Big Brother 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the live-voting page on the NOTW. At the moment Laura's at 28% with Chanelle second at 20%. My money's on Chanelle...

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB STAR BORN IN PRISON
EXCLUSIVE BIG BRO 8: THE TRAGIC WANNABE
By Michael Duffy, Thomas Smith And Grant Hodgson Michael.Duffy@Sundaymirror.Co.Uk 03/06/2007

BIG Brother's Chanelle Hayes was born in PRISON - and her prostitute mother was murdered when she was just six months old. Nineteen-year-old Chanelle's mother Andrea Sinclair was a street hooker addicted to crack cocaine who died an appalling death at the hands of a deranged sex maniac. Keith Pollard, a client, strangled her then cut off her nipple. Pollard had only recently been freed from jail for another killing when he turned on Chanelle's young mother. And by a wicked twist of fate, Pollard is due for release from prison again in August just as Big Brother finishes.

A year before she was murdered, Andrea had been sent to prison while heavily pregnant with Chanelle. Her daughter, who would grow up into a stunning Victoria Beckham lookalike, was born in Styal prison hospital in Cheshire. Chanelle was still not a year old when Andrea was freed from jail - and immediately went back to selling her body to feed her addiction. Pollard, a regular customer, took her to his seedy Manchester flat, strangled her with a tie and mutilated her body. He had stayed in the flat with her remains for a day.

Chanelle, now an orphan, was adopted by social worker Harry Hayes and his wife Christine in Wakefield, West Yorks. In her early teens, Chanelle, curious about her past, had discovered from Harry and Christine that she had been adopted. She was told her birth mother had had two other girls - Chanelle's half sisters - Maria now 34 and Melissa, 27. And at 15, Chanelle tracked down her sisters through social workers.

Yesterday, speaking exclusively to the Sunday Mirror, her sister Maria said: "Mum had such a hard life. Poor Chanelle was born when mum was in prison. Six months later she was dead. She was our mum and we loved her. Yes, she was a prostitute, but it doesn't make her a bad person. Sometimes people have to do things to extremes to get by. She didn't do it because she enjoyed it. She was just a kid, a wild child. Our gran did her best to shield me and Melissa from it all when mum died. She brought us up, but Chanelle was sent for adoption. It was a tragedy." Maria added: "Never a day went by when I didn't think of Chanelle. I'd pass a young girl in the street and wonder if she was my sister.""

Her adopted parents Harry and Christine sent photos of Chanelle to Maria and Melissa as she was growing up - but under adoption laws, they had to wait for her to get in touch with them. Maria, a Sheffield hairdresser, went on: "These pictures would arrive and I'd be moved to tears, I wanted to see her so much. It was heartbreaking."

In 2003, when Chanelle was 15, she used her legal right to track down her biological family and she asked her social worker to get in touch. Maria said: "I was at home when my grandmother Annie called. "She told me Chanelle had been in touch and it changed everything. I'd been waiting all my life and wondering what this sister was going to be like and now I was going to find out." They finally met at Maria's house in Sheffield.

Maria said: "I was overjoyed, elated, overwhelmed, it was the most amazing thing. We have different fathers but there is definitely a look that we share. But the most striking thing was how beautiful she was. I must confess I was a bit jealous because I'm a bit older, but I was happy for her. We're sisters - and you know what sisters are like."

From then on, the three sisters became very close and celebrate Christmas and New Year together. Maria said: "She didn't tell me she was going on Big Brother, she kept it very secret. I was at work at the salon when I got a phone call asking me to be a reference for her to go on some student game show. They said the show was about students competing to win the value of their student loans back. I didn't think anymore about it and I sat down to watch the first night of Big Brother. And when I saw her step out of that car, I screamed and screamed!"

Maria, a mother of two, said the sisters had never been told the full details of their mother's awful death. She said: "I know that the man who is in Strangeways Prison now was known to my mother, but I've never known why or even exactly how it all happened."

At his trial at Manchester Crown Court, Pollard had claimed he had killed Andrea in self defence after she had attacked him with two knifes. During the trial, however, two psychiatrists said he was a man with "perverse sexual interests" and in November 1988 he was sentenced to life for Andrea's murder. He had previously been convicted of murder in 1972 when, aged just 18, he broke into the home of an elderly woman and stabbed her more than 70 times.

He came out of jail for that killing in February 1986. Then Home Secretary Douglas Hurd had ordered that he should serve at least 20 years in jail for Andrea's killing. At an appeal in December 2005 to decide when he should be released, Mr Justice David Clarke ruled that those 20 years should include the time he spent on remand prior to the conviction. And that means that he will walk free in August, just as BB8 is coming to a climax.

Chanelle has never shied away from the truth of her birth and told close friends at Horbury School in Wakefield that her mother had been a prostitute. But last night a friend said: "Chanelle told me that she was born in prison and that her mum had been murdered. I'd known about her mum being a prostitute and a crack addict since we were at school together. She gave the impression that she didn't really care but deep down I think it gnawed away at her. She's very clever though, and played the violin with the Wakefield Youth Orchestra.

The friend added: "She's an incredibly volatile character. One minute she's fine, the next she's screaming and shouting. But she's a great girl who deserves every happiness."

----------------

that's quite a story - all credit to her for getting on with her life...
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite a story -- not the kind of beginning one would wish on any newborn.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, who will be the first to go?

After watching the episodes, I am sick of drama queen/name dropper Charlie already. I REALLY hope that Ziggy nominates her for eviction. Even if she's not voted out by the public, it would send a message that she needs to shape up and grow up. nyer
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Here's some pics from the Sun, under the gallery name - BBKINI BABES...

didn't they have any of nicky?

i reckon theres some sort of conspiracy going to keep any good pics of her off the web site, i couldn't find any - she looked like she'd just woken up in them all, but i reckon shes by far the minxiest Smile

no idea what any of them are like so far though, i caught the launch and a bit since the guys gone in
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is anyone really watching this? I've not been bothered with it in the slightest. Not one of the people seems entertaining in any way, so it feels pretty much like watching a bunch of people stuck at an airport check-in.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
so is anyone really watching this? I've not been bothered with it in the slightest. Not one of the people seems entertaining in any way, so it feels pretty much like watching a bunch of people stuck at an airport check-in.

i've not watched much but i've got it on now, its quite funny - they've been banned from using the bathroom i think and there having a big argument over hair straightener's Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emily is removed from Big Brother

Emily Parr has been removed from the Big Brother house for using a racially offensive word to another housemate. The 19-year-old from Bristol was taken out of the compound at 0330 BST and was forbidden from having any further contact with the 11 other contestants. A spokeswoman for Channel 4 said that the decision had been taken because "such behaviour won't be tolerated".

This week's eviction vote, in which Emily was nominated along with Shabnam Paryani, has been suspended. Channel 4 said the offensive term was not broadcast in the programme during a live stream, and was immediately reported to senior production staff.

Emily said: "Are you pushing it out, you nigger?" to Charley Uchea, while they were dancing in the living room on Wednesday evening. Indian-born Nicky Maxwell, who was also present, said to Emily: "Erm, I can't believe you just said that." Charley said "You are in trouble", adding she was "in shock". Emily replied: "Don't make a big thing out of it... I was joking."

In consultation with broadcast executives, the decision was taken to remove Emily from the house because she had breached rules governing contestant behaviour. This includes causing serious offence based on the grounds of race. Angela Jain, head of the Big Brother commissioning team, said: "The word nigger is clearly racially offensive and there was no justification for its use."

The housemates learned the news from a statement left by Big Brother read out by Lesley. She added: "She [Emily] understands why her involvement has come to an end and she very much regrets what she said. I think people watching the show tonight will agree that Emily spoke carelessly rather than maliciously - certainly Charley and Nicky, the two housemates most directly involved in the conversation with her, seemed to accept that she did."

Ms Jain said that the decision had been taken in the wake of the alleged racist bullying of Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year. The broadcaster was censured by media watchdog Ofcom and ordered to make a series of on-air apologies for the incident which prompted a flood of complaints. A spokesman for the Commission For Racial Equality said: "Whichever way you look at it, the 'n' word is clearly offensive. This will show everyone that racism must never be tolerated in any way, shape or form," he added.

----------------

Bloody hell - what a stupid cow! I can't even see how she would have thought that was ok to say. I'm glad she's been hoyed out - it's this kind of petty racism that is almost worse than the overt stuff as some people think it can be ok.

I would have bet on her surviving the vote too - now she'll just be consigned to the bottom of the rubbish bin of BB history, and that's pretty freakin deep and dirty as it is...
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
now she'll just be consigned to the bottom of the rubbish bin of BB history, and that's pretty freakin deep and dirty as it is...

Laughing

shame they won't show what happened, i'd like to have seen how she said it and how the others reacted, i doubt she meant anything nasty by it - but she hardly knows them girls. i bet if the shilpa thing hadn't happend they'd have let it go, the sun would probably have even milked it for publicity - vote out the racist etc

i've got mates with backgrounds from all over the place that i've known for years and although i could get away with saying it as they know me and would know i don't mean anything nasty by it, i just wouldn't, its a horrible word.

silly stupid girl Laughing

just one less for nicky to beat to win Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the transcript of what was said...

Emily: (referring to Charley dancing/pushing her hips forward) You pushing it out you nigger.

Nicky: (shocked laughter) Em, I can't believe you said that.

Charley: You are in trouble.

Emily: Don't make a big thing out of it then. I was joking.

Charley: I know you were… but that's some serious shit, sorry.

Emily: Why?

Charley: Oh my god. I'm not even saying it.

Nicky: Just don't talk about it anymore.

Emily: I was joking.

Charley: Do you know how many viewers would watch that?

Nicky: Okay, don't make a big deal out of it.

Charley: Fancy you saying that. I can't believe you said that.

Emily: Somebody has already used that word in this house.

Charley: No way. (Pause) Yeah, me. I'm a nigger.

Nicky laughs.

Charley: I am one. Fancy you saying it. I know maybe you see it in a rap song. Maybe you and your friends sit there saying it.

Emily: I'm friendly with plenty of black people.

Nicky: And you call them niggers?

Emily: Yeah and they call me niggers. They call me wiggers as well.

Nicky: I'm quite shocked.

Charley: I'm fucking in shock.

Emily: It's not a big deal though is it?

Charley: Not for us it ain't. Fuck me.

----------------------
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers faceless
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG BROTHER'S SHABNAM IS BANANAS
EXCLUSIVE BIG BROTHER 8: SHAB-NUT Fame-crazy Shabnam obsessed with stars
By Nicola Methven Tv Editor 07/06/2007

BIG BROTHER'S celebrity obsessed Shabnam Paryani was sacked as a TV runner for sneaking into Robbie Williams' dressing room. Guards at London Studios, where Rob was appearing on an Ant and Dec show, threw her out as she tried to give him flowers and chocs. There is now a picture of her at reception to ensure she is not allowed in again. One former pal said: "She used to hassle celebrities like mad. She's ridiculously obsessive, to be honest she's a bit mad."

The fame-crazed Big Brother whinger, 22, also tried to hit the big time on ITV's new show Britain's Got Talent. Shabnam auditioned in front of judges including Simon Cowell and despite having no talent, she claimed she was a presenter and started trying to host the show. But her efforts fell flat and she was buzzed off in seconds. Desperate to impress, she launched into a sketch as an old Indian woman. A show source said: "The judges told her she was no better at being funny than being a presenter."

Last month Shabnam appeared on C4's Embarrassing Illnesses, complaining of extreme dandruff. She is also in Company magazine complaining she hasn't had sex for a year due to a medical problem.

Yesterday Shabnam had all her things confiscated when Emily and Ziggy chose her to take their punishment for discussing nominations. She said: "Don't worry about me, I'm only here to get some exposure and that's it."

Nicola.Methven@Mirror.Co.Uk

-----------------

For some reason I'm not surprised... she looked as mad as a box of frogs the minute she went in.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shabnams eyes scare me crazed i think thats why i like nicky, she has nice eyes Cool

some more on the recent emily stuff

Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word like that, which has such a tragic history, is not one that "just slips out" of a caucasian girl's mouth. It's not even part of my vocabulary.

To me, that single word is the definitive definition of hate, oppression and prejudice. Black people have tried to diffuse the power of this word by taking it back for themselves, which is why you hear it in music lyrics and why they may even refer to each other with that word. But it's off-limits to whites, that's for damn sure. As it should be.

Even though Charley kept saying "it was OK", she couldn't stop talking about it, which Nikki pointed out, so it did seem that she was more upset about it than she was letting on.

I'm glad Emily was removed. Bye-bye acting career!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
A word like that, which has such a tragic history, is not one that "just slips out" of a caucasian girl's mouth. It's not even part of my vocabulary.

that's what I thought too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: