Wendy Richard returns to Miss Brahms style role

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Wendy Richard returns to Miss Brahms style role Reply with quote

Wendy Richard will play a Miss Brahms-style role in a new comedy from the makers of Are You Being Served?

The creators of the 1970s hit are reimagining an older version of their character in a new series called Here Comes The Queen. The ex-EastEnder said she was looking forward to the new challenge.

"My character won't be glamorous because she is a lady of a certain age but she will be smart," explained the actress. "She is Miss Brahms a few years down the line."

She told the Daily Mirror how the series, written by David Croft and also starring Les Dennis, was triggered by her leaving the soap.

"I phoned David last year and said: 'I've resigned from EastEnders, so if you fancy getting your writing hat on again... And a couple of weeks later I got a script through the post with a lovely letter from David. I'm just so excited - it is going to be brilliant."

Richard also revealed she is not missing the hard work of soap life. "I do have a spring in my step again," she explained. "Before Christmas, I got a text from Natalie Cassidy, who plays Sonia. It said: 'We are standing here in the graveyard. It's very cold. We're here all day and it's all your fault!'

"I sent a text back saying: 'I finished work at 11.05am and had a nap. Now I'm out having a drink before lunch. Enjoy your day!'"

Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it will be an interesting show!
tasst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will await with interest on this one.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deffo' sounds like something to watch at least 2 or 3 eps of.
(I always give a show 2 or 3 chances to impress me)

On a dif' note about her...

My mother designed her kitchen & did all her flooring circa 89/90.
My mom said that she (WR) had a bit of a cat problem & the house was a bit of a rubbish tip.
Two of the installers (kitchen) & a whole team of carpet & wood flooring layers refused to go back after their first day on the job because of the mess & the smell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: