Big Brother 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:
I wouldn't mind George doing it as long as it revolved around Big Brother and not to push his anti war agenda. He seems personable. I liked him on Celebrity Big Brother. One word uttered about his own personal political agenda, and I'd stop watching.

Nice to see how open-minded you are.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. Are you surprised that I'm open minded? Do you find me to be closed minded usually? In my my statement, I simply mean that I'd want to watch a show about the reality show Big Brother. I don't like his politics, and if I wanted to hear his politics, and listen to his show. However, I wouldn't mind watching him host Big Brother's Big Mouth as long as he stuck to the show topics. Smile ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Russell Brand show from tonight

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tvuuda
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so that's the series started now - rest in spoiler...

Hidden: 
I think it will be quite interesting with the good range of ages, the mad raver/cleaner seemed quite popular at first, but I've a feeling she'll end up being as popular as Jade's mum in CBB! The woman from the east-end who stood for the Respect Party might well look like Millie Tant from Viz, but I've a feeling she'll do well...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the first episode of the series

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p8vh6d
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks face! Are you going to do the series this year? That's quite a commitment for you if ya do. Thanks for this one. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably do a fair bit at least - I'm uploading tonight's Big Mouth now, but that and any others will be only in the private sections...
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope u will excuse this as a copy post.....But maz is a very special online friend of mine for past 2 years in NObba ....and her son was a very special friend to me before her .....with out going into details ......too much ...her beloved hubby of many years died this weekend......well the post speaks for itself .....ps i posted it in a BB spot ;)

I was not quite sure where to post this .......But because at the mo I am laffing so much.....I think Here is prolly the best place......

It has not been the Bestest weekend for me ......it started out great on saturday with my Huge cook out for Abbi which was perfect....... and then slowley but surely.....three pretty close to me deaths later ..shite was getting nasty........and in bettween other shite going on.....I heard the very sad news about PLonker .......so my 4th death in 2 days grrrrrrrrr....

so tonite i was like OK ..... I love Maz so much.......I am gonna call her ....I am gonna be stupid..... And I am gonna make her laff......I am gonna talk complete sillyness to her and well just make her laff

I Do think I did that cos we spoke for like 2 hours and laffed a lot .....about silly stuff......

Anyways Maz asked me if i had watched BB yet..... well I had not .......took me ages to d/l .....

and she said Jan Watch out for 11..... and that when she saw that women she thought of me ......she also added not the looks or stuff ......just the Women ...... so I sat up all night waiting to watch......cos I wanted to see what My Maz thought of me ........well when i saw carol......and what she said ..... I loved Maz even more .......

Love U maz .......
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds a mad week you're having there Aja - all that bad news, then you find out you're like Carole? blimey!

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics I did of Chris Moyles a few years back when some of his fans came onto another site that I used to be on, claiming he was the best thing since sliced bread...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG BROTHER 'WASTE'
EXCLUSIVE: Anger at 'waste' of the BB police squad
By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor 29/05/2007

THE Big Brother police squad was branded a "ridiculous" waste of manpower and money last night. A special team of officers will monitor housemates' behaviour in the BB house at Elstree studios to clamp down on any racism, violence or other bullying. But critics already outraged at the £14,500 cost of the Shilpa Shetty racism probe are furious that taxpayers will have to stump up yet more cash.

They demanded the bill should be picked up instead by Channel 4 or programme makers Endemol. And they said the squad was a waste of valuable resources. Ian Laidlaw-Dickson, Herts Council leader and chair of Herts Police Authority, said: "I take a very dim view of the public paying for an issue which is not their responsibility. It's outrageous anyone should have to pick up the cost for this mess except those who caused it - Endemol and C4." Councillor Mary Bayes added: "This is ridiculous and wrong. Police resources are stretched enough. Taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for investigations caused by C4's incompetence."

Police decided to get tough on bad behaviour after January's Shilpa investigation was hampered by Celebrity BB producers refusing to hand over unedited tapes. A source said yesterday: "The tap es could have made a much stronger case against some of the people behind insulting remarks. As a result, no charges were able to be brought. Now it has been decided that nothing more like that will be tolerated - any hint and we take action. If we have to, we'll immediately visit the studios to speak to offenders, regardless of whether the show is on air. We won't rely on just watching selected footage. We're determined to apprehend any person who risks stirring up racial hatred or makes offensive remarks."

The force has spent £350,000 probing BB complaints in the past six years. In the run-up to the latest series, which starts tomorrow night, officers have attended briefings detailing how housemates' behaviour will be monitored. Meanwhile, the Commission for Racial Equality will work with police to pass on complaints from the public. C4 will air a grovelling apology over the Celebrity BB race row before the new series begins. It will be shown twice more to maximise the number of viewers who see it.

More than 45,000 viewers complained over the racist treatment of Shilpa. Four housemates, including Jade Goody, were quizzed. Channel 4 boss Andy Duncan was last week slammed by watchdog Ofcom for "serious errors of judgment". In a bid to avoid more controversy, new contestants have to promise in their contract not to be racist, sexist, homophobic or bullying towards any housemate.

C4 chiefs have halved the cost of voting on BB8 in the wake of the phone-in scandal earlier this year. The normal 50p vote will cost 25p, with 10p going to charity. The remaining 15p will cover the cost of running phone lines. Text voting has been scrapped.

---------------

that is pretty surprising that the police are paying officers to sit and watch the show eh?
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'll do that one-off yeah - but not the whole series...

I just meant BB (not Big Mouth too!) Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
faceless wrote:
I'll do that one-off yeah - but not the whole series...

I just meant BB (not Big Mouth too!) Laughing

did you download that last one-off Brand show that I posted last week? It's a few posts back..

I'll do some of the series, but might just end up with doing Big Mouth as it was that which got my interest in the show in the first place.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some pics from the Sun, under the gallery name - BBKINI BABES...

and, wait for it.............

Shocked Surprised Surprised wow
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB's Carole Lost Job For Heckling John Reid
Friday, 1st June 2007, 07:49

Big Brother contestant Carole Vincent has been unable to get a job since she was given a caution and "humiliated" for shouting at John Reid, friends told former Celebrity BB star George Galloway. The 53 year-old campaigner and member of the Respect party, of which Mr Galloway is the leader, has followed in his footsteps by planning to use the show to air her political views.

But speaking on Galloway’s chat show The Real Deal, friends of the 53 year-old campaigner, who is currently 8/1 favourite to win BB, said that her career as a sexuaBB's Carole Lost Job For Heckling John Reidl health worker had been left in tatters after heckling the Home Secretary. Carole was arrested and cautioned in October last year for shouting Mr Reid as he spoke at the Noor-ul-Islam mosque in east London, at the same time as radical firebrand Abu Izzaddeen famously interrupted Mr Reid’s speech. Speaking on Mr Galloway's show, Respect party member Caroline Coleman said that Carole had been humiliated by the experience, and that she had been unable to continue her career since receiving the caution.

She said: "She made the news when she shouted at John Reid. She felt very strongly about that. She tried to speak to him and couldn’t, and she was thrown in a bush and arrested. She was pushed to one side and humiliated. She lost her job in a round of cuts. She went for another job and was assured it was hers. It was subject to a police check and after that she was told the job was no longer hers because of the caution. She used to be a member of the Labour party several years ago but she felt passionately about the war in Iraq. But I’ve only see her blow her top with people who deserve it, like John Reid."

Mr Galloway, who is known for his anti-Labour stance, added: "If there’s a real life Big Brother it’s John Reid. He wants everyone tracked where they go and anyone who steps out of line deported where possible." And speaking on the show, which aired on Asian channel Raj TV, another friend and fellow campaigner in the Waltham Forest area, introduced as Steve White, said that Carole, who has three children and two grandchildren, would probably take on a mothering role in the house.

He said: "I think she’ll relate to the young people very well whatever their background. It’s good that she’s in there. She might try and mother them a bit. She will probably cook for them. I think she’ll be kind. She’ll probably try to let them know what her values are. She’ll win quite a few people round. Carole is very sympathetic to the values people hold. She’s quite broad like that."

Mr Galloway also used the Big Brother discussion to refer to his own time in the house, when he was ridiculed for his performance as a pet cat, and for dancing in a red catsuit. When asked if he had been made to look a fool by the show, he said: "Big Brother messes with your head. The show raised a record amount of charitable income. My money went to the Palestinian refugees in Gaza. On Red Nose day and Comic Relief people make themselves look a fool all the time so I don’t worry about it like that."

SOURCE
--------------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM ASHAMED OF BIG BROTHER, SAYS MAN IN CHARGE
Saturday June 2,2007
By Elisa Roche, Showbusiness Editor

LORD PUTTNAM- the deputy chairman of Channel 4 has admitted he is ashamed of the station’s flagship reality show Big Brother. The former Hollywood filmmaker said he hoped the programme would be ditched as soon as another money-making format could be found. Speaking at the Hay on Wye Literary Festival the executive was asked if he was proud of the recent Big Brother racism row involving housemates Jade Goody and Shilpa Shetty.

"I am not proud of the Big Brother row - I am not even proud of Big Brother," he admitted. "But Big Brother accounts for 15 percent of the total revenue that keeps Channel 4 afloat and you have got to go some to replace that." But he added he was sure the channel would replace the show altogether one day. We will do it at some point, of course we will, " he added,"We are in a long period of transition but we will do it."

The Big Brother launch was watched by 8 million viewers at its peak on Wednesday. And millions tuned in again last night to watch this year’s contestants complete a break-dancing task and finally meet their first male house guest. But the British public also appear to be tuning in hoping to make money. More cash has been wagered on Big Brother 8 than on ITV and BBC rival shows Grease is the Word and Any Dream Will Do combined, according to Ladbrokes. Ladbrokes spokesman, Nick Weinberg, said: “Punters are wagering on Big Brother every day without exception, making it the undisputed king of reality TV- it is trouncing the other shows."

-----------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: