Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't add:
Hidden: 
the rest

Smile

Looking forward to the people I now know for sure are in there, specialy one that gave me great pleasure when I was young Smile
Well, younger...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
Well I didn't add:
Hidden: 
the rest

Smile

Looking forward to the people I now know for sure are in there, specialy one that gave me great pleasure when I was young Smile
Well, younger...

Cheeky cheeky man you are! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look away now: has-beens and never-beens hit Big Brother
FERGUS SHEPPARD MEDIA CORRESPONDENT

THE pop singer Leo Sayer, veteran film director Ken Russell and Jermaine Jackson, brother of superstar Michael, were last night unveiled as among the 11 people taking part in this year's Celebrity Big Brother. The version of the Channel Four programme, now in its fifth series, launched last night and will dominate the network's output for January. The contestant line-up - described by one leading PR expert as "a mixture of has-beens, would-bes and never-beens" - mixes veteran talent with members of defunct pop bands, actors and actresses. The age-span ranges from 79-year-old director Russell - known for films such as The Devils and Tommy - to Danielle Lloyd, the 23-year-old "glamour model" and girlfriend of former England footballer Teddy Sheringham.

While 58-year-old Sayer has enjoyed a recent career revival on the back of a re-release of Thunder In My Heart, some of the other musical contestants are more obscure. Donny Tourette, 25, is described as lead singer of the band Towers of London and occasional boyfriend of Peaches Geldof, daughter of Bob. He said his reason for appearing in the show was because: "I've got fuckall else to do at the moment." He also admitted to having "a lot of dirty habits".

Shilpa Shetty, 31, star of the Bollywood cinema industry will be a highly glamorous addition to the house. Famous for her dance routines she had also won critical acclaim for her portrayal of an Aids sufferer in the 2004 film Phir Milenge (We will Meet Again). Wearing a pink sari and silver high-heeled shoes she spent some time posing for photographers outside the house. "I constantly travel with an entourage and I know I won't have that in the Big Brother house," she told presenter Davina McCall. "I just want every Indian to be extremely proud that I'm in here." But she admitted she had never seen the show.

Ian "H" Watkins, 29, a former member of the band Steps and who now performs in West End musicals, came out as gay only hours before the show. Another pop star was 27-year-old Jo O'Meara, an ex-singer with pop group S Club 7. The other American in this year's show part from Jermaine is 61-year-old Dirk Benedict, a member of cult 1980s television series The A Team. Jackson now goes by the name of Muhammad Abdul Aziz after converting to Islam in the 1980s but has continued to record albums. He may face some issues in the claustrophobic Big Brother household as he describes his greatest fear as "sharing the toilet". The remaining celebrities are Fleet Street columnist Carole Malone, 47,and actress Cleo Rocos, 44 - best known for her comedy cameos in The Kenny Everett Show.

First into the house was Jermaine, 52, who told McCall: "Michael's in Vegas right now but he has a way of seeing everything." Next in was Danielle who clearly didn't recognise Jermaine leaving the star looking bemused and uncomfortable. Danielle confessed that her boyfriend Sheringham supported her stint in the house seeing it as a way "to stop me going to the shops." A fragile Ken Russell was helped down the steps into the house after belting out Singing In The Rain to the crowd before the sound was cut and he was warned by McCall who apologised for his swearing. "I am an old English film director," he told his new house guests.

Last year's Celebrity Big Brother ran over 23 days and was won by Chantelle Houghton, a 23-year-old from Essex who pretended to be a pop star to her other housemates. However, the marathon reality show - in which contestants are set tasks and are constantly monitored on camera - created some memorable TV moments. The MP George Galloway was widely ridiculed for a sequence in which, dressed in a red leotard, he pretended to be a cat licking cream from the hands of actress Rula Lenska.

Channel Four says this year's Celebrity Big Brother will run for even longer than the 2006 series, though it is refusing to reveal the date of the final. The producers also plan to create a number of spin-off shows which are to be broad- cast on Channel Four's digital channels.

HOW TO WIN: DO'S AND DON'TS OF LIFE IN THE BB HOUSE

• DON'T whinge about being famous. The moment Jodie Marsh started banging on about how terrible life was in the media spotlight during CBB4, an irritated nation raised its eyes to heaven, filed her under M for Moaner and booted her out the house.

• DO cry over photos of your children. Jack Dee sniffled his way to victory in the original Celebrity Big Brother by displaying his soft and mushy side and missing his wife and kids. Simple yet effective.

• DON'T flaunt your plastic surgery. Pete Burns's lips, Brigitte Nielsen's breasts, Jackie Stallone's face... folks, these things are not attractive. Put 'em away.

• DO be humble and pretend you think everyone has forgotten who you are. Ex-Take That member Mark Owen won CBB2 by being a normal guy who had reverted to a pre-celebrity life.

• DO remember you're there to entertain. Germaine Greer thought she was there to talk about feminism and swan around in grey woollens.

• DON'T have a breakdown on television. Watching Michael Barrymore slurring his words and crying in the diary room last year felt like lurking behind a one-way mirror in a psychiatric ward. Vanessa Feltz scrawling on the kitchen table was downright disturbing.

• DON'T role-play in a weirdly sexual way with Rula Lenska. "Would you like me to be the cat?" No George. We wouldn't.

---------------

I didn't realise that Jackson had converted to Islam, but I'd say it's pretty poor that he's still known by his Christian name - what's the point of that?
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the article, face -- interesting read.

I'm still bummed out over the absence of Adam Ant (heavy sigh), but hopeful that the show will gain some momentum.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Thanks for posting the article, face -- interesting read.

I'm still bummed out over the absence of Adam Ant (heavy sigh), but hopeful that the show will gain some momentum.

It's not even been 24 hours...or just over so be patient. It's going to get good.

Just like in past shows, the beginning always seemed a bit slow, but once the people get use to their surroundings the shite will start flying.

Think about it in other terms. Big Brother is made up of people nobody knows....the average joe public. Once people get use to each other things start happening, and its basic human nature that people who 'think' they're actual celebs will be one hell of a lot worse.

At first I was disappointed with who's in there but now I'm quite looking forward to it. I can see the fur flying real soon Cool
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osbourne's verdict on BB's Donny
11.37, Fri Jan 5 2007

Kelly Osbourne has slammed Celebrity Big Brother contestant Donny Tourette, who's already managed to shake up the house since his arrival. He's jumped into the hot tub fully clothed, chatted up fellow housemates Danielle and Cleo, and slept naked in a bed with Leo Sayer. But Kelly insists he's not as rock and roll as he seems. She said: "His name is not Donny, it's Patrick - and his last name's not Tourette - he made that up. It's almost as if he read 101 How to Be a Rock Star and I think he's funny."

---------------

At least he didn't need rock-star parents to get famous! She's a useless tub of lard with no redeeming qualities at all. All she's got going for her is her famous parents - at least her brother has actually gone and tried to find his own way.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

11.37, Fri Jan 5 2007

Kelly Osbourne has slammed Celebrity Big Brother contestant Donny Tourette, who's already managed to shake up the house since his arrival. He's jumped into the hot tub fully clothed, chatted up fellow housemates Danielle and Cleo, and slept naked in a bed with Leo Sayer. But Kelly insists he's not as rock and roll as he seems. She said: "His name is not Donny, it's Patrick - and his last name's not Tourette - he made that up. It's almost as if he read 101 How to Be a Rock Star and I think he's funny."

---------------

At least he didn't need rock-star parents to get famous! She's a useless tub of lard with no redeeming qualities at all. All she's got going for her is her famous parents - at least her brother has actually gone and tried to find his own way.

Ohh you hit the nail on the head there! She's some nerve talking about anyone else. She hasn't an ounce of talent, has a face like 10 miles of bad road and no personality whatsoever. Anything she's done is off the backs of her parents, and if she was born into any other family she'd probably be the Ugly Betty of her town with 5 kids from 5 different blokes.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:

11.37, Fri Jan 5 2007

---------------

Ohh you hit the nail on the head there! She's some nerve talking about anyone else. She hasn't an ounce of talent, has a face like 10 miles of bad road and no personality whatsoever. Anything she's done is off the backs of her parents, and if she was born into any other family she'd probably be the Ugly Betty of her town with 5 kids from 5 different blokes.

Yeah, but I'd still give it a poke from behind with the lights out... Smile Or would I?
(Her, not Donny BTW)

I think she got it right about donny anyways...
Pretty much a no talent geezer that should have tried to make it with soccer.

I had a hunch that he was planted in there in a 'Chantelle' kind of way with a bit of red herring thrown in from leo & other's such as old big mouth himself...
But alas, his crap band exists...
Griffo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, Donny seems harmless enough..it was just a big act. I remember when Towers of London (who are appauling) played here and opened for a band i went to see...he just kept spitting into the crowd. Must be his big rock star act.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:

11.37, Fri Jan 5 2007

---------------

Yeah, but I'd still give it a poke from behind with the lights out... Smile Or would I?
(Her, not Donny BTW)

I think she got it right about donny anyways...
Pretty much a no talent geezer that should have tried to make it with soccer.

I had a hunch that he was planted in there in a 'Chantelle' kind of way with a bit of red herring thrown in from leo & other's such as old big mouth himself...
But alas, his crap band exists...

I almost wish you meant Donny! Atleast he's someway entertaining Laughing But come on, you have to admit that Kelly only got to where she is (and that's not really anywhere) on the backs of her parents, and when it comes to lookers she's a dead fish. She's really no talent at all and can't even read the cards she holds in her hands that tells her what to say. She bumbles it all up.

To each his own I reckon, but I don't see anything much wrong with Donny. He'll be the one talked about most I'm sure and that's what these shows are all about....someone to entertain us and someone we're most likely glad we're nothing like.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocker Donny in BB walk-out
By EMMA COX
Deputy TV Editor
and LYNSEY HAYWOOD
JANUARY 06, 2007

WILD rocker Donny Tourette was booted out of the house early today after refusing to be Jade Goody’s servant. Donny tried to ESCAPE after learning he would have to wait hand and foot on Jade, her toyboy lover Jack Tweedy and her mum Jackiey. He jumped over a garden wall — but was caught by security guards. A BB source told The Sun: “He made a bid for freedom. He went over the wall and was caught by security guards. "He was taken for talks with producers.” An onlooker saw Donny, 25, being frogmarched from the BB house by officials. He said: “Security guards were shouting at people to get out of the way because they had a housemate. Then I saw Donny walking along surrounded by guards. It was absolute chaos.”

Towers of London guitarist Donny was one of eight original housemates angry because they were told they would have to wait on Jade’s family 24 hours a day. The seven stars remaining in the servants’ quarters were told that the rocker had been evicted. Cleo Rocos read a statement to her pals, provided by Big Brother. She said: “When Donny climbed over the wall he broke fundamental rules of Big Brother regarding contact with the outside world. As a result of this rule break Donny will not be returning to the house.”

-------------

Fuck, well there goes the only possible chance for the show to have developed. They've shot themselves in the foot getting rid of him - the stupid arse producers.

I am simply not interested in watching idiots like Jade or pretty much any of the rest. Bollocks to it!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that when I read about it at midnight(ish) my time, I wasn't one bit suprised.

Take an idiot, add booze & we get Donny as seen entering the house...
Take an idiot & remove the booze you end up with the hung over quiet youth who swears a bit that we saw the following day.

I didn't think he would have lasted long once the housemates had seen him drunk/sober/drunk/sober/drunk etc...
If the housemates had to nominate, I'm sure he'd have been high up on the list if not top.

My source of sorts had said there was going to be an extra twist yesterday, that extra twist certainly made Donny freak out.

Again tho'... Donny wouldn't have made it to midweek without being taken off the show no matter if Jade & co had gone in, a tad of booze & he'd be pissing in the hot tub let alone spitting in it...
The kid can't handle his booze, it's not that he's rock n' roll & he's far from punk... he's just a kid with an inability to contol himself or his actions with a beer in him. (I think he'd get drunk on winegums).

I'm looking forward to the rest of the show despite Jade & her lot.
Either Jade or Her boy will be first out now (voted) & I still think Ken Russel will end up being taken out for health (or mental health) reasons.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may well have been an idiot at points, but by fuck he was a better class of idiot than the low-level muppets who are Jade and her "family" and that one who's married to the footballer. At least Donny had a clue about culture and was interested in learning (I watched some of the live stream in the daytime and he was sound). I've known loads of guys like him throughout my time (and have probably been like him also) but while he might not have the best social-skills, he certainly was the most entertaining after Ken Russell and losing him makes me care a lot less about any of the rest.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
He may well have been an idiot at points, but by fuck he was a better class of idiot than the low-level muppets who are Jade and her "family" and that one who's married to the footballer. At least Donny had a clue about culture and was interested in learning (I watched some of the live stream in the daytime and he was sound). I've known loads of guys like him throughout my time (and have probably been like him also) but while he might not have the best social-skills, he certainly was the most entertaining after Ken Russell and losing him makes me care a lot less about any of the rest.

Point taken...

But now he's out of the picture...
I'm sure we will see the good stuff we all watch the show for...

Nobody can blame it on Donny now, no matter what goes on...

No more distractions (donny) will result in some nice n' dirty bitching between the 'slaves' etc...

He was hanging by a thread anyways faceless...
Health & Safety issues with his spitting was about to get him booted out...
Don't know if you noticed the nasty cough he had, there were concerns for the health of other house mates & the spread of germs due to his gobbing everywhere.
I'm not saying he was TB ridden or anything, but there were genuine concerns according to somebody on the inside (at the studios... can't say more than that).

I can't say I have never been so fucked up on booze that I end up doing stupid shit, in fact it still happens once or twice...

I wouldn't have minded watching him develop on the show, see his real persona... lil' lost soul who acts hard to compensate for whatever reason...
In fact, I was expecting jermaine & donny to start discussing their childhoods at great length & seeing quite a bit of bonding going on when they realize that they are both at the extreme ends of the fucked up scale. (normal being dead center & them being 35 miles off center)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONNY BEDDED LEO'S MISSUS
Exclusive by Louise Ford In London And Frank Thorne In Sydney

BIG Brother rocker Donny Tourette bedded the wife of fellow contestant Leo Sayer behind his back. Bed-hopping Donny, 25, romped naked with Italian-born Donatella after a party at the Seventies pop star's luxury home while Leo was away. The astonishing revelation comes after viewers saw the Towers Of London star climb naked into bed with Leo, 58, on the show's opening night. Four years ago it was Leo's missus - 21 years his senior - who Donny was leaping into bed with. Sleep was the last thing on the mind of the blond rock singer who fled the BB house late on Friday night. After his outrageous, foul-mouthed entry to the house, Donny broke out by scaling a wall shortly before midnight on Friday. He had refused to act as a slave for new housemates Jade Goody and her family.

Drug-snorting Donny has bragged to close friends of his romp with Leo's common-law wife Donatella, who lived close to his family home in Buckinghamshire before she and Leo emigrated to Australia last year. Donatella, 46, yesterday admitted the young singer had come into her bedroom, obviously with sex on his mind. She said: "He crawled into bed, naked, next to me. He tried it on. He was very insistent." But in a crushing blow to lover-boy Donny, who claims he and his band have bedded more than 500 female fans, Donatella says she can't even remember if their romp went all the way. She admits frankly: "I really don't remember having full sex with Donny or anything like it. But I can't deny it because, truly, I really don't remember." She went on: "I don't know about having intercourse. I was in a deep sleep. He was definitely after sex, but my response was, 'OK Donny, if you want to sleep here, then sleep here'. It was a very big bed..."

Speaking at the mansion in Sydney she shares with Leo, Donatella said: "I suppose it was quite funny that a kid would be interested in having sex with me." She claims Donny's move didn't make Leo jealous because the couple were no longer lovers, but "soulmates" who lived under the same roof and were devoted to each other, as they still are. "Leo and I were not together in that way then," she says, adding: "Maybe it was more of a trophy issue for Donny."

Donatella, who is also Leo's manager, met Donny through a friend who had been promoting his band. A close pal of Donny's said: "Leo used to invite Donny and his mates round to his house for after show parties. They were all pretty wild. "Donny bragged to his close group of friends that he'd had sex with Leo's lady. It was Donny's biggest secret and he only told his closest mates, including his brother. When we saw him go into the Big Brother house and Leo was standing there, we couldn't believe our eyes. He had boasted about sleeping with Leo's wife behind his back. It's unbelievable stuff - even by Donny's standards."

Donatella and Leo met in 1984 when she was working part-time as a waitress in Kensington, West London, at a pasta restaurant. She knew nothing of his huge record success in the Seventies. "He was just a funny looking guy with big curly hair who was always there," she recalled. "I didn't know who he was, but he kept looking at me and asked me out. I had to ask his name three times before he left because I couldn't remember it."

Leo was going through a divorce from his first wife Janice at the time, but by the following year, he and Donatella were living together beside the Thames in Wapping. Years later, after they moved to Buckinghamshire, she and Leo got to know Donny's band because a mutual friend was helping promote them. "I could see Donny had talent and my friend told me he had star quality," she said. "I tried to help them because of my friend and my connections in the music world. They came round to our house a few times. The night this happened... they were kids, they were drunk, Leo was away and it was difficult to get them out of my house. Donny had too much to drink. I wasn't drunk, but I was absolutely exhausted and I certainly wasn't going to drive them home. I'm not used to partying, so I went to bed and Donny was supposed to sleep on the couch. Instead, he crawled into bed, naked, next to me. He tried it on, but he was too drunk. Donny was naked in my bed, but if we had sex together, I have to say, 'I'm so sorry, Donny, I don't remember having sex with you, full-on sex, you know?' "I just don't remember it. It's no big deal for me. I didn't even kiss him because I don't like kissing drunk people. I can't profess that I would have been interested in a relationship with him. Donny's too young for me. He's very cute, but he got drunk and hyped himself up. He's not my toyboy or my lover."

She and Donny have seen each other several times since, but have always avoided speaking about what happened. She said: "Leo knows what happened and he knows I am not interested in Donny. To me, this shows what a great guy Leo is because he knew what Donny did when he was not at home, climbing into bed drunk with me. Yet Leo still offered to share the bed with him when there was that problem in the Big Brother house. When I heard he and Leo were sharing a bed together, I thought it was hilarious. Donny is obviously in the habit of getting into bed with both me and Leo. How funny is that?"

Donatella and Leo never formally married but lived together as common-law man and wife before their relationship stopped being physical. "We're inseparable and yet not a traditional couple," she said. "It has developed into something else. I have someone who really cares about me - a guardian angel, if you like. We are like brother and sister, or best friends sometimes. We know our relationship is unique and therefore we are a good team. Do we date other people? We are respectful of one another's space. We are soulmates and allow each other to flourish. It comes back to that idea, 'If you love someone, set them free'."

Since moving to Australia the couple have been too busy to even think of other love interests. "Quite frankly, I've not been looking. Neither of us has," she said. They had hardly unpacked their belongings when Leo's surprise remix hit Thunder in My Heart rocketed to No1 in the UK and his extraordinary career took off again. Leo is now writing new songs, making new recordings and travelling Australia and the world. She said: "Like a lot of people with no children, our relationship has evolved into a friendship. Romance doesn't last forever. We have a genuine love for each other. We have a start but no ending. We are sticking together. We are opposite personalities. Leo is always up, bouncing around and full of energy and I tend at time to see the dark side of life. Leo has been through that, too. The fact he had a breakdown when he was younger means that he understands how dark I feel sometimes."

------------------

I don't care if this is true or not - it's great! haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: