Happiness in Eastenders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Happiness in Eastenders Reply with quote

After seeing the funny moments last night in EE I did realize I have been overlooking some stuff. And the reason being is because it isn't focused on.

Take Ian and Jane for instance. For once we have a relationship involving Ian that did fall apart (over an affair, shock horror) but instead of Ian going on his regular vendictive streak or the woman trying to off him, they've gotten back together and are working to make a go of it! And I know Ian can be an absolute git, but he does have a good side. And I think Jane really is good for him. He has also been there for her in the past and supported her. They're a great combination.

I am so glad they did that thumbs For ages I've been thinking they needed to change that with Ian and they actually have. Not to say it's going to be all sunshine and flowers, but it's a start.

The problem is they don't have a lot of screen time at the moment. So it's like they're hiding the happy moments behind camera. Crying If they just brought a few more of those happy moments up front I think it would reall help balance out the soap opera misery.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right on that one Sky. The reason EE hasn't done well over the last few years is that everything on that show is so damn negative. I'm all for the more lighthearted moments!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole Moe getting the dart stuck on her ass and Phil having to take it out and rub antiseptic on it. Classic! Loved Phil's face before and after.... lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fritz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea bird it's nice to get a chuckel once in a while Laughing
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree! There should be more bright moments in the show! But the nasty twists do have something too agree
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the humour this week - but they've a long way to go to catch up to Corrie.

wink
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
I really liked the humour this week - but they've a long way to go to catch up to Corrie.

wink

I don't think I want it as light as that. But the laughs that they have had in the last few episodes have been great. I think that this week was a great balance.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Twirley wrote:

wink

I don't think I want it as light as that.

What corrie does is balance the very heavy stories with deftly placed light-heartedness to counteract the negativity. Something that any good writer would do unless the intention was to cause misery in the viewer/reader!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Twirley wrote:

wink

I don't think I want it as light as that.

What corrie does is balance the very heavy stories with deftly placed light-heartedness to counteract the negativity. Something that any good writer would do unless the intention was to cause misery in the viewer/reader!

I'm just saying it's not how I want it. The misery in EE doesn't get to me as it does some. Corrie just never appealed to me.
Like I said the last few episodes have been the perfect balance for me.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? The whole Dungeness setting and the young boy dying off was a bit heavy for me! Especially as the show ran for an hour! I think it is a bit much sometimes and I need a break from it as it is just a bit toooo depressing Very Happy But I do love EE neither the less Razz
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Really? The whole Dungeness setting and the young boy dying off was a bit heavy for me! Especially as the show ran for an hour! I think it is a bit much sometimes and I need a break from it as it is just a bit toooo depressing Very Happy But I do love EE neither the less Razz

That wasn't too happy. But in all honesty I can break away from it easy. I personally have to deal with worse at work. At least that's how I feel.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know not everyone find it as funny as I do, but I found some very funny moments in today's episode. Garry and Minty getting all excited about the new person moving in to find out it was Dawn. Minty's facial treament. And of course Ian being his usual self and getting it from Phil.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Garry & Minty do bring a touch of humour to the show. The look on their faces when they saw Dawn...priceless! Ha ha ha.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Yes, Garry & Minty do bring a touch of humour to the show. The look on their faces when they saw Dawn...priceless! Ha ha ha.

It really was. And I do think that EE is trying here and there to put it in. I know I enjoyed that episode a lot last night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: