Spinal Tap to reform

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Spinal Tap to reform Reply with quote

Smell The Glove. Again!

The heavy metal trio of Nigel Tufnel, David St Hubbins and Derek Smalls (better known as comedy legends Christopher Guest, Michael McKean and Harry Shearer) have made a brand new film all about the band's eco-consciousness, followed by an appearance at this summer's Live Earth Festival. Film director Rob Reiner, who made their classic rockumentary, This is Spinal Tap spoke about the project before the film debuted, a New York festival. "They're not that environmentally conscious, but they've heard of global warming," He revealed. "Nigel thought it was just because he was wearing too much clothing - that if he just took his jacket off it would be cooler."

To reflect this budding awareness, the band have released a new single called Warmer than Hell, featuring lyrics such as: "The devil went to Devon, it felt like the fourth degree/He said, 'Is it hot in here, or is it only me?'"

The Tap will appear at the Live Earth concert on July 7th, organised by former US Vice President Al Gore, to be held at Wembley Stadium. On a more serious note, Reiner also revealed his hopes for the event: "What I think is going to be nice about this whole effort is there will be marching orders for people. Not only from a personal standpoint of what individuals can do in their lives, but a macro perspective with respect to the public sector and government."

--------------------

I'm sure this will be brilliant if they keep things in the same style and don't go all Hollywood with it...
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah and Amen, brother!!!! You have made my day with this post!! thumbs

My fave Spinal Tap moment is when Christopher Guest is demonstrating his amplifier and he says (about the volume control): "Look, it goes to ELEVEN!"

Don't know why, but that just cracks me up.

Brilliant stuff -- can't wait to see the new film!!
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's like the "6 minute abs" joke in There's Something About Mary (of course, the Tap did it first).

It cracked me up too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: