Turkey day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Turkey day Reply with quote

I know we all don't celebrate Thanksgiving (at least not at the same time of year) but what are your plans for this Thanksgiving? And for our Canadian friends, what did you do this year?

We are staying in town and having a big meal at my sisters. We have to split the times up a bit weird because my niece and nephew spend part of it with their dad and my brother-in-law's kids spend part of it with their mom. It gets a bit crazy but it's fun! agree
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to Florida to see my wonderful father. What more could I ask for?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lucky for your Pirty! I also think he is a lucky one getting to see his lovely daughter!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:

Make sure you give him a big fat hug from ole irish here awwwww Your dad is an angel Smile

Then tell him to give you a big fat hug from me as well! agree
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Turkey day Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I know we all don't celebrate Thanksgiving (at least not at the same time of year) but what are your plans for this Thanksgiving? And for our Canadian friends, what did you do this year?

We are staying in town and having a big meal at my sisters. We have to split the times up a bit weird because my niece and nephew spend part of it with their dad and my brother-in-law's kids spend part of it with their mom. It gets a bit crazy but it's fun! agree

Skylace pointr
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Turkey day Reply with quote

Quote:
Skylace pointr

LOL! Good one!

@Pirty---- have a wonderful visit with your father--- I'm sure it must be hard not seeing him all the time.

I was sicker than a dog on Thanksgiving so didn't do the whole dinner thing, but everyone else got together. It often falls on my Dad's birthday so that makes it a little special (although he will swear the holiday was created to give thanks for his birth!)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Turkey day Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:

Skylace pointr

Laughing All you need is the drool and it's a mirror image!
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the in-laws down, so I'm going to do a cross between an American Thanksgiving and a British Christmas dinner - should be fun. dancer

No doubt mommy-in-law will try to take over the kitchen, but I'm not going to let her!! Laughing
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:

Where in Florida is he? (County will do)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Turkey day Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Quote:
Skylace pointr

LOL! Good one!

@Pirty---- have a wonderful visit with your father--- I'm sure it must be hard not seeing him all the time.

I was sicker than a dog on Thanksgiving so didn't do the whole dinner thing, but everyone else got together. It often falls on my Dad's birthday so that makes it a little special (although he will swear the holiday was created to give thanks for his birth!)

Sorry you were sick on Thanskgiving. That's never any fun. I had one Thanksgiving were I had problems with my wisdom teeth coming in and all I could eat was the mashed potatoes!

LOL@your dad! That is so neat it falls close to his birthday and gives you all a reason to be all the more thankful!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Highlands
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words and greetings for my father. He's a good old bugger... :-)
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pirtybirdy"]
Marcella-FL wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Highlands[/quote

A few hours from me in Pinellas! Have fun it is chilly here this week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: