The World Cup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giles Wemmbley Hogg Geht Zum FussballWeltmeisterschaft Weg!

He's back!

Budleigh Salterton's most famous citizen, traveller and worldly guru knows nothing about football or Germany, but from the moment he decides to book a strolling holiday in the Schwarzwald ("because it'll be nice and quiet this time of year"), he pitches headlong into the thrilling arena of the World Cup.

He may never have played football, but, he was Sports Monitor at school, (or as he puts it, "I was the only one allowed to touch the Master's ballbag at Charterhouse").

Transmitting during the three weeks of the competition itself, Giles will be reporting from the competition whilst filling in his massive Fussballweltmeisterschaftschautafel* with coloured pens ("I was going to do all the Groups with different colours, but I accidentally spilt a bit of yellowy nog over Group E and Portugal, so it's all got a bit confusing").

But interwoven with all this, Giles inevitably finds himself on a series of baffling adventures and mishaps, involving, amongst other things, the Iranian squad, a stolen World Cup, a very big cake and fifty sticks of Leipzig rock.

And to make matters worse, his fianc?e Bella is coming out to meet him in Nuremberg to help plan their forthcoming wedding. As is her mother.

---------

Listen to the latest installment by clicking here...

Very Happy
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back yesterday from the land of Welt Meister fever ... If I never see another Brazil fan it will be too soon. Sorry Irish ...

I had the luck of visiting 5 of the 12 host cities. PHEW! What mayhem! Hit downtown Dortmund the day of the Trinidad & Tobago v Sweden match ... I had never seen so many drunk Swedes in my life! All by 11 am!

It was quite an experience ...
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Marcella!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
just got back yesterday from the land of Welt Meister fever ... If I never see another Brazil fan it will be too soon. Sorry Irish ...

I had the luck of visiting 5 of the 12 host cities. PHEW! What mayhem! Hit downtown Dortmund the day of the Trinidad & Tobago v Sweden match ... I had never seen so many drunk Swedes in my life! All by 11 am!

Hope you had a good time marcella! Did you get to Hannover? My dad is from there and I remember going to that stadium when I was a young kid. How exciting to be in Germany when the World Cup is on.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:

Welcome back Marcella Very Happy No worries about Brazil fans. I know they're pretty mad and I only picked them this time round because Ireland's not in it.

I hope you had a good time even tho it sounds a lot of pisstanks were about, but that's part of what World Cup is all about. Watch some wicked matches and murder the your liver Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Marcella - I'm not jealous of you being in the stadium for the Italy-USA game that was probably the most passionate match of the tournament so far, no way, not me. Never!

Ok, maybe a bit.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make you feel better ... I wasn't in the stadium - hubby ans sis in law were. My hubby said it was the most comfortable and beautiful stadium he'd ever been in and the pitch was begging to be played on it was so pristine...

Bad side though? The official beer sponsor is Budweiser (yes the american - not the czech Budvar) so they had to hunt for Bitburger.
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe the official "beer" is budshiter. Even the Germans don't want it there. They have pretty strict standards on their own products, nevermind that imported crap. Money talks........... again, !!!!!!!!!???????.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to brag or anything but did I pick the right team or what?

Goals galore as Ronaldo makes history

THE ROAD TO GOLD: Ronaldo rides again. The subject of widespread criticism and the butt of a joke or two in the media in recent days, the 2002 winner of the adidas Golden Shoe silenced the doubters with a well-taken brace of goals, equalling Gerd Muller?s FIFA World Cup goalscoring record in the process.

Ronaldo the 'Bomber'

Mobility, commitment and lethal finishing skills ? Ronaldo gave glimpses of the virtues that not so long ago made him one of the most feared strikers in world football. It was Zico?s Japan who were made to suffer on a night when he caught up with Gerd Muller as the joint highest scorer in the competition?s illustrious history. Fittingly, the two goals that marked his return to form were typical Ronaldo strikes. His opening party trick was a close-range header following a fine headed pass from Cicinho, and the second came courtesy of a well-placed drive from the edge of the area nine minutes from time. With a trademark wag of his index finger the message was clear: Ronaldo was back.

ole ole ole oleeeeeeeee clap clap clap clap
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go the Aussies!!!!! Bring on Italy (who are they)!!!!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:
Go the Aussies!!!!! Bring on Italy (who are they)!!!!

If they aren't from Brazil it doesn't really matter now does it? :bigtongue:

nahhhh the aussies did well. Congrats to ye folks down under clap
ramona

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on England thumbs

No naughty picture this time Irish Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scottish tennis player Andy Murray said that he'd "support anyone playing England" in the world-cup, in the same way that I'd guess 95% of the population here would do, and as a result he's had a huge amount of abuse thrown at him from bitter ingerlish...

you can read it here on his blog...

http://andymurray.com/locker-room/blog/29-06/yesterday/#comments
janbo1960

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the Scots....didn't they USED to qualify for the world cup???

Ach well now they're playing a poofs game...tennis!!!!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramona wrote:
Come on England thumbs

No naughty picture this time Irish Smile

That's not naughty that's revolting. Now here's a lovely one to hang on any woman to give her TRUE class!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: