EE:Billy's money problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: EE:Billy's money problem Reply with quote

Where on earth did this come from? Confused And all of a sudden his attitude that he's the one who should be bringing in the money only? I don't remember him having a problem with Little Mo scrubbing toliets! angry
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny isn't that! It seemed as if his money problems stemmed from illegal DVDs being sold on the square and hence nobody wanting to rent his DVDs anymore. I do not understand why he did not report that to the authorities and instead is going bust. Just a thought! But good point about Mo's toilet scrubbing Very Happy
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it does seem like that. Li sets up her stall for an afternoon and the rental store goes bust! Laughing How does that work?

I always preferred Little Mo with Billy. Honey is good for a laugh with her malaprop's but I'm just not that bothered by her character.

The totally ruined Little Mo when they started the her and Alfie plotline. However, the Little Mo before that I miss loads!
cori

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too ma wondering where Billy's money probs have come from? Didn't Phil back him most recently in this business?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil owns the business. So that is what is weird. Phil was by the video shop complaining about some bills, etc. So it's not making much sense anywhere. This is another reason I really think Honey is pregnant again. It will set Billy off the deepend thinking about another mouth to feed.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that sort of sounds true EE-style! It's funny how in EE nobody ever openly speaks about their problems and instead bottle them up making things just sooo much worse! Sort of funny Very Happy
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is Lost. I've noticed that in a lot of soaps too. It's a bit frustraing but funny.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, how Pat seems to be the one having to keep all their secrets. It's stupid really, as any man worth his salt would tell Honey to go easy on the spending. It's not like they have well-paying jobs is it? I mean...to spend $50 on a giftcard for a friend looking after your child for a few hours is a bit much when you know you don't earn much. Better to show the appreciation by a thoughtful, less expensive gift until you can afford something nice.

I don't get Billy's money problems either - surely he's just the manger of the DVD store, so he should be getting a regular wage. Or - does he actually own the business and just rents the premises from Phil??

blanklook
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Yeah, how Pat seems to be the one having to keep all their secrets. It's stupid really, as any man worth his salt would tell Honey to go easy on the spending. It's not like they have well-paying jobs is it? I mean...to spend $50 on a giftcard for a friend looking after your child for a few hours is a bit much when you know you don't earn much. Better to show the appreciation by a thoughtful, less expensive gift until you can afford something nice.

I don't get Billy's money problems either - surely he's just the manger of the DVD store, so he should be getting a regular wage. Or - does he actually own the business and just rents the premises from Phil??

blanklook

Phil bought the place and let Billy stay in the flat and continue to manage the shop.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Twirley wrote:

blanklook

Phil bought the place and let Billy stay in the flat and continue to manage the shop.

So why all the big problems? Shouldn't they be Phil's problems?

Confused
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Twirley wrote:

blanklook

So why all the big problems? Shouldn't they be Phil's problems?

Confused

Phil came around and was complaining about the bills but Billy said that he had it all taken care of. They've had Phil kind of sticking his nose but Billy giving him the brush off. Which also makes no sense.
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long will we have to watch Billy silently(and painfully boring) suffer through their money problems? Phil being the owner would be the one that is responsible for the bills and Phil being Phil would be on top of his business ventures and not leave the financial stuff to a plank like Billy.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misslisalynn wrote:
How long will we have to watch Billy silently(and painfully boring) suffer through their money problems? Phil being the owner would be the one that is responsible for the bills and Phil being Phil would be on top of his business ventures and not leave the financial stuff to a plank like Billy.
I guess they need this part of the story to make Honey's pregnancy more dramatic! It all is a bit silly though Very Happy
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Billy finally had a good idea with the internet cafe but to turn around and leave the unbolted down computers unattended makes me think that he must of had a few epidoodles of his own.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misslisalynn wrote:
Ok, Billy finally had a good idea with the internet cafe but to turn around and leave the unbolted down computers unattended makes me think that he must of had a few epidoodles of his own.

Epidoodles! Laughing
He's not the brightest crayon in the box but I never pegged him as being this much of a dim bulb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: