The Apprentice (UK) 2007 (contains spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: The Apprentice (UK) 2007 (contains spoilers) Reply with quote

Looking forward to this. The US version seems to have become lost in the schedules. I caught a couple of episodes a few weeks ago and now I don't even know if it is still on.

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had to download the Apprentice the last couple times. You're right maycm. It's become lost in the schedules. They've given it a horrible time slot.

I just love Sir Alan Sugar's personality and can't wait to see it. Seeing him on Comic Relief just reminded me of how much I'm looking forward to it.

A week from today yesssss!!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the first episode?

Don't look under the tab if you haven't seen it yet.

Hidden: 
Come onnnnnn lets chat about the show. I don't want to be talking to myself here lol

Right my opinion on the first ep ahem...

I thought the one sent home deserved to go. He was weak, had no organization skills and couldn't control the group the least bit and lost full control before he even started.

When he cried at the end it cemented my decision he needed to go, although I thought the 2 women in the boardroom with him were useless as tits on a bull and should be the next to kicked out the door. Especially the heavy blonde one.

I do feel sorry for the guy that left though because he's seems so nice, but as the ole saying goes....nice guys finish last.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to watch it - so I've not read what you've written and I'm gonna download it now...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I forgot to watch it - so I've not read what you've written and I'm gonna download it now...

Wicked then we can discuss! yayyy lol

Get the after show as well
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching Episode 1

Spoilers and comments below

Hidden: 
I didn't think anyone made a good job of this task actually - it seemed no-one even set out till 8am - if it was me I'd be on the road at 5am and catch early commuter traffic around the hot spots of the city. Why waste so much time?

I agree Mark didn't do a good job, why have both stalls in one location? Then again, Jadine, the leader of 'Eclipse' pulled the van from a good spot and they couldn't find another good location.

She was also very poor at handing the relationships within her team - "Tre" looks like another Saeed on that team, cocky, knows it all etc. Jadine was saved only by the stellar sales he made, although I can't wait to see him go.

All in all a good first episode.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished watching and thought it was pretty good - I didn't like the guy John at first, but he grew on me a bit, though only as a person. As a manager he was more like David Brent than Alan Sugar.

Just about to watch the "You're Fired!" show - I've a feeling he'll be spitting nails... haha
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with this thread we should put 'may contain spoilers' in the title. I don't like having to hide all my comments about it, so perhaps if some of us have seen it before others they can avoid the thread till they've watched it?

It sure beats having to hide our comments under tabs.

Feedback please Very Happy
Boab

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I think with this thread we should put 'may contain spoilers' in the title. I don't like having to hide all my comments about it, so perhaps if some of us have seen it before others they can avoid the thread till they've watched it?

It sure beats having to hide our comments under tabs.

Feedback please Very Happy

I only have one thing to say about this years candidates.

Arseholes the lot of them..................sack em all.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRED UP FOR THE APPRENTICE
Tony Parsons 02/04/2007

THE reality TV show will never die as long as The Apprentice is on the air. "My passions are winning, winning and winning," said car salesman Andy Jackson. "I never, ever lose." He lost. Inevitably. I miss him already. The big fat fool didn't even deserve Sir Alan's boot. That should have gone to the pair of silly cows who said "we know London" and tried to sell cappuccino in Islington's rough old Chapel Street market - a place that was invented for the term "down market". It was like trying to sell chocolate-flavoured condoms in a nunnery. But what a great show.

After one episode of the new series, The Apprentice remains a perfect mirror of human frailty, doomed vanity and people whose idea of a role model is Gordon Gekko, the Michael Douglas character in Wall Street.

-------------

Quite harsh, but pretty fair I thought! Laughing

as far as spoilers are concerned... yeah, that's a plan - I'll change the title.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
FIRED UP FOR THE APPRENTICE
Tony Parsons 02/04/2007

THE reality TV show will never die as long as The Apprentice is on the air. "My passions are winning, winning and winning," said car salesman Andy Jackson. "I never, ever lose." He lost. Inevitably. I miss him already. The big fat fool didn't even deserve Sir Alan's boot. That should have gone to the pair of silly cows who said "we know London" and tried to sell cappuccino in Islington's rough old Chapel Street market - a place that was invented for the term "down market". It was like trying to sell chocolate-flavoured condoms in a nunnery. But what a great show.

After one episode of the new series, The Apprentice remains a perfect mirror of human frailty, doomed vanity and people whose idea of a role model is Gordon Gekko, the Michael Douglas character in Wall Street.

-------------

Quite harsh, but pretty fair I thought! Laughing

as far as spoilers are concerned... yeah, that's a plan - I'll change the title.

What a bloody laugh that article is! I liked the man but only for pity sake. He never should have been accepted because he's no backbone whatsoever. Any man that cries after a task he carried out so terribly doesn't belong in a lead role in business at all.

I'm sure he was overwhelmed and all that, but being honest the group of ladies managed themselves, and piss poorly. They're all a load of rubbish and if that's the best they picked out of 10,000 I'd hate to of seen the rest of the applicants crazed

I more watch it for Sir Alan Sugars silver tongued comments. He's candid, crass and and a right prick. Brilliant!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I more watch it for Sir Alan Sugars silver tongued comments. He's candid, crass and and a right prick. Brilliant!

....as sure as I've got a hole in my arse.....you'll be seeing some gems this year. Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

....as sure as I've got a hole in my arse.....you'll be seeing some gems this year. Laughing

LMAO!! Isn't he something Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so glad to see that muppet dictator Rory Laing fired. His style of leadership was preposterous and I had a pretty good feeling they were on the losing end after seeing that belt they created.

Who in their right mind would want to walk around with one of them things on, especially if you've dog shite in one of the pouches? Not I! lol

Tre Azam is a complete nutter as well, and I'm sure if the mens team loses next week he's gone. He can't get his mouth in check and from the preview he's not changed a bit. It's like they don't realise Sir Alan can review the tapes to see their performance and how they conduct themselves.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this blog all about the show. It's well written for sure, but to write that much about each show is a bit intense, though maybe I've just got less patience than some...

http://blog.myspace.com/wivenhoefunnyfarm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: