Eastenders 5 times a week?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Eastenders 5 times a week? Reply with quote

Get Enders 5 times a week

EASTENDERS is to be screened FIVE times a week to do battle with rival Coronation Street, The Sun can reveal. BBC1 bosses are set to film an extra half-hour episode of the soap, tipped to be broadcast on Wednesday nights. That would add up to 2½ hours of EastEnders per week — exactly the same as ITV1 rival Corrie. A Beeb insider said: “BBC1 controller Peter Fincham is very keen to match Corrie episode for episode. He’s made no secret that he’d like EastEnders to go five times a week and is in discussions with drama chiefs to firm up the plans.”

EastEnders, whose stars include John Bardon as Jim Branning, now airs on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights, with an omnibus on Sundays. Corrie has a Monday double bill and is also shown on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. The extra half hour of EastEnders, which could alternatively be shown on Sundays, follows months of criticism over scripts and storylines. The show went four times a week in August 2001, to match Corrie, which introduced a fourth episode in 1996. Stars had to be pacified by TV chiefs, who were said to have given them £50,000 pay rises for the extra workload.

Last night an EastEnders insider insisted the cast had NOT been told of plans for a fifth weekly episode. A BBC spokeswoman said: “We constantly examine our schedules for possibilities.”

----------

Just so you's all know, if this happens I'll stop doing it completely. The thought of so much eastenders tuirns my stomach.
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a long time coming, as there's usually nothing on on a wednessday.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this rumor back in 2002 but it never happened.
Story
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Story

And just read this at BBC News Click here
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there's Coronation Street and The Bill on ITV, so whatever they do it will clash with one of them, though I'd guess they'd go for The Bill's timeslot - which will cause ructions up and down the country as disgruntled blokes have to lose out on their weekly dose of car-chases and hostage situations!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Story

here's hoping that's the truth!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Story

here's hoping that's the truth!

I have a feeling that it is. I don't think they need to move it to five times a week anyway. I think this rumor has just been flying around for ages and people just crop it back up.
Boab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is with all these soaps. Albert Square (eastenders), Coronation St, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale and even the good old Brookside Close. There are other but i must draw the line somewhere.

Just who the hell would move there after all the hassle these places attract. They must have a terrible murder rate. I know i'd at least move a few streets away.

Hate the lot of them. 5 days a week only means an extra night of doom and gloom and of course going to the Vic to celebrate. How pathetic is that. They spend their lunch hours in the Vic then they go there to celebrate.

Anyway i dont think i'll be watching

Rant over Mad Razz
cori

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt that EE can match the storylines and comedy that Corrie has, so why bother with a 5th. show, so that we can see Max dogging Stacey, or Bob screwing Dawn & May at the same time?? Duh! While I like my EE, enough is enough unless the scripts improve, tooooooo much doom and gloom, and on that note isn't it time for Ben & Stella to also depart into the TV abyss!
tec
Bad Toad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more Cori. It is and has become a very down and depressing daily saga. I think comedy storylines, occasionally, might be too much of a stretch for their writers. I do like EE, but since I started Corrie a few years back would much rather enjoy it 5 days per week. agree

cori wrote:
Doubt that EE can match the storylines and comedy that Corrie has, so why bother with a 5th. show, so that we can see Max dogging Stacey, or Bob screwing Dawn & May at the same time?? Duh! While I like my EE, enough is enough unless the scripts improve, tooooooo much doom and gloom, and on that note isn't it time for Ben & Stella to also depart into the TV abyss!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: