EE: Ex-Zoe to be in US show
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: EE: Ex-Zoe to be in US show Reply with quote

Former EastEnders star Michelle Ryan is set to star in a US remake of the 1970's television series, The Bionic Woman.

The 22-year-old actress beat a host of Hollywood stars to the role of Jamie Somers, a tennis star who is transformed with $50 million worth of bionic implants following a skydiving accident.

After leaving the BBC soap in 2004, Ryan has since appeared in the British romantic comedy, Cashback, and is due to appear back on UK television screens in a forthcoming adaptation of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.

The actress has also been working to establish herself in Hollywood, where she auditioned for and landed the lead role for the show's pilot episode.

Producers at NBC, the US network producing the show, have confirmed it will be a "re-imagination" of the original series, which starred actress Lindsay Wagner.

It's just great for her but honestly I am getting sick and tired of all the remakes and movies from old shows.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be interesting....I can't see it lasting past the pilot or a few episodes though...but it's nice that Brit talent gets a look in.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with you about the Brit talent, Bob, but I also agree with Sky about the number of remakes. I just find that once you've watched the original, for me at least, it's hard to accept a remake with a totally different actress/actor, etc.

BTW, does anyone watch CSI? The blonde detective, Sophia, is actually a British actress who played on the series House of Eliott..... I didn't even realize it was her until I watched CSI the other night and thought.... she looks familiar... seems funny to hear her speak without her accent... she sounds like she's trying to swallow it.
cori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she's got the shoulders for it
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: EE: Zoe Slater is the new Bionic Woman Reply with quote

I saw a preview for this new fall show on TV last night and thought the actres looked like Michelle Ryan.... sure enough it was. It'll be interesting to see her do something different. She's really grown up.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how this turns out - she showed herself to be a good actor in Jekyll recently, so I'm sure this will be good.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this in a preview a month or so ago. She does a very good American accent. It isn't my kind of show, but for those that like that sort of thing, it looks pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I read that recently and I'll check it out once anyway. Not my kind of show either.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of US tv in general , but with modern special effects this is a show that may work, she is sexy and may be able to act better than she has shown in EE, I also saw her in Jekyll but could not make my mind up about her acting abilaties , then on the other hand how many sexy girls on US tv shows can actualy act, so that may not be a requirement
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Bionic Zoe Reply with quote

I am currently watching the new Bionic Woman with Michelle Ryan. Her voice sounds funny...I guess becuase she is not screaming at anyone or crying. I did not watch the original in the 70's so I don't really have a frame of reference and I probably wouldn't be watching this one except for Michelle. I hope it is good, 'cuz I am supposed to be reading about the Viking migration...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so Bionic Zoe was a bust...pun only sorta intended. It wasn't very good and probably wont' last long.

However, the show after it, called Life (about a cop who spent 12 years in the federal pen for something he didn't do, then he is exonerated and put back on the force and a VERY large settlement). Damien Lewis of Band of Brothers fame (Capt Winters lives!) plays the cop. So far, pretty entertaining.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you went off-topic before anyone else even replied! haha

I'll download the bionic woman and see how it goes.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
you went off-topic before anyone else even replied! haha

Well, not so far off topic...it is still tv! Laughing
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Bionic Woman was terrible. Michelle Ryan's acting was so flat and emotionless that I was wishing she was doing all the Zoe crying and screaming fits. I don't think this show will last too long if her acting doesn't improve.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to watch it and forgot. Looks like I didn't miss much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: