the amero ( currency for the north american union )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: the amero ( currency for the north american union ) Reply with quote

major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It strikes me as pure fancy. It would dilute the U.S. Dollar and enrich the Peso, which alone should put an end to any such speculation. Corporations benefit from the cheap Peso and take advantage of it to make products for cheap in Mexico and sell them at great profit elsewhere.

Moreover, the U.S. strives to make/keep the U.S. dollar the international standard. (eg. Oil)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced either as I don't think the details on the coins is good enough to be genuine - there are whole areas of blank area in the copper one at least, which would make forgery a lot easier
luke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm not so sure either, which is why i posted it in this section - the size doesn't look right either, it looks to big, plus the date on the coin is 2007 - can you really see a new currency being introduced before the end of the year?
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially in those denominations. Americans hate coins. This is why the dollar coin has failed twice after being introduced. Personally, I've nothing against one type of money system, I like using the Euro through different European countries. I also am one of those people who hate accumulating coins. It's driving me nuts here in Denmark. I also don't like having to weed through the coins to give exact change. ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point about the change. If the value of the "amero" penny is even less than the current penny, who in the world would carry one? They'd just end up in the bin.

I'd be happy if we had no coins worth less than $0.25.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "real" story (from Snopes)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Especially in those denominations. Americans hate coins. This is why the dollar coin has failed twice after being introduced. Personally, I've nothing against one type of money system, I like using the Euro through different European countries. I also am one of those people who hate accumulating coins. It's driving me nuts here in Denmark. I also don't like having to weed through the coins to give exact change. ;-)

Twice? More than that. We had the Susan B. Anthony dollar and we've had the Silver Morgan as well.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else heard anything on it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: