Celebrating EE-s 21st anniversary: top ten episodes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Celebrating EE-s 21st anniversary: top ten episodes Reply with quote

Here are the top ten Eastenders episodes according to virgin.net.

Six months to live (16th October 1986)

14 million viewers tuned in to see Angie Watts (Anita Dobson) stop Dirty Den dead in his tracks by telling him she only had half a year left. A penitent Den (Leslie Grantham) dropped his plans to divorce her, though it wouldn't be long before...

The Divorce Papers (25th December 1986)

"Happy Christmas, Ange!" Den certainly lived up to his nick name by giving Angie a present she would never forget: a letter from his solicitor telling her he was filing for divorce. Over 30 million viewers tuned in to see the bottom fall out of Angie's world.[/b]

Wilmott-Brown strikes (7th July 1988)

Kathy Beale (Gillian Taylforth) trusted James Wilmott-Brown (William Boyde), her boss at the Dagmar wine bar. She found out how wrong she was when he raped her for rebuffing his advances. But it wouldn't be long before he got his comeuppance...

Goodbye Dirty Den (23rd February 1989)

Convinced he was about to spill the beans in court, Den's mobster pals put a price on his head. Den fled on his way to trial and met Michelle (Susan Tully) beside the canal. But a gun hidden in some daffs fired, a splash was heard and Den was gone - for now.

Tiffany kicks the bucket (31st December 1998)

Martine McCutcheon's final half-hour on Albert Square saw Tiffany resolve to leave Grant (Ross Kemp) and Walford for good. But Grant wouldn't let her and her baby go without a struggle, and poor Tiff ended up crushed beneath the wheels of Frank's car.

Steve kills Saskia (14th February 1999)

There wasn't much love on this Valentine's Day between Steve Owen (Martin Kemp) and ex-girlfriend Saskia. As Matthew (Joe Absolom) looked on, Steve killed her with an ashtray after she attacked him with a bottle. He then framed Matthew for the crime.

Who shot Phil Mitchell? (25th December 2000)

Eat your heart out, JR - this was the mystery that had viewers frozen over their turkey on Christmas Day. The culprit turned out to be Lisa (Lucy Benjamin), who was driven to distraction when she heard about his fling with Melanie Owen (Tamzin Outhwaite).

Trevor gets an iron (31st December 2001)

Little Mo (Kacey Ainsworth) saw in the New Year by seeing off her abusive husband Trevor (Alex Ferns) with an iron. Eight years of misery exploded in a moment of rage that saw her briefly imprisoned. Trevor would eventually die in a house fire he started.

Steve's fiery exit (1st March 2002)

Steve Owen's feud with Phil Mitchell came to an explosive end when he tried to leave the country with Phil's baby Louise. Phil gave chase and drove Steve's car into a wall. Trapped in the wreckage, Steve helped Phil save Louise before dying in a ball of fire.

Alfie and Kat tie the knot (25th December 2003)

There's nothing like a Walford wedding at Christmas, though it almost didn't happen when dopey Alfie Moon (Shane Richie) revealed he was still married to his first wife. Luckily the divorce papers came through in time for him to wed Kat (Jessie Wallace).

-------------------------------------------------------

I must say though that there have been some great episodes since then as well. 10 more at least agree
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is a good list! It would be cool if they replayed all those episodes.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
That really is a good list! It would be cool if they replayed all those episodes.

It would, wouldn't it? I've seen a good many of them but it's been many years and I'd love to see them again.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

It would, wouldn't it? I've seen a good many of them but it's been many years and I'd love to see them again.

There are some I haven't seen since I didnt' start watching EE until 1999 and then missed a few because I had moved back to the States. I would really love to see them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: