"Kitchen Nightmares" in the States

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: "Kitchen Nightmares" in the States Reply with quote

Gordon Ramsay is to make a US version of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares for the Fox network.

The new series will be virtually identical in format to the Channel 4 original, with Ramsay visiting a different restuarant in crisis each week in an attempt to turn around its fortunes.

Production will begin next month for an expected airing over the summer. Ramsay will precede the show with a third season of Hell's Kitchen - also for Fox - later this month for a spring airing on the network.

Back in the UK, Ramsay will film new series of Kitchen Nightmares and The F Word as part of his long-term deal with Channel 4.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed watching Hell's Kitchen. It continually shocks me that people would subject themselves to the abuse he slings at them. I'd not be able to last more than a minute of someone giving me that kind of grief before I hauled off and slapped them one lol

Kitchen Nightmares is okay, but I far prefer the other show because it has a good bit more action and if I watch reality shows I like to see a bit of brutality, sick as it may sound.

I'm sure the new one will be popular in the USA as I think he's quite popular there.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I really enjoyed watching Hell's Kitchen. It continually shocks me that people would subject themselves to the abuse he slings at them. I'd not be able to last more than a minute of someone giving me that kind of grief before I hauled off and slapped them one lol

I'd be the same..... I've only caught a couple of episodes of that show, and I just find him too abrasive. Apparently, at home, he and his wife have separate kitchens, because he can't stand anyone in his kitchen.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:

I'd be the same..... I've only caught a couple of episodes of that show, and I just find him too abrasive. Apparently, at home, he and his wife have separate kitchens, because he can't stand anyone in his kitchen.

Ohhh I would love my own kitchen too....

There are kitchen items we have had for a great many years, a lot of them wedding pressies that I use often & she has no idea how to use them, what they are called etc...

I have only just started to allow her to use my knives (full set of pro chef's knives), I know that sounds harsh, but my knives are very dear to me...

She's not the worst woman in the kitchen I have known but as a clue...
When she first offered me breakfast in bed (back in 94) I said either tom's on toast or cheese on toast please....
some 30 min.s or more later she came back to the bedroom in tears... asking "How do you make Toast"?
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad he doesn't make house calls.
Meta4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved his series in the UK, but I get so sick of the fast-cut editing of US reality programmes, and the whole presentational style.

If you watch Hell's Kitchen in the US, they cut out so much, and leave in so much "coming up..." fluff and "previously..." fluff, there's very little content.

Not sure if I'm making my point very well.

They also do this annoying thing of editing things that aren't concurrent to make them look concurrent.

It's a habit that's creeping in over here. "Masterchef" used to be a calm, interesting pretentious cookery programme. It needed to be modernised.

But "Masterchef Goes Large" has that same fast-editing-time-jumping thing, where if you watch, you'll see so much is shown out of order, and so much is never shown at all, being replaced by fast-cut back and forth nonsense commentary and conversation.

D'ya know what I mean? It's also a self-feeding problem: The more that style of editing and presentation is used in the UK, the lower will people's attention spans be, so the less they will watch calmer programmes.

I love food telly. But I do hate gimmicks.

Ooh yeah, the worst one is "ever wondered about food", where they have three cameras on the bloke, so you can see the side of his face as he explains about protein, then cutting to a wobbly view of him talking into another camera about slicing, while the third camera operator is on speed and whirls round just in time to catch a shot of some water. Boiling, donchaknow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: