Corrie: The Connors - Yea or Nay
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulwestside

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Corrie: The Connors - Yea or Nay Reply with quote

With the intro on Friday of Paul 's wife Carla, the producers have rounded out the Connor clan. Am curious what everyone thinks of this newest addition to the Street.

I thought that the character of Carla did not ring true - will be curious to see where the writers go with her.

I like Sean Gallagher who plays Paul (he was brilliant in the John Hannah starrer New Street Law as a sectioned patient fighting for his rights).

While Liam is nice on the eyes, am unsure if his character has staying power (just a hunch, but I could see a romance developing with Sally Webster of all people).

Michelle certainly has the requisite feistiness for a Rover's barmaid - wondering why it is taking so long for her and Steve to get together, and split, and reunite, etc....

Cheers
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she can be as wrong as she likes!

Laughing
Twirley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face - you're one for the ladies, aren't ya?

Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really like Liam. I like everything about him, and he's real eye candy. I wanna see him get into a nice romance with a nice Coronation Street girl. Is there such a thing? lol

I don't care to much for Paula and I don't like Carla yet. I didn't like her from first go, but maybe I'll like her later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cori

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam can stay thumbs
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cori wrote:
Liam can stay thumbs

I'm with you there, cori! I think I like his cheekiness. And what was it Kelly said in the factory the other night - he's stacked!! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a spoiler about 'Liam'

Hidden: 
Coronation Street Whodunnit - Who kills Liam Connor?
July 7, 2008

Coronation Street’s Rob James-Collier who plays Liam Connor has decided to quit the show. The former knicker factory boss will be killed off in a sensational story line later this year. Liam has been a familiar face on the street for the last 2 years. Having overheard a conversation about Underworld, he and his brother stumped up cash and bought out Adam Barlow. There was a bit of a struggle between him and Danny Baldwin, which is how Liam found himself on the street.

Rob has decided to quit Coronation Street for fear of being typecast as just another hunk, after he won the ‘Sexiest Male’ for the last two years at the British Soap Awards. He is to be murdered in a brutal attack in the Autumn. But who is up to doing the evil deed? Online bookmakers Paddy Power have made up their own minds and are offering bets on who the murderer will be.

In the top spot as prime suspect is Tony Gordon. We have already seen that he’ll do anything to get his way, and with Carla thrown into the mix, will that be enough of a motive to murder Liam? If you think that Tony Gordon will kill Liam Connor then you can get odds of 1/2 with Paddy Power.

We then turn to the women in Liam’s life, firstly Carla who is second on the list at 7/2 and Maria third at 6/1 from Paddy Power.

There are 15 possible suspects on the list, with Roy Cropper and Emily Bishop available with odds of 250/1, making them the least likely to kill Liam. The full list is printed below.

* Tony Gordon 1 - 2
* Carla Connor 7 - 2
* Maria Sutherland 6 - 1
* Kirk Sutherland 14 - 1
* Michelle Connor 20 - 1
* Paul Clayton 22 - 1
* David Platt 25 - 1
* Leanne Battersby 33 - 1
* Rosie Webster 33 - 1
* Ryan Connor 40 - 1
* Kevin Webster 40 - 1
* Audrey Roberts 50 - 1
* Blanche Hunt 100 - 1
* Emily Bishop 250 - 1
* Roy Cropper 250 - 1

---------------

It's got to be worth a tenner on Blanche!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison King is getting into playing Coronation Street's nasty knicker boss
Jul 13 2008
By Steve Hendry

Alison King can bring grown men to their knees as Coronation Street's superbitch Carla Connor. After burying her husband, she bedded his brother Liam (Rob James Collier) and has now settled with a ruthless businessman. But while Carla takes no prisoners, being nasty doesn't come easy to the 35-year-old actress.

She said: "I was uncomfortable playing a constant bitch at first. I'm getting into it now but I'm not as nasty or as cocky as Carla. She's bloody horrible to anyone she perceives to be a rival. I couldn't be like that. It is quite funny, though. I've got this hard glare I keep giving Rob but it puts him off his lines. He says he can't do them because I'm being horrible to him."

Life on Coronation Street hasn't turned out anything like Alison imagined since she arrived on the cobbles in December 2006 as wife of factory boss Paul Connor. She unexpectedly became a widow when the actor who played Paul, Rock Rivals star Sean Gallagher, decided soap wasn't for him. It could have spelled the end of her stay in Weatherfield but fortunately the actress had been around the Block - Lynda Block, that is, her character in Sky One's now defunct soap Dream Team - and learned to go with the flow.

She said: "Sean's departure was a shock but I'd been in the business for 10 years and you learn to write these things off as being out of your hands. I didn't expect to stay and I didn't expect to go. All you can do is try your hardest to knock the socks off with the storylines you get given. I've learned that you are only as interesting as your storyline so you have to give the writers and producers something to do and show you can do different things. I ended up with a great storyline out of it so it can work in your favour."

Alison has found herself at the heart of the show as Carla chased her former brother-in-law Liam for more than just a shoulder to cry on. She failed to get her man - who married hairdresser Maria Sutherland (Samia Smith) but the story is not over by a long shot and will end in tears later this year. Collier has announced his departure and there are rumours he will be killed off in a sensational storyline. Everybody is staying tight-lipped but you can be sure Carla will be at the heart of it.

She will miss her co-star. The pair have enjoyed a sparkling on-screen relationship - especially since Collier was named Sexiest Male at this year's British Soap Awards. She said: "Bless him, he gets so much stick about that, he probably wishes he hadn't won. None of this was planned but that's the mystery of on-screen chemistry. If you have that, things just happen. The writers and producers saw it and they just milked it a little bit. And he's not a minger, is he? Ha, ha. I really enjoyed working with Sean and it was horrible when he left and it is going to be the same with Rob. I suppose, eventually, I'll get my own storyline - then get written out! It's swings and roundabouts."

Alison is hoping that is some way off. After 10 years in London, she's settled well in Manchester with boyfriend, sound technician Adam Huckett. But while she is enjoying the stability of Coronation Street, part of her misses the life of a jobbing actress, which saw her pop up in everything from Doctors, Holby City and Auf Wiedersehen, Pet to the Daz 'Cleaner Close' adverts. Then there's her film career, which includes Shanghai Knights with Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson.

She joked: "I only had a cough and spit role as a prostitute but they put my bit in the advert the last time it was on TV so I got 'oh, working with Owen Wilson are you?' I got a lot of ribbing about being the whore in Shanghai Knights. You get addicted to being a jobbing actress. It's nice to jet off to Luxembourg, Bulgaria or Romania - places you wouldn't normally go to - and suddenly find yourself there for nine weeks."

"I'm not majorly ambitious but I've always got by fine. My attitude is if something happens it's a nice surprise but I don't go all out to get stuff. "I'm not that good at networking. I usually get the next film because it worked well on the film before, so I'm doing something right. I've done seven or eight films now. Half of them were silly action films but I love the versatility of it, that I've been kickboxing in Berlin, filming with Steven Seagal in Bulgaria or talking about being a jobbing actor with Owen Wilson. He didn't get what it was - I said, 'you'll probably never know, babe!'"

Alison revels in a quiet life, which is in complete contrast to Carla, who is engaged to crooked builder Tony Gordon - played by former River City star Gray O'Brien - with one eye and all her claws firmly on married Liam. It's only going to end badly and Alison's own advice would be to boot them both into touch. She said: "She doesn't love Tony as much as he loves her but knowing Carla she'll end up falling for him and get really hurt in the end. As for Liam...I couldn't do with the worry myself. It would kill me every day waking up thinking about it. If somebody loves you they will come back to you. Personally, I would have to let both of them go. She doesn't love Tony as much as he loves her... but knowing Carla she'll fall for him and get hurt "
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks Corrie is going to get exciting over the next six months. Sorry to see Liam go though. I think I'll feel sorry for Maria...!
birdgirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Methinks Corrie is going to get exciting over the next six months. Sorry to see Liam go though. I think I'll feel sorry for Maria...!
So who is the next heart throb? shhh
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another spoiler...

Hidden: 

Liam Connor takes his last steps before being murdered by Tony Gordon
15th September 2008

It could be any other night on Coronation Street as Liam Connor heads home from a night out. But little does he know these are his final steps and just minutes later he will be murdered in cold blood. He is unaware arch nemesis Tony Gordon is watching him and is about to exact his revenge.

Evil factory owner Tony uses his stag night as a chance to murder love rival Liam, played by Rob James-Collier. The street badboy, played by Gray O'Brien, discovered his fianceé Carla (Alison King) had spent the night with her brother-in-law Liam. His mind turned to murder when he saw pictures of the pair together on Rosie Webster's mobile phone and the evil businessman decided to get rid of Liam once and for all.

-------------

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and more spoiler action

Hidden: 
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Hell - I had no idea....
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnnnnnoooooooooooooo...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bummer. :-(
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: