Most Haunted Fan!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicA

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Most Haunted Fan! Reply with quote

Hi all!

I just wanted to say Hi to all. I'm a pretty big Most Haunted fan (even though I think it's completely fake Razz ) and live in Canada where it's only just started airing.

Nice to see this place become the fastest place on the net if ya know what I mean!

MagicA
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MagicA and welcome

I've been watching Most Haunted since it started, and it use to be pretty credible the first and second year.

The downfall to the show was when Derek all of a sudden thought he was an actor/medium and went overboard with the theatrics. It attracted a lot of skepticism from places like BadPsychics.com to tear it all down and expose things for what they were.

Since he left the show I think it's been a bit better. They realised they had to clean their act up, and I believe the upcoming season will be realistic.....and that doesn't mean having ghostly appearances or whatever.......just a more rounded team that doesn't think every sound or movement is a poltergeist attacking from the rear Very Happy

Hope to see you around the forum joining in!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I watched it last night for the first time thanks to prodding by the Irish and it was actually ok for entertainment.

There was a line where Yvette Fielding was talking to the camera and saying "it's just totally pitch-black here, and I can't see anything" then she turns to the guy standing right next to her and looks him in the eye and starts chatting!

Very Happy
Papageno

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek was making it more fake each week, thank god they dumped him, Now David Wells is a regular on the team (David and Derek probably hated each other)
Very interested in new episodes... the new Scottish medium they had when Derek left was very good and very sincere... thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papageno wrote:
Derek was making it more fake each week, thank god they dumped him, Now David Wells is a regular on the team (David and Derek probably hated each other)
Very interested in new episodes... the new Scottish medium they had when Derek left was very good and very sincere... thumbs

Hey Papageno, good to see you joined.

I read an interview with David Wells and he didn't hate Derek at all. He had respect for him but questioned some of his 'findings' during investigations they were on together.

He got on really well with Derren Brown and I'm not sure why they didn't bring him back.

Lets hope this new one works out thumbs
MagicA

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Most Haunted Reply with quote

Heh yeah.. Derek kinda ruined it for me but he's gone now and they had Gordon Smith who (as a skeptic) I thought was pretty intriguing. Seems like he's bailed ship now though and they have a new guy on.. will watch the episode later from last night and see how it is.

I do recall one episode or live show when David actually said a spirit was telling him that Derek needed to check his facts Smile

Either way I do find it entertaining along with the newish American show Ghost Hunters too.

Regards,

MagicA
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Haunted Reply with quote

MagicA wrote:
Heh yeah.. Derek kinda ruined it for me but he's gone now and they had Gordon Smith who (as a skeptic) I thought was pretty intriguing. Seems like he's bailed ship now though and they have a new guy on.. will watch the episode later from last night and see how it is.

I do recall one episode or live show when David actually said a spirit was telling him that Derek needed to check his facts Smile

Either way I do find it entertaining along with the newish American show Ghost Hunters too.

Regards,

MagicA

Ghost Hunters is a pretty good show surprisingly enough. When I saw the first one and it said plumbers by day and paranormal investigtors at night I cracked up a good one.

I ended up really liking it and have loads on dvd saved up that I haven't had a chance to watch yet. If there's ever an interest in them I'll post some at a later time maybe.

The one thing I couldn't handle about Gordon Smith was the way he dressed. It drove me mad seeing those jackets with the writing all over the back, like some cheesy ad for an upcoming car boot sale Razz
Papageno

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, Ghosthunters is not bad, but 3 quarters of the show is about the personal releationship of the members.
Also, when the plumbers are at work, they bring up an idea during a conversation, and JUST BY COINCIDENCE the camera's are rolling..

And every week the same thing, two guys are playing the tapes after the investigation, and then the bosses come by, and the bosses say stuff like "hey, what been going on guys?" -What's been going on??? They were examening the tapes dudes!!! DUH Sad
MagicA

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Ghost Hunters Reply with quote

Yeah I must admit I find Ghost Hunters a bit more realistic than MH. Did you folks see last weeks episode at the lighthouse? They got some pretty neat footage there.

I liked the one where they got the full body aparition too but I have followed their forums and it looks like it could possibly be a reflection of one of the lead investigators although it's all still being hotly debated Smile

As a skeptic I find these shows entertaining at least but it is nice to see a bit more attention being paid to the "unexplained" in our world.

If you folks are into this kind of thing, there is a really interesting phenomena right now known as "Rods". You can check it out some more at www.roswellrods.com (no affiliation to me).

Regards,

MagicA
Papageno

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghost Hunters Reply with quote

MagicA wrote:
Did you folks see last weeks episode at the lighthouse? They got some pretty neat footage there.
MagicA

Was that a repeat?
I recall a show where there was like a reflection fo a man wearing a baseball cap on a locker nmbr 7... Do you mean that footage?

if not, I need to get up to date with those shows...
MagicA

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghost Hunters Reply with quote

Papageno wrote:
MagicA wrote:
Did you folks see last weeks episode at the lighthouse? They got some pretty neat footage there.
MagicA

Was that a repeat?
I recall a show where there was like a reflection fo a man wearing a baseball cap on a locker nmbr 7... Do you mean that footage?

if not, I need to get up to date with those shows...

No I know which show you are referring to with the baseball cap guy.. this was a brand new one.. stirring up a lot of interest. I had a bad capture of it from one site but I am downloading a supposedly good quality version right now.. going to be awhile though as there is only one seed. Really good episode though.

Click on show #219 at this link..
http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/episodes/

MagicA
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papageno wrote:
Well yeah, Ghosthunters is not bad, but 3 quarters of the show is about the personal releationship of the members.
Also, when the plumbers are at work, they bring up an idea during a conversation, and JUST BY COINCIDENCE the camera's are rolling..

And every week the same thing, two guys are playing the tapes after the investigation, and then the bosses come by, and the bosses say stuff like "hey, what been going on guys?" -What's been going on??? They were examening the tapes dudes!!! DUH Sad

They should cut out the personal shite for sure in the show as that makes it a bit of a drag, not to mention them on the job. If we wanted to watch soaps or Home Improvement we'd be doing so.

I've seen them on a couple investigations that were quite good, and I must say I enjoy the bickering that goes on between them as well.....to an extent.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pic...

Cool
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that's brilliant faceless good job. My brother would be so proud to see that bit of art there! clap
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
My brother would be so proud to see that bit of art there! clap

tell him cheers for the idea!

here's another - it almost fitted...

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: