Big Brother 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LESLEY QUITS BB
By Mirror.co.uk 09/06/2007

THE Big Brother house suffered another departure this morning when WI member Lesley Brain decided to quit the show. The 60-year-old former headhunter becomes the second person to leave the show, following the removal of Emily Parr on Thursday for using racist language. Lesley, from Gloucestershire, had said she wanted to go earlier in the week, but finally took the decision to leave the house on Saturday morning.

“My reasons are I have been here ten days,” she told Big Brother. “I have, during that time, contributed and have felt able to do so. I feel that I contributed well, but my strength and energy in that department is running out.”

The former stand-up said goodbye to her fellow housemates before admitting to Big Brother that she felt sad, but that she was glad to have the opportunity to say farewell.

---------------

Not a big surprise really - I doubt she'll even be missed.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N-WORD SHAME OF EMILY
By Mark Jefferies 09/06/2007

EMILY Parr last night spoke of her shame at being booted out of the house for calling Charley Uchea a n****r. She claimed she did not mean to be racist - and thought she'd had a chance of winning the show before the incident.

Emily, 19, told Big Brother's Little Brother host Dermot O'Leary: "I'm devastated. I said something awful and I'm so sorry. I've always known the word causes offence. Me and Charley have become close and we banter. She's a great girl and we are on the same level. She understands, I know she does. I was there and I've seen what was shown too. I didn't mean anything by it and I'm sure everyone knows that. It was completely wrong, there's no denying that, I can't take it back, I'm so sorry."

The blonde from Bristol went on: "Channel 4, Big Brother, Endemol - I agree with them taking me out of the show, and I'm glad everything was aired yesterday as it was, because people need to see the context it was said in. I'm not a racist. I've got friends from different backgrounds. It was wrong but it's a word that gets chucked back and forth in everyday life. This is not an excuse, it's an explanation."

On believing she had a chance at winning before the incident, Emily said: "I thought I had a chance at it, yeah sure. I worked for six months doing screening processes, auditions - everything working towards something I wanted to do and a slip of the mouth it's all gone. I'm devastated and ashamed. I'm not trying to excuse myself. I'm aware there's people all over the country that have taken offence to it, but I didn't mean it, I'm not a racist, Charley's a great person as are all my black friends."

Vanessa Feltz, a guest on the show, added: "What viewers didn't see was as soon as the cameras were turned off she burst into tears - and it wasn't for the cameras. She's obviously very upset, but there's no excusing what she said."

----------------
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit to not watching this after the first few shows. It just hasn't grabbed me like it did last year...and I think I was too busy in the UK. I only just managed to catch up with Corrie as the friend I stayed with only watches EE.

Thanks for your efforts Face but I think I'll leave this one.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hardly watched any of it myself Twirley - there just aren't any characters in it who I enjoy watching that much.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, all of the "bitchiness" is really grating on my nerves as well. I hope that Shabnam gets the boot on Friday.

Get SHABS out!!!!! Cool
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must be i a small minority , never seen it at all , i just dont get it watcching people sit around a house for weeks on end, cant see the interest , .. now i await the non-believer abuse
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's what is apparently Lesley's first interview... I'd have copied it in, but it's pretty long

click HERE to open in new window.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's the opinions on how things are going now? I thought the way they gave that money to
Hidden: 
Liam
was good to see and a great twist.

I reckon Ziggy (and maybe a few others) will become a complete bastard now in order to get voted out.. bring on the greed-fuelled fireworks!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the twist, too. Sadly, for those seeking "deals" and publicity, it won't deter them from leaving the show.

It would be interesting to see what Ziggy will do -- will he stay in the house to be near Chanelle, or will he walk? Hmmmmmmmmm
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler about the eviction:

Hidden: 
well I was really shocked to see Seany go! I thought for sure it would be that Jonathan...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the weekly BB Podcast from The Sun

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Cool
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very disappointed about the eviction this week.

The evictee was, in my opinion, extremely funny and none of his pranks put anyone's life in danger - just a pair of "Do you have any idead how EXPENSIVE these are" Gucci boots!
eddiehitler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Puts bag over head and enters "reality TV" forum:

Hello, my name is eddie and I'm a reality junkie.

........So did you see what Billy said to Laura, what a numpty, how lame is he.

And what does Charley have to do to get nominated. OH MY GOD, what a bitch.

(slaps self and goes back to work)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my pick of the best quotes so far...

Brian -
"So this Shakespeare geezer directed Romeo and Juliet?"

Chanelle -
"Guys, is an egg a vegetable?"
"When I get genital herpes from the toilet paper you'll be sorry."
"shit just comes out of her mouth and sprays all over people's faces"
"Is Wales a country?"
"Hmmm!....is the UK a continent, then?

Charley -
"I don't need this show,I have it all out there,the whole Mancheter United football club"
"I think 1 to 20 is too hard, there could be thousands of numbers!"
"I can't help it if I get loads of attention cos I'm the only IT girl in the house"
"I'm not attention seeking, I don't need to attention seek, the attention is just naturally on me"
"People don't want to see someone with a face like a slapped lemon."
"Well I know i got my question correct, I knew that New Zealand was in America and I'm proud of myself for knowing that"

Gerry -
"Now my bear smells of condom lube. That's not funny".

Jonathan -

"I've spent 49 years getting cleverer than you. So fuck off!"

Laura -
"It's getting awesomer and awesomer"

Lesley -
"Calm down Lesley and have a fishy strawberry"
"I'm just sniffing my mattress"

Nicky -
"I'm Fun God Damn it.... I am"

Shabnam -
"I'm like a princess with this big hair of protection and none of them can hurt me"
"If I go will I still get deals?"
"Don't talk to me like that, I'm a human person."
"Tadpole! I'd forgotten that word!"
"I love the sound of my own voice, I know. I listen to it all day."

------------

I'll add more to this over time...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan walks out of Big Brother house
Veronica Schmidt

Millionaire Big Brother contestant Jonathan Durden has walked off the Channel 4 reality TV show. The 49-year-old media executive left the Big Brother house in the early hours of this morning for “personal reasons”. Channel 4 has declined to release any further details of Durden’s departure but tabloid reports suggest he left the house after being told his grandmother had died. Last week Durden toyed with the idea of going home, telling the diary room camera, "I feel like my job here is done,” before changing his mind and deciding to stay on.

His departure throws up some interesting statistics for this season of Big Brother – a show supposedly steered by public opinion via a voting system. A month after the eighth series launched, six contestants have departed the Big Brother house but only half were voted off.

Emily Parr, 19, was removed from the Big Brother house, eight days after the series’ launch, for using a racially offensive term. Like Durden, Lesley Brian, 60, left the house voluntarily, walking out after less than two weeks on the show, saying she had issues with hygiene, meals and sleep. Only three housemates – Shabnam Paryani, Seany O’Kane and Billi Bhatt – have been evicted by public vote.

Durden’s departure leaves 12 housemates still competing to win the show and a £100,000 prize.

-------------

That's a shame, I was really enjoying his dry comments straight to people about how they were...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: