American Idol 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: American Idol 2007 Reply with quote

It's back!

Simon had some wonderfully acid comments tonight. I wonder how much he writes himself.

The "biggest Idol fan ever" was paticularly scary. I like the way she mentioned how many different Idol shows she watches. An avid downloader I'll bet.

The one thing I don't like about the audition shows is that they don't actually show many of the good singers. They said that only 17 people got though tonight and they could show us a clip of each of them in 2 hours? Give me a break!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I enjoy seeing the crap ones. This is really the only part of Idol I watch or find entertaining.

I felt Randy was much nastier than usual and Paula was a bit spacey.

I did enjoy it.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg I just finished starting a thread called American Idol and hit submit and saw you started one too lol I best go erase it!

That was bloody brilliant tonight. The biggest Idol fan ever had eyes like the Tasmanian Devil lmao

2 hours again tomorrow night folks, and from the look of the preview it's going to be a bloody riot!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
omg I just finished starting a thread called American Idol and hit submit and saw you started one too lol I best go erase it!

That was bloody brilliant tonight. The biggest Idol fan ever had eyes like the Tasmanian Devil lmao

2 hours again tomorrow night folks, and from the look of the preview it's going to be a bloody riot!

That it does! Surprised

Edit: The scariest audition to me tonight was the girl who was singing like the cowardly lion! Especially at the end when she asked if they wanted to keep the poster!

As for the biggest Idol fan, if she's such a big fan you think she would have known how it works and would have walked off without the begging!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about scary - looks like they are having a halloween fest on Wednesday.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again - some bizarre people tonight.

Why is it that Simon insists on saying "I'm not being rude..." when he has clearly said something rude (even if it is truthful)!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because being truthful to him isn't being, rude, that's why. He doesn't see it that way.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. The guy in the Hawaiian shirt reminded me of a human Cartman from South Park. But he was very sweet.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Because being truthful to him isn't being, rude, that's why. He doesn't see it that way.

So calling someone ugly/fat/a monkey isn't rude if it's truthful?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Skylace wrote:

So calling someone ugly/fat/a monkey isn't rude if it's truthful?

I didn't say it wasn't. I said "to him" it isn't being rude. I think it is.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ... I have NEVER watched an episode of AI before last night ... hubby said "I was told it's something to watch and it's in HD so what the hell." It was like a train wreck ... I honestly had to hide my eyes at certain points.

And Simon said the guy looked like a bushbaby

- not a monkey though they MAY be part of the primate family. Dude was scary.

Gave me a great idea though ... "Special Idol" for contestants who are disabled (or the ones Simon says "Not for this show." - all proceeds go to the Special Olympics.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ''American Idol'' auditions in Los Angeles spend too much time on deluded but not very funny wannabes

By Michael Slezak

Three.

Just three.

One hour of my life spent watching tonight's episode of American Idol, and all I get to see are three of the forty-plus Los Angeles auditions deemed worthy of a golden ticket? I'm not particularly superstitious, but after I noticed that this was the sixth episode of the series' sixth season, I began searching for a third six that would indicate that the devil was somehow involved here — because, honestly, Idol was pure hell this evening.

Yes, yes, yes, I appreciate that the audition rounds are about deluded masses yearning to sing free. But aren't they supposed to be funny? Or entertaining? Or at least a little scary? Actually, to be fair, one wannabe, Martik ''Panther'' Manoukian, actually lived up to all three of those adjectives. Growling like a randy Austin Powers impersonator with the left half of his goatee inexplicably shaved off, warbling through what I can only hope was an original composition (called, I think, ''Princess''), and peppering his (shirtless!) performance with intermittent hissing of the word ''eccentric,'' the dude came thisclose to delivering a great performance-art piece — though I'm still uncertain whether it was all completely self-aware or utterly clueless.

Just as riveting was Martik's pre-performance boast that ''I'm an athlete, I will get into acting as well, I will get into modeling, and I will get into being an author, as well as a singer-songwriter, rapper, choreographer, producer, and a composer.'' Hard to say. I think his destiny is more likely to involve displaying his trademark moves — the panther crawl, the eccentric, and the flash — in some kind of low-rent Chippendales knockoff. Here's hoping none of us ever has to bear witness to it.

And here's hoping we're never subjected to the work of most of the other folks who got airtime tonight, either. Oh, Cecile Frot-Coutaz (the Idol producer whose name always makes me go ''hmmm''), why must I be forced to endure folks like Sophat Peou, whose banana-suit spaz-out wouldn't have amused a classroom of third graders, let alone a prime-time viewing audience? What made you think anyone would delight in Grace Pugal singing ''One Moment in Time'' while strapped to a foam horse? And don't you realize that you shouldn't be encouraging fame-obsessed crazies like Mariana Riccio by giving them a flash of the national spotlight? I wonder how long she'd been practicing that dramatic drop to her knees and that monologue about how getting a golden ticket meant the world to her? I bet longer than she'd been working on her rendition of the Clash's ''Should I Stay or Should I Go,'' which Simon accurately noted sounded like ''Cher after she's been to the dentist.''

As desperate as Mariana was to go to Hollywood, however, I can assure you I'm twice as eager to get past the audition rounds myself. This despite the fact that there was something kinda cute about girlfriend-boyfriend auditioners Cavett Carr and Darold Gray. Watching her moon away over Darold's grill and then enter the audition room and make Simon squirm with her ''come to mama'' facial expressions did have me chuckling. And Darold's response to Simon's question about whether the cops ever responded to his singing — ''It depends on what kind of music we're listening to'' — was the one-liner of the night.

Still, by the time I shut off my TV, I was making like Clara Peller and asking, ''Where's the beef?'' In fact, if it weren't for Brandon Rogers' sensationally good performance of ''You Were Always on My Mind,'' a first-time viewer of Idol probably never would have guessed the series' point is to discover the country's next singing sensation. Now I'll admit, Brandon had me in his pocket the minute he mentioned he'd sung backup for two of my favorite singers, Christina Aguilera and Anastacia. I mean, anyone who can pass muster with divas of that caliber should go directly to the final 12, without passing go and without collecting $200. And not only did his rich, restrained voice touch guest judge Olivia Newton-John's heart and draw praise from Simon, but his biceps seemed to have Paula's salivary glands working overtime.

Tonight's other two successful auditions, on the other hand, had me quoting the McDoctors of Grey's Anatomy: ''Seriously?'' Alaina Alexander's rendition of ''Feeling Good'' was decent, but if the judges had really wanted to do something kind, they'd have pointed her in the direction of the nearest college admissions office. And if Brian Miller's not entirely pleasant ''Change Is Gonna Come'' was really an improvement on his audition from a year ago, then I'd like to know how he made it to the Hollywood round last season, too. I guess we'll find out how the guy fares this time around when the hell-week festivities air on Feb. 13 — that is, if I can survive the wait.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This has got to be the worst series of American Idol I've seen. There's hardly any talent walking through the door and the ones they're putting through are incredibly average at best.

I'm pretty close to not watching any further because it's become that boring and predictable, and even the crackpots that come in to take the piss are a complete bore.

Has anyone else found this series is completely useless? There's not one that's gone through that I like at all nevermind
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think this year they have been focusing on the crap auditions.

I have also noticed that the judges seem to be getting tired of all this. The energy really seems to be gone.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I really think this year they have been focusing on the crap auditions.

I have also noticed that the judges seem to be getting tired of all this. The energy really seems to be gone.

Spot on about the energy being gone. The only thing I got any enjoyment in last night was 'it's the other door'.

I loved watching people running into it, but then again I'm a bit of a sadist so there ye go!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the auditions are over and next week they go to camp. Is anyone still going to be watching it?

They showed previews of it and it looks pretty heavy for some. Simon is in rare form telling loads of them at a time to go home.

I was going to stop watching all together but after seeing that wee tidbit I might give it a shot. Unfortunately I love seeing some humiliated. I'll go to hell for it sure but I'll see you all there I'm sure Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: