The Sopranos (contains spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I got the impression that Tony was hit at the diner. The Italian-looking guy who went to the loo appeared to be eyeing Tony suspiciously, and they (the editors) made a big deal of Meadow being late to park her car, leaving the shooter (?) a clean shot.

The saddest part of the ending was Uncle Junior. Granted, he may not have been a nice guy in his hey day, but Dementia stole his memories and (with them) his personality, leaving him a shell of his former self. Sad.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basicly after just watching this .....I thought my Tivo had ran out at the last minute .......

?????
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
Funny, I got the impression that Tony was hit at the diner. The Italian-looking guy who went to the loo appeared to be eyeing Tony suspiciously, and they (the editors) made a big deal of Meadow being late to park her car, leaving the shooter (?) a clean shot.

The saddest part of the ending was Uncle Junior. Granted, he may not have been a nice guy in his hey day, but Dementia stole his memories and (with them) his personality, leaving him a shell of his former self. Sad.

You know what, major? Your impression is yet another one I've heard discussed today. The screen suddenly went blank because when a mob boss/made man is hit, he never sees it coming. Cases in point: Big Pussy, Christopher, Bobby, Silvio and Phil Leotardo. Thus the screen going blank suddenly could very well be the end of Tony's life.
major.tom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Pussy was a pretty special case. He probably had his suspicions as soon as Tony and Silvio showed up at his house unannounced. As soon as Tony asked him when he'd flipped (on the boat) I think he knew his fate was sealed. But his death was the exception in that he faced it head-on.

I just finished watching the episode when Chris goes into rehab (S4E10 The Strong, Silent Type). It puts what happened to Chris in a whole new light for me. Junior's immediate reaction to hearing Chris was doing drugs is to take him out. And when Tony confronts him in the hospital (after the dismal failure of an intervention) Tony says something like "anyone else, and he'd have his intervention in the back of the head." So maybe when Tony killed him he did so out of the realization he could never again trust Chris.

I'm a bit torn about the finale. I thought the rule was the family wasn't involved. But Phil was killed in front of his daughter and grandkids, so that rule might've gone out the window. It's a pity they chose to end without a proper conclusion.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you're right about Big Pussy's demise -- shouldn't have included him in my list, thanks for the clarification.

The finale's left me feeling a bit torn as well. I also thought that families were not to be involved. I was under the impression that at the meeting in the warehouse organised by Little Carmine, Johnny Sac's name was evoked by Tony in order to stop Phil's plans and to bring a truce between the two families.

What I'm wondering is, if Tony was indeed murdered, who ordered the hit? Was he killed due to Phil's orders, although Phil was already dead? Or is there someone else vying for power? Hmmmmmmm
major.tom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a hit, it's hard to say whether it was a) Phil's order which his crew failed to rescind, b) Phil's crew double-crossing Tony immediately after shaking hands, or c) someone else (like Little Carmine, who seemed pretty tight-lipped during the sit-down) making a move of his own.

That's the problem with this ending. It poses more questions than it answers. If that was the aim, it's a not-too-subtle finger (or two fingers, depending on your background) at their audience.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard the were saving it for a movie thats why its open ended I havnt seen it since the end of the second series , when i left the states so i am now getting it downloaded ready to watch all 80 something episodes so that should keep me entertained for quite a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: