The World Cup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to post here ... only you people will appreciate it ...

So hubby has been planning the big World Cup trip to Germany for the family for three years. We have friends in Germany so we have a place to stay and plenty to see. PROBLEM? No tickets to games. It has been a cluster-f*ck in my opinion.... anyhoo - hubby was despondent.

Not being a big footie fan I wasn't fussed. I wasn't going to go to the matches anyways ... but I did stay up to date on the WCNews and discovered that they opened up another opportunity to get tickets. Evidently sponsors got obscene amounts of tickets. Since they can only use so many, they send the unused tickets back to FIFA ... So you put your name in for a match that "may" get tickets and hope tuckets turn up and hope they pull your name.

Long story cut short ... I just got an email today - Hubby got Cat 1 tickets to the USA v Italy match in Kaiserslautern ON HIS BIRTHDAY! The ONLY match he REALLY wanted!

I am so relieved and excited for him! Even I was doing the victory dance!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, nice one - that does sound like a good game too.

Thing is though, there's gonna be thousands of fans from all over with no tickets watching on big screens etc. It's almost as good as being in the stadium...
Marcella-FL

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. That was our secondary plan but he and his sis REALLY want to say they were IN ATTENDANCE at a game.

He went to a few when the CUP was here in the states.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I'm glad that story had a happy ending! thumbs
Marcella-FL

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

I guess that remains to be seen ... he has to get through the game without me to monitor him! His sister and he are really looking forward to all that German beer and I'll be back in Cologne with the kids on game day! Oh yeah ... it's a 9pm match ... Confused
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
Ally wrote:

I guess that remains to be seen ... he has to get through the game without me to monitor him! His sister and he are really looking forward to all that German beer and I'll be back in Cologne with the kids on game day! Oh yeah ... it's a 9pm match ... Confused

What a great birthday present for him! I'm sure he'll be pleased about it!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is setup to provide news about every team and I reckon they seem to have covered every angle ...

www.newsnow.co.uk/worldcup/?name=World+Cup

Cool
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
This site is setup to provide news about every team and I reckon they seem to have covered every angle ...

www.newsnow.co.uk/worldcup/?name=World+Cup

Cool

Awesome site Face! Thanks for letting us in on it..... I've sent it on to my dad..... I know he'd say thanks as well.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one faceless. I know where I'll be spending a lot of my time whooooohoooo clap clap
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album seems pretty good... even if it is for England!

click HERE for the torrent. Password is England2006 (case sensitive)
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Nice one faceless. I know where I'll be spending a lot of my time whooooohoooo clap clap

I had a hunch you'd be in there! I can't believe how I'm getting into it this year.... don't really know all the players very well but should find it exciting. Any bets on who's going to win the cup?

I've just now bought by Dad a german soccer jersey off of ebay so I'm hoping it comes in time for the games. I will admit that I am toying with the idea of getting this for my dog (pathetic, I know!).......
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an advertising site for Peperami. they've got this offer of winning a "fanimal" which is a daft toy shaped like a sausage that shouts abuse at you until you hit it...

go to the "Rant at the Ref" page to try and win one of the toys by shouting abuse at the ref! I reckon there must be a specific method to the game as I chose the shortest phrases and still only got a yellow card...

www.fanimal.co.uk
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I'll have to check it out Face! Get me prepared for yelling at the TV which I tend to do a lot of. I'll send it along to my dad as well....... he's gotten more than a few red cards in his day Very Happy
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAUL WHITEHOUSE WORLD CUP COMEDY

SUITS you, sir! Comedy legend Paul Whitehouse, star of The Fast Show, has turned his talents to the World Cup - recording some hilarious soundbites for mobile phones. The TV funnyman has recorded some side-splitting World Cup comments by Fast Show favourite Ron Manager as well as impressions of star England players Wayne Rooney, Steve Gerrard and Frank Lampard that you can buy as ringtones.

click these to listen to samples...

Meta bleedin tarsal
Ronaldinho
Crouch
Theo
Stevie and Frankie
One hell of a beating

--------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIO GA-GA
England songs banned by Radio 1
By Aidan McGurran

BARMY Radio 1 has banned World Cup songs that mention England - in case they upset Welsh, Scots or Irish listeners. Bands who use the E word will get the red card from the station's all-important playlist.

A Radio 1 source said: "We have been told songs that contain the word England repeatedly can't be put on the playlist because we don't want to upset anyone who isn't English. It's ridiculous."

The ruling comes despite the fact that Breakfast Show host Chris Moyles. left, will be broadcasting live from Germany throughout the World Cup. The source said: "Chris Moyles and his team will be really cranking it up for the World Cup. It just shows how hypocritical this ruling is."

England's official World Cup theme, World At Your Feet by rockers Embrace, sidesteps the ban because it does not mention England. But We Are England by indie band Ricky is off the playlist despite outselling the Embrace anthem. Ricky's singer Jim Lines, 26, said: "It's a shame if you can't support your team."

Radio 1 said: "Obviously, we have to be aware we have a national audience. But the main factor in deciding to playlist a song is musical merit."

---------------

ha, EXCELLENT! There's little worse than having jingoistic bollocks rammed down your ears when it has nothing to do with you. If the tables were turned, and Scotland were there and England weren't, would all these moaning arseholes be happy to hear an updated "We're On The March With Walter's Army" on their radios 20 or 30 times a day? Would they HELL!!!

While I'm on the subject, there has been a report made to the Commision For Racial Equality after some twat found the "Anyone But England" t-shirts that are available in Scotland to be racist! If wearing one of them makes me a racist then sign me up to the BNP and to buggery with the consequences!

The Home Secretary, Jack Straw, even made an official request that all MSPs (Scottish Parliament) show outward support for England - but thankfully, the First Minister refused. Why should we support England? That's like asking an Ingerlander to support Germany!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: