Woman convinces herself she's French!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Woman convinces herself she's French! Reply with quote

Stressed woman thought she was French

A Bath woman convinced herself she was French after she developed a rare disorder. Louise Clarke, 30, a recruitment consultant, spoke only in French for weeks, according to the Sun. She demanded croissants, rang her pals to tell them she was living in Paris and even invited them over.

Louise said: "It might sound funny to others, but suddenly thinking you are French is terrifying." She had been in France four years before becoming one of only four people in Britain, and 200 in the world, to be diagnosed with Susac's syndrome.

The brain disorder, which can be brought on by stress, is thought to affect blood vessels leading to the brain, ears and eyes and can scramble memories. Louise is now controlling it with steroids and other medication and has been told it can last up to five years.

She said: "It was a really tough time for my family. At one point my sister discovered I had phoned all my friends and told them to come and visit me in Paris. She had to ring them all back to explain what had happened."

------------------

Zut alors!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Woman convinces herself she's French! Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Stressed woman thought she was French

A Bath woman convinced herself she was French after she developed a rare disorder. Louise Clarke, 30, a recruitment consultant, spoke only in French for weeks, according to the Sun. She demanded croissants, rang her pals to tell them she was living in Paris and even invited them over.

Louise said: "It might sound funny to others, but suddenly thinking you are French is terrifying." She had been in France four years before becoming one of only four people in Britain, and 200 in the world, to be diagnosed with Susac's syndrome.

The brain disorder, which can be brought on by stress, is thought to affect blood vessels leading to the brain, ears and eyes and can scramble memories. Louise is now controlling it with steroids and other medication and has been told it can last up to five years.

She said: "It was a really tough time for my family. At one point my sister discovered I had phoned all my friends and told them to come and visit me in Paris. She had to ring them all back to explain what had happened."

------------------

Zut alors!

Mon dieu! I've heard of these things happening but never actually seen a case of it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this on Bob and Tom this morning and was just laughing. It really is sad though. I've never dealt with any cases like this but I've met people who have had a few.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand just how this poor woman feels. I know I'm Jamaican but people insist on telling me I'm irish. It can be a very frustrating way to live.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I understand just how this poor woman feels. I know I'm Jamaican but people insist on telling me I'm irish. It can be a very frustrating way to live.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh! You da sunshine lady! My and my just love you!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

dancer dancer dancer dancer

Yeah Mon!!!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh! You da sunshine lady! My and my just love you!

I be doondoos bwoy but jam-down tru n tru lol
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I be doondoos bwoy but jam-down tru n tru lol

Laughing victory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: