internet version after the USA one airs on TV to see how badly it's edited to BBC-America.

Certainly looks interseting from the previews shown...

Also that lass with a bit of boobage from EastEnders who is also the lead in the new Bionic Woman is in the show also, after seeing the bionic woman pilot, I think her acting isn't too shabby... this adds to wanting to watch it.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it could be good, probably just watch the BBCA version, but if the adverts get to annoying, I might get the UK version that's doing the rounds, especially if it's something worth watching.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
Looks like it could be good, probably just watch the BBCA version, but if the adverts get to annoying, I might get the UK version that's doing the rounds, especially if it's something worth watching.

I have located a source for the un-edited / uncut versions (all 6 of them).

I may bag em after seeing how it is on BBC-A...
If that's the case I will up them somewhere.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really enjoyed the first three but for me personally it slipped away in an over the top fashon towards the end , but dont let me put you off its definatly a quality production
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most certainly entertaining (after seeing the 1st Ep last night on BBC-A).

Going to watch this series with eyes wide open, so many great 'side' visuals that are not within the story (as of yet & maybe not later either) but worth looking at.

A few things are 'telegraphed' to the audience, but then why not ehhh... specialy when just as you think "Duh, Knew that was coming" they throw a curve ball at ya...

Ohhh me like a lot, me like it long time Mr. thumbs
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actualy i forgot to say you do have to watch it all because you will not guess the end, the very last moments of the last scene sew it all up and bring the whole story together , now ill tell you what happens , the boat sinks and and Jack drowns and kate winslett gets very old , oh no thats Titanic , well now you will have to watch all the episodes to see if im right and you wont guess the ending
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the pilot episode of this and, loving James Nesbitt, can't wait to watch the rest of the series. I was also surprised to realise it was Michelle Ryan playing his psychologist sidekick...didn't notce till the end. Does that mean she's a good actress?
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
I just watched the pilot episode of this and, loving James Nesbitt, can't wait to watch the rest of the series. I was also surprised to realise it was Michelle Ryan playing his psychologist sidekick...didn't notce till the end. Does that mean she's a good actress?

Not sure it means she's a good actress most guys would agree she is very easy on the eyes, but you will see soon enough in the States as she is the new bionic woman, and surley she can act better than Lidsay Wagner, and the show may work well with modern effects instead of that stupid metal bending sound they used to use every time she bent or moved anything. These are promo stills for the new show
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Jekyll Very Happy
Bob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather liked the show, weird stuff though.

Gellar would have been amusing for the bionic role, her mother playing originally and all that...but could be interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: