EE: a new face coming to the Square- Janes' mum (spoiler)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: EE: a new face coming to the Square- Janes' mum (spoiler) Reply with quote

Yet another big name has been linked to an appearance in BBC One soap EastEnders, and this time it's veteran actress Lynda Baron.

She's set to pop up in Albert Square, playing Jane Collins' (Laurie Brett) mum Linda.

A spokesperson for the soap told Digital Spy: "Linda turns up to help with the wedding preparation but will she approve of her daughter's choice of man? - Expect fireworks."

Baron has been a firm favourite with viewers, thanks to the oft-repeated comedy Open All Hours, in which she played the buxom Nurse Gladys Emmanuel.

Although the flame-haired star is best known for that role, which saw her constantly fending off the attentions of grasping shopkeeper Awrkwright (Ronnie Barker), she has many more strings to her bow.

Before she landed the iconic nurse's role, Baron had popped up in Coronation Street twice, in the 1960s and again 30 years later.

On the small screen, Baron's credits include Up Pompeii, Z Cars, Doctor Who, Last of the Summer Wine and The Mrs Bradley Mysteries.

She's also kept her comedy touch, thanks to a string of appearances in shows such as Paul Merton in Galton and Simpson's? and Dinnerladies.

Her film career boasts the likes of Yentl and John Malkovich vehicle Colour Me Kubrick: A True...ish Story.

Most recently, the star has landed plum roles in the BBC One drama Down to Earth and epic historical series Rome.

Published 27 October 2006

--------------------------------------------------------
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. I am surprised she never really mentioneed h her mother before.
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't she the bird who used to do the Bisto adverts?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:
Isn't she the bird who used to do the Bisto adverts?

that was Linda Bellingham I think

If I remember right Lynda Baron was the nurse in Open All Hours (with Ronnie Barker)
(quick search)

and I was right!

dancer etc

*edit: I just read the whole post and saw that it mentioned that anyway... ahem, move along...nothing to see here!
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done Face... I remeber now!! thumbs
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I am surprised she never really mentioneed h her mother before.

I have a hunch that they never really intended for Jane to be a long-term character, but with so many others leaving, they're starting to expand her role....... anyway, just my 2 cents worth (or make that 2p!)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

I have a hunch that they never really intended for Jane to be a long-term character, but with so many others leaving, they're starting to expand her role....... anyway, just my 2 cents worth (or make that 2p!)

That's probably very true. Maybe they had a stormy relationship or aren't that close?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: