BIG BROTHER 7 DISCUSSION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think that Pete was playing the game yesterday? He was saying in open discussion to Richard that if he doesn't win it will make him doubt the dream of his friend visiting him from Heaven. I felt like I was being emotionally blackmailed as a viewer! Confused

Now, I'm saying Glyn to win!!!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about that myself about Pete. It sounded slightly lame and to me it's pretty cocky to go in thinking you've already won on that basis, and if you don't is there a heaven? That's a load of shite as far as I'm concerned.

I'd perfer to see Glyn, Richard or Asslene win. Either of them would suit me fine or even Jennie for that matter as she's authentic and I find that rather refreshing.

I think Pete's a nice guy and all that but I'm afraid if he won, Nikki the scum sucking pig will spend it all on him then leave him high and dry. I don't want her to get a thing from this but unfortunately she will.

One promise I made to myself is never to watch a thing she does after this because I find her repulsive and not worthy of a thing. She's a selfish witch and her temper tantrums and greedy attitude don't do a thing for me. She's about as cute as ruptured boil.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who Gets My Vote? Nobody Babe

The long hot summer of Big Brother finally, FINALLY comes to an end tonight and Pete, followed by Aisleyne and Glyn, is the favourite to take the ?100,000 Big Brother crown.

The Daily Mirror has come out in support of Aisleyne, or at least columnist Polly Hudson has, and Dermot O'Leary barely disguises his preference for Glyn (if I hear the words, "what a journey he's been on" one more time...). Even newly-crowned 'favourite Big Brother housemate ever' Jade Goody has got in on the act, getting firmly behind Glyn.

For the second time in Big Brother history (the first being the infamous fourth series), I have absolutely no interest in who wins. Even if Jennie caused a massive shock and came from behind to beat Pete to the crown, I'd probably just shrug my shoulders. As far as I'm concerned, we should all get the ?100,000 for enduring weeks of this tedium.

It all started off so promisingly - remember that Shahbaz-dominated first week and all his mad antics? I still laugh over his bizarre decision to hide the food. I know I shouldn't find that funny, but I do. What about Bonnie's hilarious inability to pronounce her own name ("Bon-aaaeeeeeeeeyyyyy")? Sezer 'romancing' Imogen? Mikey and (diss)Grace getting close in bed? Sezer's fight with Richard? Nikki's tantrums (back when they were actually funny)? Dawn ("Oh shut up! Oh shut up! Oh shut up! Oh shut up!" ) getting kicked out when her secret code was discovered?

And then the Golden Ticket strangled the life out of the golden goose as Snoozy Susie ("Would anyone like a cup of tea?") killed the vibe quicker than a rubbish DJ at an all-night rave. From that moment on, Big Brother 7 died and each desperate ER-like attempt to revive it, such as the not-so-secret house which was quickly discovered due to a lack of sound-proofing, failed dramatically.

Like a morbidly obese person, bloated Big Brother 7 has huffed and puffed as it journeyed to its conclusion. So what kind of finale can we expect? Well, none of the tension of last year when disco-dancing Anthony Hutton narrowly beat geeky Eugene Sully, that's for sure.

Pete (yawn) is hot-favourite to win. Welshman Glyn is probably his strongest rival but in a competitive Big Brother series, he would've been evicted by now. Jennie has no chance. Princess Nikki ("Who is she? Who is she? Where did you find her!?") was fab telly during her original run, but she's beginning to grate. Richard's bitching raised a smile at times ("she's like genital warts...she just won't go away"), however had Shabaz remained in the house, he would've been out much earlier. The Scottish 21st century Quentin Crisp with an Asian flavour (his words, not ours) was determined to be the only drama queen in that particular village. And he was.

Lastly, ghetto gal Aisleyne is the girl most likely, but she's lost all her spunk. She had me on her side in her eviction week when she finally lost patience with Old Mother Hubbard Lea and her endless crying fits over Pete (or over something someone said. Or just for the sake of it). Who gets my vote? None of them.

Thank heavens for Russell Brand on Big Brother's Big Mouth, for it is he that has emerged as the true star of Big Brother 7 - the swine! And I've been glued to E4 as a result. His studio audience is a disturbing yet compelling mixture of Big Brother freaks and saddos from every racial background, the people that phone into his show are scarier than Freddy Krueger (seriously, should they even be out in society?) and his studio guests can never get a word in edgeways. As for the man himself? Russell Brand's views on Big Brother are so tongue-in-cheek that when I heard 'em, I went down to my video shop, went over to the 'Carry On' section, pulled out Carry On Abroad, went over to customer services and shouted: "lads! Is Kenneth Williams camping in this one?" They looked at me as if I was no better than Hattie Jacques. Ooooh Matron!

Without him, I might've given up on Big Brother 7 entirely.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I was saying the same thing the other day... Brand really has made the show worth the effort.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I was saying the same thing the other day... Brand really has made the show worth the effort.

He is brilliant yeah. I actually enjoyed watching Big Mouth and BBLB more than some of the eps, but Russell Brand wins my vote hands down for the most interesting of the lot. I adore Dermot but Russell is so off the wall and funny as hell. I'll miss him more than anything else me thinks! Crying
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell's opening monologue on the final BBBM was absolutely, hands-down hysterical. "Pete, if there was ever a time for you to call someone a wanker, this is it!" Loved it! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Russell's opening monologue on the final BBBM was absolutely, hands-down hysterical. "Pete, if there was ever a time for you to call someone a wanker, this is it!" Loved it! Laughing

Yeah, that Big Mouth was brilliant - some of the most entertaining tv I've seen in a good while. I'm looking forward to Brand's new show - finally a host who is intelligent, witty self-abasing and crude as hell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: