The Sopranos (contains spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
My fave episode was when Paulie Walnuts and Christopher were meant to kill a Russian. They took the guy into the snowy woods where he was meant to be killed, but the Russian got away. Whilst chasing the Russian, Christopher was hit by a shovel. After the Russian escaped and Paulie and Christopher managed to find their car, they returned to meet with Tony.

Tony, noticing Christopher's injury from the shovel strike, asked what happened. Paulie replied, "Christopher had an unfortunate encounter with a garden implement."

Priceless!!

Oh I remember that one. I'm trying to remember what Paulie told Christopher the guy was. Tony told Paulie he was some type of fighter/survivalist and what he told Chris was just so damn funny.

When Tony and Bobby finally found them and they were on the way home, do you remember the last shot of Paulie's face and his eyes almost looking crossed? He looked like one twisted individual....and that's how he really looks Laughing
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's why that's one of my fave episodes....because it was so f***in funny. A bit of levity in such a serious drama is always welcome, isn't it?

When considering serious episodes, the one that comes to mind is when Silvio murdered Adrianna. That was so intense....and whenever I look at Silvio I always think of him as the guitar player (preceding Nils Lofgren) for Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band!
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That episode was Pine Barrens. I forgot that line (thanks Kezza) -- priceless.

I think Paulie had that look on his face because Tony was making it clear that if they left, Paulie would bear the brunt of any repercussions resulting from the incident with the Russian. I remember the Russian was a good friend (saved the life) of one of Tony's business partners. And the only reason they were taking him to the woods was because Paulie crossed the line and began fighting the guy in his apartment when they were just supposed to make a pickup.

Come to think of it, did anything ever come of that?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
No trouble for the quotes. It helps to see what you're responding to.

Since Tony did get shot, I wouldn't be surprised if he was not 100% (physically). But, as you pointed out, he has gotten larger over the years, and the thing about being at the top is that you have to remind others around you why you're there. That's why he beat up that young guy at the Bing (I think it was) for no apparent reason shortly after his brush with death (then puked shortly after) -- to show he was still top dog. Now his position is tenuous -- he knows it and Bobby knows it.

The funeral/wake episode was a nice one. Tony's mother was a complex character. I didn't realize the actress died in real life at that time. One thing that sticks in my memory was Janice turning the wake into a sappy "flower child" event and Carmella putting them all right. Chris, being high, was also pretty funny. Her character developed (through Tony's sessions with Dr. Melfi (sp?)) into a pretty nasty one. But she played it very well, almost sympathetically, and frequently with black humour.

My favourite episode was probably when Tony discovered Big Pussy was working with the FBI. It was hilarious (because of his shellfish poisoning) and sad. The next X-mas, when Tony received one of those singing fish ("Take me to the water / drop me in the ocean") and nearly had a panic attack, I almost died laughing. Pine Barrens (when Paulie and Chris are stuck out in the woods) was also up there.

I'm having trouble keeping the seasons straight. I thought Season 5 ended with Ade being killed. From the official site, I think the episode I'm thinking of is Long Term Parking. I don't think it was a dream episode, but the way the cuts were from scene to scene, it felt disjointed and unlike the usual show. Just abrupt, like the style was intentionally omitted during editing.

I feel like a sap even admitting this but when they killed Big Pussy I cried like an ejit Laughing It was just so hard seeing them do that and knowing they all loved him like a brother.

It was pretty funny when he opened that xmas gift from Meadow and it was that singing fish. The look on his face was priceless for sure.

it's easy to get the eps mixed up because they were so far apart from each other and it was a bit hard getting back into the swing of it all and remembering where it left off. I'm having a bit of trouble myself and I've watched eps 1-4 atleast 3 times and 5 twice...I think.

Once it's all over with I'll have a marathon and watch them all again. It has to be one of my alltime fave shows I've ever watched.
major.tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I feel like a sap even admitting this but when they killed Big Pussy I cried like an ejit Laughing It was just so hard seeing them do that and knowing they all loved him like a brother.

Very well written and acted. It was like a play within a play -- they all knew what was going to happen. It was a sad episode.

Quote:
Once it's all over with I'll have a marathon and watch them all again. It has to be one of my alltime fave shows I've ever watched.

Why wait? I think I'll get downloading. It's been years since I've seen the earlier episodes.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Very well written and acted. It was like a play within a play -- they all knew what was going to happen. It was a sad episode.

Quote:

Why wait? I think I'll get downloading. It's been years since I've seen the earlier episodes.

I've every series on dvd here but figure I'll wait till it's finished so I can see the characters progress. It always shocks me watching series 1 and seeing how they all look and act, and I think it will be pretty entertaining taking a weekend to go through them all once it's done with.

If you have trouble finding any let me know. I'll search out some places if you've any you can't find.
major.tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have some usual torrent sites I'll check. (I'd mention them, but but probably shouldn't 'in the open'.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine bought a few box sets with series 1-3 and I cloned them all. The others I rented from Blockbuster and cloned. It's a lot quicker and less time consuming. I think you'll have a hard time finding them all now but ye never know. Good luck Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
A friend of mine bought a few box sets with series 1-3 and I cloned them all. The others I rented from Blockbuster and cloned. It's a lot quicker and less time consuming. I think you'll have a hard time finding them all now but ye never know. Good luck Smile

I got the box sets myself ages ago. I love them!
major.tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I think you'll have a hard time finding them all now but ye never know. Good luck Smile

I actually found a .torrent of all 6 seasons the 1st place I looked. Care to wish me luck on the next lottery draw? It obviously worked. Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I think you'll have a hard time finding them all now but ye never know. Good luck Smile

I actually found a .torrent of all 6 seasons the 1st place I looked. Care to wish me luck on the next lottery draw? It obviously worked. Very Happy

Wow nice one! Are they dvd rips?
major.tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to view any (it'll take a few days to complete) but I believe they are DVD rips in xvid format. Because some studios hire companies to monitor torrent sites, I recommend using a peer 2 peer "firewall" like Peer Guardian, though...

PM me if you want the link. There are smaller .torrents there with individual seasons, if you're missing a season or two. But those are usually tv rips, and the quality might vary episode to episode.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will watch this series as its the last .....I never watched last one but i had saved on my dvr ..so i did a marathon watch on saturday ..Sad dont get me wrong i loved the early days of sopranos ..but it just got so boring.......I have a feeling that chris's wife is gonna show up not dead ...that i would like to see ...... Smile

For me the Best show on HBO is *THE WIRE* love it love it love it Very Happy

http://www.hbo.com/thewire/about/
major.tom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
I will watch this series as its the last .....I never watched last one but i had saved on my dvr ..so i did a marathon watch on saturday ..Sad dont get me wrong i loved the early days of sopranos ..but it just got so boring.......I have a feeling that chris's wife is gonna show up not dead ...that i would like to see ...... Smile

I just started watching the first episodes in the last few days. They are brilliant. I had forgotten how well they were written. I was especially surprised to see how cunning Tony's mother was in episode 2 (or was it 3?).

Quote:
For me the Best show on HBO is *THE WIRE* love it love it love it Very Happy http://www.hbo.com/thewire/about/

I've seen bits and pieces of it, and it looks like it'd be worth watching. But it seems I have a lot of catching up to do since this is season 4.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed last Sunday's episode (22 April 07).

There were also 2 scenes that had us laughing out loud:

(1) Paulie packing his suitcase - opens his closet to retrieve his shoes -- and they are all white slip-on loafers!!

(2) Uncle Junior writing a letter to VP Cheney, hoping for empathy since Cheney was involved in an "accidental" shooting as well.

It was also cool to see Big Pussy again.

The writing on this show is just superb!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: