Tom Cruise's wedding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Tom Cruise's wedding Reply with quote

Who actually gives a toss about this muppet getting married? I really can't understand why the main news features covers his antics.

If he wants to get married, fair-dos, but he's only a mediocre actor with no great personal skill - so what's the big deal? It's not like he appeals to people's souls is it? If he was a pizza (!!) he'd be a bland, frozen, cheese and tomato pizza bought from a supermarket compared to a stone-baked work of art bought from your local Italian restaurant.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Cruise's wedding Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Who actually gives a toss about this muppet getting married? I really can't understand why the main news features covers his antics.

If he wants to get married, fair-dos, but he's only a mediocre actor with no great personal skill - so what's the big deal? It's not like he appeals to people's souls is it? If he was a pizza (!!) he'd be a bland, frozen, cheese and tomato pizza bought from a supermarket compared to a stone-baked work of art bought from your local Italian restaurant.

Excellent pizza metaphor! Top Rate! LOL!! Laughing Laughing thumbs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Cruise's wedding Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
faceless wrote:

Excellent pizza metaphor! Top Rate! LOL!! Laughing Laughing thumbs

I agree Pirty! And it's true too. I see no reason for people to be interested in him.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really only like to see who's wearing what at these kinds of events.... couldn't give a rats ass about the actual wedding.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon the interest is purely commercial -- when on the front page, Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes SELL newspapers & magazines.

I won't spend the money to buy any printed media. However, I will admit that if I see it at the doctor's office or hair salon, I probably will have a flip-through to see what the hoopla is all about. Embarassed
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
I reckon the interest is purely commercial -- when on the front page, Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes SELL newspapers & magazines.

I won't spend the money to buy any printed media. However, I will admit that if I see it at the doctor's office or hair salon, I probably will have a flip-through to see what the hoopla is all about. Embarassed

Don't be ashamed. When it comes to those things I'm like eefan, I flip through them to see who is wearing what and has their hair done how. thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'd like to see or hear about is Tom Cruise having a fit at some reporter that might sneak in. I'd like to see him take a swat at them and get his arse kicked. Other than that, it's a complete bore.

The problem is, too many people out there have this hero worship for actors and it all has to do with how much money they have. Some are under the misconception that money makes some better than others and it's total rubbish. These misguided people need to remember the simple fact they're just like anyone else. They eat, shit, sleep and all the other things the rest of us humans do, and just because their bank account is a good bit healthier doesn't make them anything better. It usually makes them worse because they're so far up themselves they can't see reality.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the whole thing isn't even legal.... can't be married in a Catholic ceremony because he's divorced and apparently the Scientology part isn't really legal.

Who knows! I have bigger worries. Laughing

(but I will say, that baby of theirs is pretty cute!)
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I heard the whole thing isn't even legal.... can't be married in a Catholic ceremony because he's divorced and apparently the Scientology part isn't really legal.

Who knows! I have bigger worries. Laughing

(but I will say, that baby of theirs is pretty cute!)

Well, that makes it convenient should Tom decide to divorce Katie at the 11th hour, like he did to Nicole Kidman.

The whole courtship/baby/marriage seems like a complete Hollywood production to me anyway and I feel for Katie Holmes' family -- seems like a young lady was just swept away by the wealthy, overbearing, older "movie star" Tom Cruise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: