Channel 4 to pull Big Brother?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Channel 4 to pull Big Brother? Reply with quote

So the top-heads at Channel 4 are having a meeting today to decide whether or not Big Brother should be taken off the air. I hope they do personally, as I'm getting sick of the constant discussion of it (the irony of starting this separate post isn't lost on me!).

If it forces the unimaginative producers at Endemol to bring together a group of people who can actually entertain the public, rather than simply give them something to waffle on endlessly about, then that's got to be a good thing. The lazy bastards just haven't thought this through...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want them to take it off the air. Especially with a week to go. I think they should grow some balls and "hang" in there... ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do decide to take it off air they should atleast have a final public vote on the winner. That'd be the only thing I'd actually want from it.

Because of all the abuse slung towards Shilpa over the last week and the people in the house being aware of a buzz outside the house...it's turned into a bit of a phony love-in and they're not really doing and saying what they'd normally do.

I've not watched the shows in the last couple nights but plan on getting caught up, but from watching the live feed occasionally it's just a complete and utter bore now.

I'm happy American Idol and The Apprentice is on so I'm taken care of as far as a reality fix goes.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If C4 dumps it, another network will jump on it...

It's a winner no matter how crap it may have become there are millions who will watch it no matter what chn it's on.

As bad as it seems, it's a deep experiment & every new series shows a new mix of lab' mice in a slightly dif' maze.

Whilst there is a UK public, there will be a want & need for this show.

OK, the format could do with a boost, add varied tasks daily, but then the monotony of it all is what breeds the stuff that we tune in for, no matter how we try to fool ourselves we don't tune in for the tasks & the 'nice' stuff...
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as people keep watching and the ad revenue keeps rolling in, I'm sure the money managers at Channel 4 won't pull the plug on BB. Morality aside, the show's making money and pulling in viewers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: