I'm a Celebrity news...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandoGod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't watched it yet, but saw a few caps of that myleene shower scene. I guess I'll have to start watching now.

Laughing
Griffo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandoGod wrote:
Haven't watched it yet, but saw a few caps of that myleene shower scene. I guess I'll have to start watching now.

Laughing

And put your "handogod" in use?

Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:
HandoGod wrote:

Laughing

And put your "handogod" in use?

Laughing

Laughing clever
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I'm loving Kelly Osborne is because she's pretty bad. I mean, all that lipstick in the jungle. I know she's presenting but it looked terrible. I do quite like how she says what she thinks, even though it shows she's not true presenter material.

Shocked
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
The reason I'm loving Kelly Osborne is because she's pretty bad. I mean, all that lipstick in the jungle. I know she's presenting but it looked terrible. I do quite like how she says what she thinks, even though it shows she's not true presenter material.

Shocked

Yeah the lipstick was a bit over the top and defo not her colour, but the whole look of her was just all wrong for the jungle.

I do agree with you though on one thing. She says what she thinks and that's refreshing. I liked the bit where she was in the jungle with the webcam and going on about the toilet and all the rest, but when she was doing the regular presenting it was shite. She just doesn't come off as natural.....but a hell of a lot better than that Brendon git. He's certifiable.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punters back King David

DAVID Gest's bizarre antics are putting him in line to be the punter's favourite on I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here.

Paddy Power says it has been bowled over by people wanting to back David.

The self-proclaimed ?king of the tabloids? is now just 7/2 to be King of the Jungle having been a whopping 25/1 outsider before
the show started.

Darren Haines from Paddy Power said: ?Despite being plain weird he?s drawing people in like moths to a light bulb - you know you shouldn?t go there but there?s something about him that?s strangely fascinating.

?Gest is the one everyone?s talking about, and he?s by far the biggest winner for punters at the moment. They can?t get enough of him.?

Jason Donovan remains the favourite at 11/4 with Myleene?s shower scenes keeping her in the hunt at 3/1. Phina Oruche is the favourite to be booted off first at just 6/4.

Paddy Power is also betting on how many bushtucker trials Liza Minnelli?s ex-husband will be voted to do.

With one under his belt already, it's just 3/1 that David will do five or six trials.

Who will win I?m A Celebrity?

11/4 Jason Donovan
3/1 Myleene Klass
7/2 David Gest
4/1 Toby Anstis
13/2 Matt Willis
8/1 Faith Brown
25/1 Lauren Booth
25/1 Jan Leeming
33/1 Scott Henshall
50/1 Phina Oruche

Who will be the first evicted from I?m A Celebrity?

6/4 Phina Oruche
4/1 Scott Henshall
4/1 Lauren Booth
5/1 Jan Leeming
8/1 David Gest
10/1 Faith Brown
25/1 Myleene Klass
25/1 Matt Willis
33/1 Jason Donovan
33/1 Toby Anstis

How many bushtucker trials will David Gest do?

6/1 1 to 2
4/1 3 to 4
3/1 5 to 6
3/1 7 to 8
4/1 9 to 10
6/1 11 to 12
9/1 13 to 14
14/1 Over 15
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tension in the jungle ranks

Phina Oruche ... bitchiest

SCOTT Henshall and Phina Oruche are forming an alliance against posh newsreader Jan Leeming, with Phina declaring she wants to "knock her block off".

The pair are quickly sealing their reputations as the bitchiest of the celebrities by stomping off into the jungle to snipe about Jan.

The dastardly duo were unimpressed when Jan objected to Phina saying a prayer for Scott's birthday - including his wish that he find a man with whom he could spend the rest of his life.

Jan told gay fashion designer Scott - who turned 31 yesterday - that he should "live more in the moment" and then rudely interrupted Phina's prayer by asking Scott to collect wood.

"She has a nasty attitude," Phina sniped to Scott. "She is moaning about everything. I am going to knock her block off."

Scott agreed: "I do think things are going to come to blows."

Phina told the Bush Telegraph: "It's customary for me to pray for people on their birthday...Jan was like 'don't say life-long, you should ask for someone for this part of the journey'. What kind of codswallop is that?"

While Phina and Scott are out in front in the bitchfest stakes, Jan is clearly winning the race for the title of top moaner.

If it's not her "knackered" bed or the "execrable food", it's the bouts of nausea, mosquitoes, and a face like "alligator skin".

"I haven't felt so unwell in years," she moaned. "My bites are killing me. That meal last night was the most execrable meal I have ever had - it was absolutely horrifying and hideous. I would rather eat elephant dung."

I think Jan is being a complete pain in the arse, and when her and Phina got back from digging in the hay for the keys, she lied through her teeth saying Phina was the bitchy one.

She was trying to get on with Jan and was the only one really working to find the keys.

I knew once she got back to the camp she'd start her whining and crying again since that's all she seems to do Mad

I was so glad to see her and Scott chosen for the next task. Maybe Scott will send her flying Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I was so glad to see her and Scott chosen for the next task. Maybe Scott will send her flying Laughing

That Scott person is the epitomy of an arrogant selfish wanker. I knew someone just like him years back and the attitude makes me bowk! So I'm hoping he gets put up for as many tasks as possible - then fails them, meaning the other contestants will hate him more!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gest: I want pint of zebra milk
By ANTONELLA LAZZERI
NOVEMBER 16, 2006

STAFF at a top hotel branded David Gest their worst client ever ? after he asked room service for a pint of ZEBRA milk. Gest, 53, was staying at the five star Lanesborough in London with then wife Liza Minnelli. Staff at the hotel, used to looking after royalty and celebrities, expected showbiz legend Liza, 60, to be a diva. But according to a worker at The Lanesborough ? where suites can cost ?10,000 a night and each guest has a butler ? it was I?m A Celebrity star Gest who was the prima donna.

He said: ?He was an absolute pain. Anyone would think he was world famous, not his wife. He made a string of bizarre requests. It culminated in him ringing the butler bell and demanding room service bring him a pint of fresh, chilled zebra milk. When he was told we only had cow, goat, sheep and soya he threw a screaming fit. He said we should ring London Zoo to see if they had any.?

Head butler at the hotel, Sean Davoren, eventually found a shop which had frozen zebra milk. He said in an interview: ?I?m not usually fazed by anything but I thought somebody was taking the mickey here. Luckily, I remembered a fellow who?d helped me before. Sure enough there was a shop at the top of Regents Park where you could buy the stuff. It was ?15 a pint and the guest had a pint every day.?

-----------

haha, brilliant - but they get paid (and tipped) enough so what's their problem?

If I'm ever rich enough to hassle staff with uppity attitudes I'll be sure to do it. "I want some deep-fried kookaburra, and make it snappy!"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOST Brendon Burns has been dumped by bosses who feared his behind-the-scenes ITV2 show was struggling. Former presenter Mark Durden-Smith has been called back to save the day. An insider said: "Bosses begged Mark to come back. Everyone's wishing they'd never got rid of him."

-----------

Well there's a surprise eh! I've not even bothered looking at the show the last few days, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I'll cap tonight's show and see if it's any better with this other guy.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
HOST Brendon Burns has been dumped by bosses who feared his behind-the-scenes ITV2 show was struggling. Former presenter Mark Durden-Smith has been called back to save the day. An insider said: "Bosses begged Mark to come back. Everyone's wishing they'd never got rid of him."

-----------

Well there's a surprise eh! I've not even bothered looking at the show the last few days, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I'll cap tonight's show and see if it's any better with this other guy.

Thank god that ejit was sacked. He was a complete fool and had no talent whatsoever.

I tortured myself to watch it twice and had to block it out when he was on. I like the show itself as they show bits that you wouldn't normally see, but if they'd have kept him I'd of gone without.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Thank god that ejit was sacked. He was a complete fool and had no talent whatsoever.

he is actually a very good stand-up comedian, but he was completely unable to apply that to tv presenting. He was far too laddish for the audience really. It's not like he was presenting pro-celebrity strip-poker! (hmmm, now there's an idea!)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCLUSIVE: JAN THE WIFE SWAPPER
By Michael Duffy

I?M A Celebrity star Jan Leeming ditched her husband to wed a Red Arrows flying ace in a real-life wife-swap. In a bizarre twist, the husband she walked out on then married the RAF pilot?s wife. BBC newsreader Patrick Lunt ? the third of Jan?s five ex-husbands ? told last night how the switch meant he ended up raising pilot Eric Steenson?s children. In an exclusive interview, he said: ?I wasn?t exactly a happy bunny.?

Jan became one of Britain?s best known newsreaders during her marriage to Patrick. But millions of viewers of the ITV hit I?m A Celebrity have been cringing at her jungle antics, including flirting with Toby Anstis, singing like a drowning cat and ? yesterday ? peeing in the bushes.? She also got involved in a feud with Phina Oruche. Patrick, 57, said: ?I saw Jan crying on the programme ?? well, that?s Jan. She?s an emotional person. It doesn?t surprise me if she has been flirting with Toby Anstis ? he is a handsome young man. Jan is a very caring person and has a superb sense of humour. But the public are fickle. They dislike her moaning.?

Recalling his turbulent six-year marriage to Jan, Patrick added: ?It was sad splitting up, but you have to do the best thing for the children. We first met Eric when he was team leader for the Red Arrows ? Jan had been asked to fly with them as part of a promotional day for the squadron.?

Jan and Patrick became friends with Eric and his wife Robin. ?We would have dinner together and we would go out together like other couples who are good friends.? But in 1986, as Jan and fellow BBC presenter Patrick?s marriage hit the rocks, she walked out and moved in with Steenson ? ending two marriages. Patrick said: ?My relationship with Robin followed much later ? we married four years later. It was difficult for the children, but you do the best you can. Eric and I always got along well and we still do, but his children lived with their mum and me.?

Now 64, Jan had her only child, Jonathan, now 25, with Patrick. The couple had joint custody and remained in regular contact. Jan and pilot Eric split in 1995, seven years after they married. Patrick says: ?I?m very sorry indeed to hear of anyone?s marriage breaking down, as I was sorry about ours breaking down.?

Jan married her first husband, BBC sound engineer John Staple, in 1961 when she was 19 and he was 33. Her second marriage, to estate agent Jeremy Gilchrist lasted just eight months. Patrick and pal Eric were third and fourth, while her fifth marriage to Kent headmaster Chris Russell was short-lived. After an ill-fated relationship with accountant Tommy Dunn, she is single again.

Jan started her career presenting BBC?s Pebble Mill at One in the 1970s, before going on to become a household name as a newsreader in 1980s. ?We had some wonderful times or I wouldn?t have married in the first place,? said Patrick. ?We had so many laughs together. We did have our disagreements during our marriage, but we were never at each other?s throats. She was on television five or six times a week, recognised in the street wherever she went. Things were different then ? this might revive that for her. She enjoyed the celebrity. But I think everybody has some moments when they want to be private and that?s important to her. I daresay maintaining her privacy will be important to her on I?m a Celebrity.?

Patrick is a freelance newsreader at BBC Radio 2 and performs voice-over work around the world. Watching his ex-wife?s Bushtucker trial flop at home in High Wycombe, Bucks, he said: ?Jan is a gritty woman, not afraid of standing up for herself. She?s a strong, ambitious and capable woman and once hosted the Eurovision song contest in front of an audience of 300 million people. If she can handle that, she can handle the jungle. But she has a great side too. She has an infectious giggle. I?ll certainly be buying her a glass of champagne if she wins. As for weeing in the jungle ? she probably just wasn?t satisfied with the facilities!?

-----------------
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Gest to win!!

Anyone that makes me laugh that much deserves it.

When he was going on about Vaginaca his maid I about spit my tea all over the walls. I laughed so damn hard at that man. His stories are just brilliant and he's nothinhg like I thought he'd be. He's funny as hell and adds so much to the show it's really incredible.

This has to be my fave IAC so far thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
David Gest to win!!

Anyone that makes me laugh that much deserves it.

When he was going on about Vaginaca his maid I about spit my tea all over the walls. I laughed so damn hard at that man. His stories are just brilliant and he's nothinhg like I thought he'd be. He's funny as hell and adds so much to the show it's really incredible.

This has to be my fave IAC so far thumbs

he is really sound eh? His comments are dry and oozing with quality - not something I expected at all. I'd only seen him once before on some chat-show where he was plastered with make-up, not something that was ever going to leave a good impression on anyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: