Celebrity Big Brother discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now SAD Sad

Quite odd realy, I got this empty feeling when B B came to an end last year too...

It's one of those "do something for 21 days" & it becomes a habit...
I mean the 'hunting the show down' trying to fill spaces etc...

The watching it in bed everynight with the wife, the emails between us during the day....

All that is over now...

No more Cleo, no more Shilpa Sad

I did get myself ready for this tho'...
I have a small stash of UK TV shows to help ween me off over the next couple of nights...
We started to watch "QI" series 3 on Thursday night after C B B to get the ball rolling, I know it can't replace C B B but it's still Brit' & it's not that bad as far as shows go... (was suprised to see people on it that I used to work with a lot).

Goodbye C B B 2007, we will miss you.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
I am now SAD Sad

Quite odd realy, I got this empty feeling when B B came to an end last year too...

It's one of those "do something for 21 days" & it becomes a habit...
I mean the 'hunting the show down' trying to fill spaces etc...

The watching it in bed everynight with the wife, the emails between us during the day....

All that is over now...

No more Cleo, no more Shilpa Sad

I did get myself ready for this tho'...
I have a small stash of UK TV shows to help ween me off over the next couple of nights...
We started to watch "QI" series 3 on Thursday night after C B B to get the ball rolling, I know it can't replace C B B but it's still Brit' & it's not that bad as far as shows go... (was suprised to see people on it that I used to work with a lot).

Goodbye C B B 2007, we will miss you.

There's still The Apprentice and American Idol, although I know you're not much into that, but the AI auditions are still on for a bit so that should entertain you. There's some real nutters this series.

I always get a bit feeling odd when it's over with as well. It becomes such a daily habit and something I looked forward to each day.....well near the end. I got a bit put off because it got boring, but still all in all I'll miss watching it.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'm going through a bit of the CBB withdrawal as well.

So, how did everyone find the final result? I'm glad that Jermaine & Shilpa were the final 2, because they both contributed a great deal to the house. Jermaine was definitely a "rock", a "wise sage", etc. and demonstrated gargantuan serenity in such a crazy environment. Shilpa went through a very trying time by being the object of female jealousy and bullying, yet conducted herself with, what I found to be, an enviable elegance.

This season also had my fave BB task of all time - the Jackson 5 vs. Steps (or was it S-Club? Can't remember!). I have never enjoyed watching a reality show as much as I did on that task day -- 10 out of 10. thumbs

I'm also having withdrawals from Love-Muscle Russel Brand's "Big Mouth" (the Swine!), the aftershow on which all aftershows should be modelled! no1

Well, there's always this summer.........
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was glad that Shilpa won, too. I think after all she put up with, and then carrying on in her own inimitable fashion was simply amazing. The only thing that bothers me is something I read about her mother driving her career so that she'll earn GBP10 million over the next few years. I feel like her mother is jumping on the whole race row to make money from it. Let's hope Shilpa is as magnanimous with her good fortune as she is with her forgiveness.

thinking
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so as well, Twirls --- I think it was a well deserved win. It will be interesting to see how much her fame spreads since doing CBB.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:

I'm also having withdrawals from Love-Muscle Russel Brand's "Big Mouth" (the Swine!), the aftershow on which all aftershows should be modelled! no1

I loved Russell Brand's Big Mouth show this year. I used to never watch it, but it was brilliant this year, and I loved his dickbag stories and his pulling his trousers down and fiddling his dinkle stories...lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I loved his dickbag stories and his pulling his trousers down and fiddling his dinkle stories...lol!

I can keep you supplied with a daily (or even tri-daily) dose of dinkle stories... ;)

===================================================================

It's still rather odd in our house, we (The wife & I) have watched some great UK TV shows & a few movies (also UK stuff) but we both agree it's not the same.

Weird how a TV show can cause such feelings of loss, we chatted about it in depth & it seems that it's more the Lil' brother, C B B, Big Mouth all back to back rather than just the main show tho'....

We watched the "Secret Policemans Ball 2006" last night & saw Russel doing a bit of ranting (can't call it stand up).
Both decided that outside of Big Mouth he's fairly crap (apart from his stint on the big quizz of 2006, but he wasn't on his own then).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: