Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILL I GO BARMY?
7 January 2007
CELEB BB: OUR GIRL INSIDE

BY the time you read this I will have been in the Big Brother house for four days. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about it last week, but I was sworn to secrecy and there was a chance that if I'd blabbed (which I sooooo wanted to) they wouldn't have let me in - and I wouldn't have been able to report back to you and tell you the truth about life on the "inside". Why I am doing this? Lots of reasons. But I won't be a hypocrite and say the shed-load of money they offered me wasn't a contributory factor in my decision to take part. And God knows it may be a decision I live to regret. But as regular readers of my column may know, I have given Big Brother a bit of a bad press in the past. I have criticised the whole ethos of the "reality" thing and, as a journalist, going in was just too good an opportunity to miss.

I want to see what it's really like. I want to see what happens to people when they're held captive and removed from everything that's familiar. I hesitate to say that I want to test myself, because I'm scared that I will fail the test miserably and discover that whatever I thought I was - I'm not. In fact, I was so nervous about the whole thing that I didn't sleep for five days before I went in. I kept asking myself what the hell I was doing agreeing to participate in a show where I wouldn't see the people I love for three weeks (well, less in my case as I'll obviously be voted out first). Where I wouldn't be allowed to have a pen or pencil, read a book or a magazine, where I would have no contact with the outside world - no phones, no computers, no radio, no newspapers.

Every night when I tried to sleep my eyes refused to close thinking of the horrors that awaited me. I suffered from a mixture of fear and anger. How dare Big Brother bosses deny me information from the outside world? How dare they tell me I couldn't read a book or use a pen? I'll admit it. I was scared. I'd heard lots of rumours about who was going to be in the house with me - and if they turned out to include former Miss Great Britain Danielle Lloyd I made a mental note not to stand too close to her too often or I would look 10 years older than I already do! (I also realised I could be the "old bird" in this series). By the time you read this all will have become clear unlike, I suspect, my mental state - which is what worries me the most.

Will I be able to hold it together? Will I go a bit barmy like Vanessa Feltz did a few series ago when boredom and frustration drove her to start writing furiously on the dining table. Will I be able to cope eating and sleeping and living 24/7 with a whole load of strangers? Will I get drunk and make a complete fool of myself? Will I stay sober and make an even bigger fool of myself? Will I sob and weep and look like a crazy person (aka Sophie Anderton on Celebrity Love Island).

Will I destroy any shred of dignity or credibility I might have gained these last 20 odd years? All this was whirring around in my head as I was trying to go to sleep and popping herbal calming pills. But the fear aside, I suppose what I really hope is that I learn something from all this. I hope to forge new friendships, to learn about myself and other people. I want to learn how to tolerate other people who in the REAL world, I might not do quite so readily. But most of all what I really want to do is have a fantastic time. I want to enjoy the adventure and come out of it glad that I went into it. And I hope that when I'm in there I can depend on your support.

You've always given it so freely in the past and I'm asking you for it again because I'm sure by now you will have seen that I'm in desperate need of it. So toodle pip for now. I'll talk to you all again in a couple of weeks when I will have all the gossip for you - that is, of course, unless I've been carted off to The Priory in the meantime.

Love, Carole XXX

----------------------

She's got some nerve claiming to have had credibility before... She slagged Galloway and every other celebrity for appearing on last year's CBB, yet here she is doing the same thing!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOO SOON TO BE SO JADED
7 January 2007

THREE words sprang to mind as the increasingly unhinged Davina McCall kept making unfunny jokes about Jade Goody's one-armed lesbian mother and her unpleasant voice. Pot, kettle and black. Strutting around shouting and twitching in her weird wicked witch outfits, Foghorn McCall appears to be cracking up. Before the 11 allegedly famous contestants made their rain-lashed entrance, ranting Davina's 10-minute tour of the house was breathtakingly tedious. She's clearly developed Tourette's Syndrome for the word "celebrity" - screaming it every four seconds. "Here are the little moulded seats for their CELEBRITY bottoms," she said. "Here's the first ever double bed! Can you imagine being a CELEBRITY waking up next to a CELEBRITY you don't even know?"

Yes - if you're talking about this gaggle of nonentities. And will anyone ever tell "mad" McCall she's not a comedienne? Does she actually think she's making us laugh with her nonstop stream of inanities? "Jade and her family have been in hiding" she bellowed just before the Goody gang shuffled into the house, much to the obvious disgust of Bollywood bore Shilpa Shetty. And the bemusement of pensioner Ken Russell. Jade and her frightful family should have stayed in hiding. Sadly, they didn't. But now she's a fully-fledged contender, South London's style queen must be the runaway favourite to win.

It's certainly not going to be Jermaine Jackson. Obsessed with the weird way he looks, this guy's Michael's brother all right. And what kind of a freak has his relatives' names embroidered on his trousers? "Michael will be watching," he lied. "Ooh," screamed Davina, "Michael Jackson's watching!" Wow -that's something to boast about! But the main problem with jerk Jermaine is he's simply not interesting. Along with most of his fellow housemates. "I hate the Press," said S Club 7 relic Jo O'Meara as she realised that my pal and fellow Sunday Mirror columnist Carole Malone looked set to liven things up. That, Jo, is because you don't get any Press. "How many films have you made," Carole asked Shilpa - who soon claimed the Michael Barrymore award as Celebrity Big Brother 2007's first obscure weeper. I think the answer was 52. Or was it 47?

Anyway, forget the rubbish ruse of parachuting in the surgically-improved Jackiey Budden, fake-boobs Jade and her handsome-but-thick boyfriend Jack Tweedy. The show's big problem now is how to keep viewers awake after losing the undoubted star of the greatest Big Brother curtain-raiser of all time - drunken Donny Tourette. Never mind that the swaggering Towers Of London singer became the mild man of rock once he'd sobered up - they could always have given him more booze.

"You're Dirk fucking Benedict," spat Donny upon meeting the A-Team veteran. Quick as flash Dirk replied, "Yes, but I don't usually use my middle name." "I'm a front man," Mr Tourette snarled at startled Jermaine, "Like your fucking brother!" Deranged Donny then dived into the jacuzzi fully clothed and ruined his microphone. Now he's been tragically kicked out for trying to escape, it's left to self-styled livewire Cleo Rocos to entertain us. But Mrs Whiplash isn't up to the job.

Fascinating to learn "Carry On" Cleo is 44. She must have landed her "hilarious" role in the Kenny Everett Show at the age of 12. As for the other runners, Leo Sayer complained people are always asking him to sing. I have a different request Leo: Will you just shut up! And, freshly out of the closet, let us not forget former Steps warbler Ian "H" Watkins. Now we know what the "H" stands for. Homosexual. "I'm proud of who I am," he boasted. Why? Last, but certainly least, is my personal favourite, Teddy Sheringham's WAG lover, dozy Danielle Lloyd - the deposed Miss Great Britain who I believe might be from Liverpool. "Is Teddy here tonight?" inquired Davina as the Celebrity Big Brother roller-coaster opened for business. "No," said Danielle, "He's at home."

Who said the age of romance was dead?

-------------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell walks out of Big Brother
Film director Ken Russell has become the second celebrity to leave the Big Brother house in just two days. He decided to walk out of the Channel 4 show after a row with Jade Goody, who arrived in the house with her boyfriend and mother on Friday night. Russell, 79, said some of the surprises were "a little too much to take" and called himself a "fuddy duddy".

The cause of the argument between Goody and Russell was the servant task set by the show, in which eight celebrities were told they had to wait on Goody, her family, and three other contestants - including Russell. A row broke out in which Goody took a verbal swipe at the veteran film-maker for helping himself to food, instead of getting a "servant" to give it to him. The pair called a truce soon after the argument, but he still decided to quit the Channel 4 show. He had already threatened to quit this morning after a run-in with Goody's mum Jackiey.

Housemates were told of Russell's departure earlier today, when journalist, Carole Malone was handed a laminate revealing his exit. Malone said: "He was a lovely old man, I shall miss him." Russell is the oldest contestant to take part in Big Brother so far. He made a grand entrance by singing to the cheering crowds outside the house when the show began on Wednesday. He became well known for making controversial films such as Women in Love and The Devils.

-----------------

HUMBUG!!!

crazed
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

TOO SOON TO BE SO JADED
7 January 2007

I think O'Sullivan is an arse. There's nothing wrong with Jackson at all. He seems a pretty good person, and Davina is just doing her job.

I notice the wank went on about all the good people and hardly a mention about that annoying psychopath Leo. THAT alone makes him not even worth my time.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUV & HATE
Donny Tourette

RIGHT you lot. Piss off Eva and Caroline. Today it's my turn to edit the world's best showbiz column. I've kicked the girls off the page for the day to give you the lowdown - rock and roll style. I spent an hour or two in the office, before taking the girls down the pub where I talked about the BB House, that Jade munter, Pete Doherty and my fav bands. So settle back and enjoy (preferable with a fucking large drink).

IT'S about time someone put those Arctic Monkeys fucking wankers in their place - and while I'm at 3am it might as well be me. In fact I brought in my hit-list with me as I came to meet the lovely Eva and Caroline at the 3am headquarters in London for a glass of champagne or six. So top of my list are those manufactured wannabes the Arctics. There's no one I despise more, apart from Jo O'Meara and H from Steps inside the Big Brother House.

I'm not down with the Arctic Monkeys, man. They're up their own arses. Their songs are full of old-man lyrics and they make out they write their own songs but they have loads of help. They don't write their own songs but they slag off bands like Take That. At least Gary Barlow writes all his songs. (Er, actually Donny, so do the Arctics!) The Arctic Monkeys have no sense of humour, they take themselves so seriously. They're drab, man. They try and be like Liam Gallagher, giving it all the mouth. But I love Liam, although he can be a moany old git at least he is funny. The Arctics claim to be all witty but they they're just fucking bland, in their songs and in person. They're not exactly rock and roll. Not like the Towers. And speaking of phoneys, I reckon that Tom Chaplin from Keane going into rehab was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Before that no one had heard of him doing anything scandalous. He probably had one beer, and thought "Oh no I'm in trouble here, I better get some help."

Next on my hate list is Lily Allen. She had a beef with Peaches Geldof, and did stuff behind her back. She's not very classy, I don't like her music and don't think she should have been on the cover of NME. And talking about no class, Charlotte Church is just an angel with dirty wings. She's like a little madam ain't she? She wants to be more like Amy Winehouse, now she's a fucking legend. I love Amy. She's brilliant - she can really drink. A night out on the piss with her is a fun one. Me, Amy, the Gallaghers, and Pete Doherty should all head out on the town. That would be ace. Or pandemonium more like!

Now for my shameless plug. Towers Of London play The 100 Club in London tomorrow and our brilliant album Blood, Sweat And Towers is in the shops.

-----------------

What a fantastic pece of writing eh?!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly made me smile Smile

Thx for the rantings of the almost coherant Donny Smile

What was the source ?

I have no idea what the "3AM" is... Sad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from The Mirror - the column is "3am" where they tell the usual tabloid crap about stars falling out of clubs etc
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CELEBRITY Big Brother escapee Donny Tourette has been challenged to a boxing duel by the Cockney Rejects.

The Towers of London frontman-turned-reality star has enraged the veteran punk band by claiming his band are their successors.

In an angry posting on their website, the Cockney Rejects are claiming their record company will sponsor a charity fist fight between frontman Jeff Turner and Donny.

The message reads: "We know there are a lot of people who are thoroughly p**sed off with the bulls**t being put about by those posh tw**s The Showers of London.

"G&R Records are prepared to sponsor a bout between Donny Tourette and Mr Turner at West Ham Boxing Club to raise money for charity - the St John's Ambulance being the obvious choice, as they will have the job of scraping him off the floor when it's over."
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's brilliant! Laughing Laughing

I'm loving that guy the more I see!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, excellent - 'mon the Rejects!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shilpa faces racist bias on UK TV

Just two weeks into the house of the Big Brother and Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty has already hit the headlines, for all the wrong reason though. British Media watchdog, Ofcom, has received over 200 complaints about alleged racism against Shetty. According to media reports, the actress was apparently branded a 'dog' on the Celebrity Big Brother UK show,

Shetty is one of the nine participants on the British reality television show. The show chronicles the activities of the participants after they are locked in a house together. The complainants have taken exception to the fact that other participants made fun of Shetty's accent.

Also one of the contestants, who has since been voted out of the show, used to repeatedly refer to her as the 'The Indian', something which has irked Shilpa's fans. Big Brother is broadcaster Channel 4's most popular programme and Shetty has signed a Rs 3-crore deal to appear in the show.

The television watchdog in London said it had received 200 complaints from viewers that the star was a victim of racist bullying, the reports said. Fans, upset by the racist behaviour, have voiced their concerns on Internet forums.

Shetty, 31, is one of nine celebrities whose activities are being filmed after they were locked in a house together on January 2. A spokeswoman for Ofcom said, "Quite a lot of websites have been discussing the issue and urging people to get in contact with us."

Viewers believe that Shetty has been targeted by Jade Goody, a previous contestant on the non-celebrity version of the show, whose gaffe-prone persona turned her into a tabloid star, Danielle Lloyd, a former beauty queen, and Jo O'Meara, who was in short-lived pop group S Club 7.

Goody has said Shetty 'makes my skin crawl', while Lloyd has called her 'a dog'. O'Meara refused to eat a chicken roasted by Shetty, because she claimed it was too spicy and undercooked, prompting Shetty to burst into tears.

Jackson Five star Jermaine Jackson consoled Shetty by quoting the words of his brother Michael's hit Man In The Mirror. "They need to look in the mirror before they can make that change," he told her. Show producers sought out Shetty and reportedly paid her more than the others -- up to £350,000 -- to bring Bollywood glamour to proceedings and attract viewers with south Asian roots.

Originally done as a one-off tie-in series by Channel 4 in association with the BBC's Comic Relief charity telethon, Celebrity Big Brother is now a full spin-off of Big Brother UK, shown on Channel 4. The series features B list and C list celebrity contestants living in the Big Brother House, trying to avoid being evicted by the public, to win a large cash prize to be donated to the winner's nominated charity at the end of the run.

I mentioned this in the other thread that these 3 bitches were racists and I'm glad to see this article come out. I figured it was only a matter of time before something like this was written up, and it's a huge relief to see it happen.

They 3 of them are a complete disgrace and anyone that could possibly vote to keep them in is out of their mind. Jade and Danielle are nothing but a couple of backstabbing, gossiping chavs as far as I'm concerned and Jo is slowly catching up to them.

I hope when they leave the house they're given the worst reception in BB history because that's just what they deserve. Ian hit the nail on the head when he said they're bullying her, and they don't give a rats arse just how horrible they're making that poor woman feel.

Another thing that really disappoints me is the lack of support Shilpa is getting. The only one that really tries to help her is Jermaine, but even he's a disappointment. What I mean by that is why in hell doesn't Jermaine, Dirk, Ian or Cleo stand up to these useless bags of skin and tell them what they're all about? Why don't they stick up for Shilpa more instead of waiting for them to strike then give her a bloody hug? That doesn't help or do her any good because it's after the fact and you can't take the hurtful feelings away after the words have already been spoken.

It's best to nip these whores in the bud before they get a chance to verbally attack her again....and it'll probably start the minute they wake up as always.

It seems from the minute they open their eyes the first word that comes out their mouth is Shilpa. It's like they're obsessed with her for some reason, and the only logical one I can see is they're jealous because she's pure class and a lovely woman both inside and out....and they each know they're scum that makes the world such a filthy place.

I both admire and respect Ian for being so gutted over this because it shows he's a good person inside. I think it's only a matter of time before he lets loose on them and tells them what they're causing because it's eating him up inside as it should be.

I don't for the life of me get Cleo at all. Sure she's a nice woman and funny (at times) but what's not funny is the way she constantly ignores all the abuse that's going on around her. I think her only care is she's seen as neutral and grief free for the duration of her stay....oh and of course she wants to win, but is winning more important than being a decent human being and helping someone that you see is being attacked to this degree? If so she's no better than the ones causing it because it's like condoning it in my eyes.

Dirk realises he'd be shot down the second he said a word, but that doesn't excuse him from not saying something either. He claims to really like Shilpa but if he did care as he says he does then he'd of stepped in long ago and given them a verbal thrashing.

Jermaine I'm afraid to say isn't doing right by her either. He comforts her and gives her good advise, but unfortunately she doesn't listen enough and continually tries to be friends with them and gets shot down each time. He should step up and tell them as well, but they're all letting her down as far as I'm concerned and should be ashamed of themselves.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching BBC America around 6:20AM this morning, there was a short bit on this (IRISH's Post).

Perhapst media hype but they report complaints being over 2,000.
(Media hype on the numbers, not the situation).

My question is, how can Jack not be thrown into the picture, he started Jade off.
(more in the discussion thread).
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
Watching BBC America around 6:20AM this morning, there was a short bit on this (IRISH's Post).

Perhapst media hype but they report complaints being over 2,000.
(Media hype on the numbers, not the situation).

My question is, how can Jack not be thrown into the picture, he started Jade off.
(more in the discussion thread).

I actually forgot about Jack. He's so invisible to me and most others I'm sure that he doesn't even come up as a living entity....but true...we'll discuss that mog further in the discussion thread....but one thing I'd like to make clear. He never got Jade started. Once a c*nt, always a c*nt and she didn't need him saying anything to become one as she already was.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've an interesting point, Irish, about Jermaine not supporting Shilpa as much as he could. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that many Muslims don't believe in confrontation and would rather support the person who is in trouble by helping to make them stronger emotionally.... of course, I could be very wrong on that one.

Also, while I agree that the three girls are acting in a racist manner, I have to say that I think much of the rude behaviour we see is due to the fact that they're all girls and were bound to butt heads before too long. It might not be right, but I think a lot of it is because of too much estrogen.... lets face it, some girls can be right bitches at times.

I think my real problem is Cleo. She seems to be rather a fence sitter when it comes to these conflicts and never seems to commit to anything. She really is just "there" and laughs and such, but I've never really heard her express a true opinon about much. (but then again, I only watch the main show and not all the extras, so I could be wrong)
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigot Bro is on the brink

GOBBY Jade Goody is to face a grilling from police after the racism row sent Celebrity Big Brother into freefall last night.

Jade, 25, is almost certain to be voted out of the telly house tonight after enraging fans with her bullying of Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty.

And police say they will be questioning her after getting a “high number of calls" complaining about her treatment of the girl she’s dubbed “Shilpa Poppadom”.

The racism allegations had bosses of the Channel 4 show in turmoil last night as complaints topped 50,000.

Carphone Warehouse pulled out of its £3million-a-year sponsorship deal with “immediate effect”.

Nationwide chain The Perfume Shop withdrew Jade’s perfume Shh... from its shelves in protest at her behaviour.

And Danielle Lloyd, 22, who has been backing Jade in her campaign against Shilpa, 31, had a year-long modelling deal with motorcycle insurance firm Bennetts axed.

Even House of Commons leader Jack Straw stepped into the row last night, urging watchdog Ofcom to take action immediately.

But Channel 4 bosses remained defiant. Executive Andy Duncan claimed the show was “educating and informing viewers” about race and insisted there were no plans to axe the current series.

Last night police confirmed they planned to interview Jade, 25, over her behaviour in the house in Elstree, Herts. A Hertfordshire police spokesman said: “An investigation is continuing into allegations of racist behaviour in order to establish whether any criminal offences have been committed.”

But Jade was not the only one in trouble – the whole show was plunged into crisis yesterday as it lost its sponsor.

Carphone Warehouse chief executive Charles Dunstone said: “Our concern has rapidly mounted about the behaviour of individuals within the Big Brother house.

“We are totally against all forms of racism and bullying. As long as this continues, we are unable to associate our brand with the programme.”

Big Brother also faces action from Ofcom – which could hit it with a multi-million pound fine.

Ofcom Chief executive Ed Richards said his organisation would be writing to Channel 4 “shortly”, adding: “Any allegation of racism is very serious."

But MP Mr Straw, 60, called for “tough and unequivocal” action now from Ofcom, warning that it would make the watchdog a laughing stock if it waited until the show finished.

Last night an audience of millions saw Jade reprimanded by BB for calling her rival “Shilpa Poppadom”. But her taunts continued, and that sparked more fury
in Shilpa’s native India.

A Downing Street spokesman admitted that officials were working hard to restore good relations and India.

But seven Asian viewers are set to sue show bosses, saying the bullying of Shilpa has caused them distress. One of the seven, businessman Tallat Mukhtar, 33, said the show had revived memories of racist abuse he suffered as a child.

Despite all the uproar, defiant Channel 4 boss Mr Duncan said CBB “will not be pulled”.

He added: “The latest series has strayed into particularly controversial territory.
“But, in my view, it is unquestionably a good thing that the programme has raised these issues and provoked such a debate.

“Channel 4 has undoubtedly played a major role to inform and educate viewers about issues of race.”

Jade is going to absolutely shit herself when she gets out the Big Brother house to face police questioning, and Channel 4 execs are utterly ridiculous to let it continue the way it is.

I don't think it's going to stop once Jade leaves the house. It might not be as boisterous but the whispers between the remaining 3 are going to be just as abusive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: