Serial killer in Suffolk?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Serial killer in Suffolk? Reply with quote

RIPPER: BODY NO3 IS FOUND
'Prostitute' dead in woods
By Aidan Mcgurran

A THIRD body was found yesterday as fears grew that a serial killer hunting prostitutes is on the loose. The new victim is thought to be a known hooker in her late teens or early 20s. She was found by a woman walking her dog close to a public school seven miles from the stream in which Gemma Adams, 25, and Tania Nicol, 19, were discovered.

The third body was in a copse four miles from Ipswich at Nacton, Suffolk. Gemma and Tania both disappeared from the red light district in Ipswich, where last night girls still working the streets told of their fear of a "weirdo" they called "Uncle". As police cordoned off the area around posh Amberfield School, parish council chairman Richard Peel said the news was "a very sad way" to put Nacton on the map.

Prostitutes working in the red light district where two murdered vice girls were picked up have told of their fears of a man called "Uncle". The killing of Gemma Adams, 25, and Tania Nicol, 19, had left girls still walking the streets afraid that a serial killer was on the loose. And last night's news that a third woman had been found dead in the area - also believed to be a vice girl - heightened their terror.

One prostitute said she and some other girls had become increasingly worried about "Uncle". Debbie, 25, said: "He is supposedly a Christian at a church who often associates with the girls. He says he believes in God and likes to give girls a Christian talk. I think he is a bit of a weirdo and gets a bit of a kick from it. He doesn't want to do business. He just likes driving us around to score drugs." She added: "Whoever is doing this will be on some twisted mission to clean up the streets."

Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe started killing after hearing voices telling him it was God's work. Gemma and Tania worked in the Portman Road red light area in Ipswich, Suffolk, close to the town's football ground. Only four girls were touting for business on the streets in the early hours over the weekend. Usually there are around 15. One admitted: "We're frightened. We think the killer will strike again. I will not relax until the killer is caught - but I can't stop working. I'm homeless and have to pay for my heroin and crack habit which costs ?250 to ?300 a day."

Gemma was last seen alive at 1.15am on November 15. Her naked body was found on December 2 in Belstead Brook at Thorpe's Hill, Hintlesham, seven miles from Ipswich. Tania disappeared on October 31. Her naked body was found last Friday two miles from Gemma's in the stream at Copdock Mill. Postmortems failed to reveal how they died. Suffolk Police said yesterday neither had been sexually assaulted or had any obvious injury.

Det Chief Insp John Quinton said: "There are striking similarities to the murders of Tania and Gemma. They were acquaintances who worked as prostitutes, disappeared from the same area and were found dead in the same stream. We're treating the cases as linked and believe the same person or persons might be responsible."

A bouquet was yesterday left on a bridge over the river at Copdock in tribute to Tania. A message said: "Dear Tania, God Bless and sleep well sweetheart. With lots of love from Amy and Holly's Nana and Grandad." Gemma's middle-class parents revealed that as a girl their daughter played the piano, was in the Brownies, loved horse riding and loved her dog Holly. But she descended into heroin and crack cocaine addiction in her early 20s and was sacked from her insurance company job.

----------------

I don't like the way they're calling this person "ripper", firstly because it's just sensationalising it, and second because there's no actual evidence of how they died... it probably is some religious maniac though.
cat21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANd all the 'serial killer' media attention is gonna feed the animal Sad
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cat21 wrote:

I hope this is not the case m8 Sad

I see ya' point, but don't the cops have control over when / if this kind of thing hits the papers...

Sometimes, when all the avenues / bases have been explored / covered, the cops open up some info to the papers as it not only puts the public on alert, but it also quite often ends with a lot of helpful info to flood in.

Seems a bit silly that the street walkers are still out & about with all this going on.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cat21 wrote:

Have you ever seen the tv show Criminal Minds? A lot of times, they used the media this way and plant information to lead the person to do something that they want (not kill, but make a mistake, etc.) Maybe that's what's happening.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was just a newsflash saying that police have found another 2 bodies in the area. I hope they can catch this guy before he gets total confidence and starts moving around.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
there was just a newsflash saying that police have found another 2 bodies in the area. I hope they can catch this guy before he gets total confidence and starts moving around.

Jaysus that's horrible. I hope they find the psycho bastard real soon. He's probably trying to get in as many kills as he can before the hols since he might not be able to get out to do many if he has a family and all that.

I'm sure the press is pumping up his ego calling him he ripper. It seems these maniacs love having their names in the news. They should keep it tightly under wraps and focus on catching this prick before he does anymore harm to innocent people.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed on the news and in most papers that they're describing the victims simply as prostitutes and it's really starting to annoy me because while they were sex workers, they were people first. The implication is that it's not as bad because they were so down on their luck...

I used to live downstairs from a girl who worked the streets and who was murdered about 10 years ago. When I knew her she was pretty cool, just messed up in the head and desperate, so I can't be arsed with this (implicit) moralising on the part of much of the media.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I've noticed on the news and in most papers that they're describing the victims simply as prostitutes and it's really starting to annoy me because while they were sex workers, they were people first. The implication is that it's not as bad because they were so down on their luck...

I used to live downstairs from a girl who worked the streets and who was murdered about 10 years ago. When I knew her she was pretty cool, just messed up in the head and desperate, so I can't be arsed with this (implicit) moralising on the part of much of the media.

It shouldn't matter what your occupation is, to be murdered is horrendous and that's that.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father-in-law works in Ipswich. I was talking to him last night and he says the feeling there is pretty grim. A lot of people who live in the area are very upset and the police have told people to stay inside.

It really is just terrible. For the poor women who have been killed and then for the rest of the community that is being scared. I hope they catch who ever is doing this soon.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the chances that the recent 'Jack The Ripper' expose on TV & in other media might have just tipped some nutter over the edge into doing this rather than just having the odd fantasy about it...?

I too deplore the lack of respect these girls/women are getting because of their chosen profession (or way they get ahead).

Some people in the media like to be ultra hard edge with their morals when discussing this kind of thing, yet have no bl00dy morals themselves.

You don't see any "it's just another dictator" type thing as you do "just another prostitute"...

Everybody that takes a breath in life deserves dignity in death, no matter who or what they are or were...

I feel sorry for these girls/women & their families...
It's worsened due to the 'Season' we are in too....

Lets hope that a few families xmas's are made a lot happier by some news... like maybe "We got the bastard".
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the British Comedy Awards tonight and after they overran on ITV1 they did a few more awards straight after on ITV2, with the first one up being presented by Oliver Stone...

He got a brilliant reception when he arrived onstage, but it went downhill quickly when he made a really crass joke about this serial killer case.

What an ignorant arse.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really a stupid thing to say. There's not a thing remotely humerous about it at all angry
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just not funny and in very poor taste. Sad
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the fascist media. They take something like this and just to sell papers or a news stories, will go way out in left field with it.
I also agree about them getting off the "Prositute" angle and realizing that they were human beings.
fritz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Skylace vary insensitive and in poor taste Crying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: