Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm A Celebrity ... Best Bits
By JOSH BURT
November 10, 2006

IT'S another year, another motley gang of celebs trooping into the jungle. Of course, we're all up in arms wondering who on earth half these people are, but let's not forget Tuffers, Thatcher jnr, and even The Fash - did we really know who they were before it all kicked off in the jungle? So, as we prepare to see who will thrive in the wild, and who will buckle under the pressure, let's glance back at the best characters from the last five outings ...

Carol Thatcher - Series 5

Who thought Maggie's little one would win series 5? Nobody saw that one coming. Yet somehow she did it, even after waking up in the middle of the night, squatting next to her bunk and piddling all over camp. Shameful.

Phil Tufnell - Series 2

Tuffers went into the jungle as a controversial cricketer with an eye for a cig. He left the jungle as King, due to his laid back ways, and a night by the fire slurring drunkenly about the love of a good women. Hearts melted all over Blighty.

John Fashanu - Series 2

Before I'm A Celebrity, the Fash was famous for nodding in a couple of goals and shouting 'Awoogah!' on Gladiators. Did we know he was so mystical and 'focused'? We did not. The Fash became a man of legend and a firm favourite for the Bushtucker Trials.

Natalie Appleton - Series 4

Never before has a girl been so riddled with fear and so unsuitable to sleep in the great outdoors. Highlights include Natalie freaking out because she 'just touched a tree' and averaging about one pathetic star (probably) in all her Bushtucker Trials.

Rhona Cameron & Nigel Benn - Series 1

Nigel Benn wowed us all by running around in Christine Hamilton's smalls, but that was nothing on his feud with the pint-sized joker Rhona Cameron. It seems that Scottish lesbian comics and former boxers don't really mix. Who'd have thought?

Jordan & Peter Andre - Series 3

Jordan and Peter are now a national institution, but let's not forget that it was I'm A Celeb that threw them together. Peter spent the weeks flipping between pestering the top heavy glamour model and pretending to make up songs, while Jordan played it all coy until the cameras were out of the picture. Of course, they've since got hitched, and become the new Posh and Becks.

Paul Burrell - Series 4

With more than a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear, we could be excused for thinking Paul Burrell might have shown a more manly side to his persona. But then he munched on some creepy crawlies, popped his hand in the Hell Hole, and morphed into a snivelling little baby. Brilliant.

John Lydon - Series 3

Punk's very own Johnny Rotten surprised everyone with his genuine love for nature and his surprisingly affectionate wit. Well, all before he stomped out of the jungle, swearing loudly as he went.

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson & Darren Day - Series 1

Ignoring all the overwhelming evidence that Darren Day should probably be avoided at all costs, Tara set out to get her claws into the notorious lothario. Would they? Wouldn't they? As it turns out, no they wouldn't. Tara did her best, but Darren vowed he was a changed man and wouldn't cheat on his missus... before getting back to the real world and, err, cheating on his missus.

-----------------
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, can't wait to see myleene in a sexy bikini on IACGMOH
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandoGod wrote:

Even if it's a couple days old without changing or bathing? Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
HandoGod wrote:

phwoooar!

Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
HandoGod wrote:

phwoooar!

Laughing

Dirty bugger! When you go out on a date do you bring a fly swatter Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's the new series off to flying start... I really enjoyed watching tonight's show and I've a feeling it will be a big hit all over.

I've been surprised with David Gest and quite impressed with how clean Myleene Klass's bikini is!

Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The start of the sixth run of the reality TV contest, which this time includes former Busted star Matt Willis and former HearSay singer Myleene Klass, attracted a 38% share of viewing. ITV1 comfortably beat the season finale of BBC One's 'Spooks', which garnered 6.1m viewers and a 25% share. The hour-and-a-half-long opener also attracted 47% of the much sought after 16- to 34-year-olds. The ratings for this incarnation of 'I'm a Celebrity' are slightly down on the last two series. The fifth series' opening got 9.4m viewers and a 37.9% share, and the fourth series got 9m viewers and a 35% share. First the 10 celebrities had to find their camp by kayak and by jumping from a helicopter.

--------------

9 million is quite an effort!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M A CELEB: IT'S DAY ONE
By Nicola Methven
JAN Leeming broke down in tears after winning just two dinners for the camp on the first Bushtucker Trial called Mine Shaft Misery. The newsreader fought off competition from Footballers' Wives star Phina Oruche to be picked by the others. As she went to Ant and Dec, angry Phina said: "Whatever, enjoy." But Jan soon regretted it after being lowered into a dark mineshaft by Toby Anstis to find 10 stars in holes filled with creepy creatures.

After praying, Jan plucked the first star from scorpions, and braved the bites of green ants to get a second. She gave up on rats and snakes, then picked a star out of slimy cane toads. But after just five holes, she yelled: "Toby, please get me out of here." When she emerged she realised she had dropped a star, so the 10 campers shared just two dinners.You bastards," she told Ant and Dec, and said to the camp: "It was horrendous."

Toby, who admits to a boyhood crush on Jan, said: "It was a horrible one." The others said it didn't matter but Jan cried and said: "I think it's delayed shock."

-----------------

It was hardly anything - just a few toads!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bet Gest Is Best!
Bookies William Hill have slashed the price of David Gest winning I'm A Celebrity by more than half from 20/1 to 7/1. Against all expectations punters have come piling in on Liza Minnelli's ex husband to win the show and he is now the bookies worst result. "David Gest is perhaps not as bad as expected but he is still fairly awful. We think that punters have overreacted and would be amazed to see him crowned King of the Jungle," said Hills spokesman Rupert Adams

William Hill I'm A Celebrity: 11/4 Jason Donovan, 4/1 Toby Anstis, 4/1 Matt Willis, 5/1 Myleene Klass, 7/1 David Gest, 8/1 Faith Brown, 14/1 Lauren Booth, 20/1 Scott Henshall, 20/1 Jan Leeming, 33/1 Phina Oruche.

--------------

I'm not surprised his odds ahve been cut at all - he actually comes across as fairly straightforward... and he calls people a cunt too! haha
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
So that's the new series off to flying start... I really enjoyed watching tonight's show and I've a feeling it will be a big hit all over.

I've been surprised with David Gest and quite impressed with how clean Myleene Klass's bikini is!

Laughing

SHUUP! Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

I'M A CELEB: IT'S DAY ONE
By Nicola Methven
JAN Leeming broke down in tears after winning just two dinners for the camp on the first Bushtucker Trial called Mine Shaft Misery. The newsreader fought off competition from Footballers' Wives star Phina Oruche to be picked by the others. As she went to Ant and Dec, angry Phina said: "Whatever, enjoy." But Jan soon regretted it after being lowered into a dark mineshaft by Toby Anstis to find 10 stars in holes filled with creepy creatures.

After praying, Jan plucked the first star from scorpions, and braved the bites of green ants to get a second. She gave up on rats and snakes, then picked a star out of slimy cane toads. But after just five holes, she yelled: "Toby, please get me out of here." When she emerged she realised she had dropped a star, so the 10 campers shared just two dinners.You bastards," she told Ant and Dec, and said to the camp: "It was horrendous."

Toby, who admits to a boyhood crush on Jan, said: "It was a horrible one." The others said it didn't matter but Jan cried and said: "I think it's delayed shock."

-----------------

It was hardly anything - just a few toads!

I gotta tell ye, I'd of been in bits screaming like a maniac just being lowered into that, and knowing there was going to be creepy crawlers inside would have made me hysterical lol

I think she did well considering what was in there as I'd of said pull me up after feeling the first bug on me!

Jan is nice but her constant crying about every single thing will wear on my nerves right quickly.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
You Bet Gest Is Best!
Bookies William Hill have slashed the price of David Gest winning I'm A Celebrity by more than half from 20/1 to 7/1. Against all expectations punters have come piling in on Liza Minnelli's ex husband to win the show and he is now the bookies worst result. "David Gest is perhaps not as bad as expected but he is still fairly awful. We think that punters have overreacted and would be amazed to see him crowned King of the Jungle," said Hills spokesman Rupert Adams

William Hill I'm A Celebrity: 11/4 Jason Donovan, 4/1 Toby Anstis, 4/1 Matt Willis, 5/1 Myleene Klass, 7/1 David Gest, 8/1 Faith Brown, 14/1 Lauren Booth, 20/1 Scott Henshall, 20/1 Jan Leeming, 33/1 Phina Oruche.

--------------

I'm not surprised his odds ahve been cut at all - he actually comes across as fairly straightforward... and he calls people a cunt too! haha

I'm quite surprised at Gest as he's not nearly as bad as I thought he'd be. He's so odd that I actually like watching him.

The good thing about the guy is he tells it like it is and that's going to make it all the more fun watching him, especially when people really start getting on his nerves. I can see some nice arguments coming.

So far Toby is my fave agree
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: David's namedropping annoys Jan Reply with quote

David Gest spent lunchtime talking about all the famous people he has known in the past.

While eating with Jan Leeming, the subject of Audrey Hepburn came up. Jan admitted her admiration for the actress, with David replying: ?She was a good friend of mine. Her son was my best friend ? she used to cook for me".

He continued to reel off a list of celebrities with whom he is acquainted: ?Liz Taylor, Jimmy Stewart, Betty Davies, Gene Kelly, Ginger Rogers - they were all my closest friends. We used to get together once a week?all the greats.?

Later in the afternoon Jan complained: ?The names were tumbling out. It was like an encyclopedia of Who?s Who.?

David's "snoring Tourette's" gets on nerves

David Gest has managed to get on the nerves of the others already - albeit unintentionally.

The American's snoring habits left the other boys unimpressed, with Matt Willis branding him "Little Nicky".

The ex-Busted bassist revealed: ?David has snoring Tourette's ? it?s not like he snores (all of the time) but all of a sudden he has this outburst!"

"It was like Little Nicky ? he?s the son of the Devil," Matt told David. "I?m calling you Nicky from now on.?

?It kept waking me up,? added Toby Anstis. "I thought there was a wild animal walking into camp!"

Gest admitted his shortcoming, but was reluctant to do anything about it: ?I snore, I can?t help it,? he shrugged.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I watched the first episode this morning, and I have to say it's quite an interesting bunch.

I like Toby, Jason & Myleen so far. David Gest is a bit odd, but I can see him being the cause of some ructions, so I guess he's good to keep in for a while.

Jan Leeming is going to be a whiner, Phina is up her own arse (I think David got the parts mixed up in his analogy, Laughing and Faith Brown should not be in the jungle at all with her front!

Not sure about Scott and Matt yet.

Loving Kelly Osborne, but Brendon isn't really presenter material in my book. It's like he's trying to be Russell Brand but it's not quite coming off. Confused

Anyway, keep 'em coming, Face - think I'm already hooked!

Razz
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Well, I watched the first episode this morning, and I have to say it's quite an interesting bunch.

I like Toby, Jason & Myleen so far. David Gest is a bit odd, but I can see him being the cause of some ructions, so I guess he's good to keep in for a while.

Jan Leeming is going to be a whiner, Phina is up her own arse (I think David got the parts mixed up in his analogy, Laughing and Faith Brown should not be in the jungle at all with her front!

Not sure about Scott and Matt yet.

Loving Kelly Osborne, but Brendon isn't really presenter material in my book. It's like he's trying to be Russell Brand but it's not quite coming off. Confused

Anyway, keep 'em coming, Face - think I'm already hooked!

Razz

Unreal! That's the exact impression I got about Brendon as well, like he's trying to act like Russell Brand. He has to be the worst I've seen, and it took a lot of patience to watch him.

I thought Kelly Osborne was pretty bad too though so we don't agree there. She doesn't come off as natural at all and hasn't any talent in that field. I think she's best doing something off camera.

After seeing the second show I quite like David Gest. He seems to be an okay guy and he's trying to get on with everyone as best he can. I was glad the public didn't vote for him to do the next task because it would seem mean to me.

I'm really loving this. Thanks again face for doing the shows bigkisses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: