world pool championships

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: world pool championships Reply with quote

any one watching the pool on sky I would really love to see Steve Davis win but should be a great game with Fabio Petroni tonight
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get Sky Sports, but I do enjoy watching the pool when it's on. Snooker's ok, but knowing that you rarely get more one chance on the pool table with pro players really adds spice.

I was actually surprised to find out that Steve Davis played it, though maybe it's easier on the legs now that he's getting a bit older!
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won the match and without much sleep lets hope he gets some before the next round. thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's one thing I've never got into watching, but only because I can't play worth a shite and it frustrates the hell out of me.

Anytime I have tried, I end up poking the person I'm playing in the arse with the cue so they play as crap as me Laughing
Griffo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefere to play Pool (because it's easier). But i prefere to watch Snooker. As soon as a professional gets on the Pool table, they just clear up and pot every single ball from the break, so i've never got into it on TV.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:
I prefere to play Pool (because it's easier). But i prefere to watch Snooker. As soon as a professional gets on the Pool table, they just clear up and pot every single ball from the break, so i've never got into it on TV.

that's the thing about pool on pro-level though, they can't make a single mistake. In snooker, you might get away with one or two.

There's a place near me with 10ft pool tables and it's no laughing matter there - the bastards, not that I'm bitter about being beaten at all.. haha
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like I have started a debate here which I won't get into because I actually play both snooker and pool although I don't play that much 9 ball which by the way is the tournament which is going on at the moment, I get the impression most of you assume its 8 ball.
Griffo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really played Snooker much. Mainly due to the fact i've never been all that tall Laughing Embarassed
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:
I've never really played Snooker much. Mainly due to the fact i've never been all that tall Laughing Embarassed

awwwww goofy
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Potter wrote:
looks like I have started a debate here which I won't get into because I actually play both snooker and pool although I don't play that much 9 ball which by the way is the tournament which is going on at the moment, I get the impression most of you assume its 8 ball.

Looks like you need to explain it then. I only play pool when I've had a lot of beer inside me. 8 balls, 9 balls, I thought there were 16 including the white!!!!!!!!! Confused
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for not posting sooner had issues with ISP

basically 8 ball (of which they are various rules) is 7 balls of one group usually reds or spots and 7 balls of another group usually yellows or stripes and a black ball which is the eighth and final ball you pot to win the game after potting all of the balls in your group first.

9 ball is different you don't have groups but 9 ball numbered 1 to 9 and you pot the ball in order with the 9 ball being last you can however pot any ball on the table as long as you hit the lowest valued ball first so it is possible to pot the 9 ball from the break and win the game in one shot this is called a golden break and I have only ever done it twice the first time being my first ever shot at nine ball which was not my first game cos my mate did a golden break while i was still getting my cue out of my case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: