X-Factor News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just turned tonight's show on - and that Ray is singing some old rat-pack type number, really cheesily.

gah
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought Ray did well, and I can't stand him normally. I thought Leona was brilliant at her song as well other than she needs to lose the Mariah Carry bit.

I was THRILLED with Ashley. I was happy as hell at him being so out of tune, but then when he forgot the words I was ecstatic Laughing He's such a cocky little bugger and I don't want him there and was gutted when he didn't get voted out, although I knew it was time for Kerry to go. She's more a lounge singer and I hope she does well, but she's just not good enough to be there.

I was really shocked to see Dion voted off. She's a really good voice on her but can't seem to hit the low notes. I thought there was worse than her, but the way Simon picks on her it was bound to stick with the public and reared their voting away from her.

and.......I'm glad the McDonald brothers are still there. I don't think they're that great but the songs picked for them completely suck. They either need to get some life in them on stage or they're probably gone next week. I like them though but it's because they're nice guys Smile

My picks for winning is down to 3.

1- Ben
2- Leona
3- Robert
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walsh's gay gag sparks Cowell fury

FURIOUS Simon Cowell stormed out of the X Factor studio after cheeky Louis Walsh taunted him with a gay jibe.

Telly?s ?Mr Nasty? looked stunned when the former Westlife manager Louis took a swipe at his sexuality.

Louis dedicated Eton Road?s performance on Saturday night of the ABBA hit Does Your Mother Know to Simon, 47, and then asked him: ?Simon, does your mother know ? you?re out??

Nearly nine million people heard their bust-up after Cowell branded Louis ?spiteful? for dumping 20-year-old Ashley McKenzie out of the ITV talent show.

Later, in an exclusive chat with the Daily Star, Louis said: ?He never gets a joke when it?s aimed at him, so he was a bit confused to start with.

?But he wasn?t very happy when he finally figured it out. That ? along with the fact he?d just seen one of his acts axed ? he had a real diva tantrum backstage.

?I will do anything to wipe the smug smile off his face for five minutes.

?I chose Ashley because I thought he was getting as smug as Simon and that?s never good.

?Now he?s out I think he should give Simon his necklace back!?

Music boss Cowell has been dogged by gay rumours, despite a number of relationships with women. And after the cameras stopped rolling he was so furious he refused to appear with Louis, 54, on the ITV2 spin-off show The Xtra Factor.

Last night unrepentant Louis hit back, saying: ?He thinks he?s the best and can?t stand it when he loses.

?Both Sharon and I have lost two acts, yet we both carried through with our commit-ments on The Xtra Factor.

?It shows what a bad loser Simon is ? that instead of acting like a true professional, he swans off into the night never to be seen again. He should be more of a mentor to his acts.

?He?s got far too big for his boots this year and I think that the public are starting to realise that.?

Simon proved he really is a puff on Saturday night by smoking at the judges table during ad breaks ? contravening health and safety rules.

A show insider said: ?Simon likes his fags and he is a law unto himself. What he wants, he gets.?

Simon is acting like an arse...but then again he always has. He seems to be a lot more aggressive towards Louis this year and had no right in 'telling' Louis who to keep in the show.

I was so bloody happy when Louis sent Ashley packing, but it had nothing to do with Simon at all. When he said "I chose Ashley because I thought he was getting as smug as Simon and that?s never good", he hit the nail right on the head. Ashley was a right prick for his comments when Louis made the decision, and it just verified the fact he's an arrogant little shit.

The one thing I feel happens in this show each year is the judges punish each others acts for personal reasons they have against each other, and that's totally not on. It's meant to be about the acts and not the judges, and no matter how talented some are, they get voted off because if bad comments.

Simon is the worst for doing that, and his unfair comments leads to a lot getting voted off when they really don't deserve to, and I wish the public would just block out all the judges said and decide on the merit of the singers themselves.

I gotta say.....no matter how bad everyone feels the MacDonald brothers are, I'm really glad they're still in. Just seeing Simons face each week they're up on stage makes my night, but it makes me feel horrible how he cuts them down.

I know they're not the best and haven't a snowballs chance in hell of winning, but for some reason I want to see them there for as long as possible. I'd love to see Nikitta gone before them for sure as she was worse than they were this week.
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacDonald brothers have to go this week surely all of Scotland must have had they phones disconnected for not paying the bills by now Laughing

Nikitta is great she may have had a bad week but thats behind her

and has for Ben I really hated him to start with but he has just got better and better and I now I look forward to hearing what he has to offer. but I would love to see Nikitta and Leona in the final but we know thats not going to happen cos the majority of voters are girls who just repeatably text for the youngest fittest looking lad.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking on Guba and found a fair few episodes available to watch online. click the link to see them. the one above is episode 0301

LINK
Griffo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This years X-Factor is the worst so far.

I nearly cried and kicked the TV when Eton Road made a shambles of a Beatles song last night Mad

I also felt like giving Sharon a good man-slap too when she said they made it "their own".

no
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:

I nearly cried and kicked the TV when Eton Road made a shambles of a Beatles song last night Mad

I also felt like giving Sharon a good man-slap too when she said they made it "their own".

no

haha yeah, it was piss-poor eh? All that warbling and such!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Eton Road boys and that Ray have been caught up in a management scandal now...

click HERE to read the story and see the video
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Potter wrote:
MacDonald brothers have to go this week surely all of Scotland must have had they phones disconnected for not paying the bills by now Laughing

Nikitta is great she may have had a bad week but thats behind her

and has for Ben I really hated him to start with but he has just got better and better and I now I look forward to hearing what he has to offer. but I would love to see Nikitta and Leona in the final but we know thats not going to happen cos the majority of voters are girls who just repeatably text for the youngest fittest looking lad.

I want the McDonald brothers to stay in to spite that smug bitch Simon. He's an ignorant bastard and hasn't a right to talk to them the way he does. If he doesn't think they're good then fine, but saying their name wrong intentionally and all the other rude things he says to them just isn't on in my book, so I'm glad Scotland is behind them and I hope they continue to be .....JUST to get on Simon's nerves.

I've liked Nikitta all along until she displayed that attitude last week when she was given good honest criticism and acted like a prima donna. The three judges are the ones with the experience, and like people in the past, they're not meant to lash out at them but take the advise under their belt and learn from it.

At this point the only ones worthy of winning are Leona and Robert as far as I'm concerned. I've liked Ben from the beginning but he just doesn't seem to adapt to all the different genres like the other 2.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:

no

They made it their own mess is all they did. When Anthony did that bit in the middle where he sang on his own, I could understand why Simons face went that way because it was a mirror image of mine. I was like wtf? Has he gone into his own world and started singing another song?

It was pure rubbish!

Lets face it, the judges are all beating on each other now and it's not about the acts anymore. Simon is a cold bastard that only cares about his acts getting through whilst Louis and Sharon team up and pick one of Simons acts out that they can hit upon. It's meant to be about the acts themselves as it is a talent show, but the way the judges are going about it....it's all about them.

A prime example of this was last year with Maria. She should have won XFactor because she was brilliant, but Louis had to save his act. Is that picking the best act or wanting to win it himself?

Then you have Sharon who slagged off the Conways the same way Simon is doing to the McDonald brothers. She even had the nerve to say 'irishmafia' to Louis when she stood on stage beside Maria once she'd been picked off. (my name was irishmafia way before that btw and I'm still waiting for my cheque from Ms. bitch for using it without my permission Razz

Anyway.....at the end of the day, if they've the 'cute' factor in Sharons eyes or the girls look 'lovely tonight', that's all that seems to matter. We all know what the judges say works towards how the public votes on the acts, so even though Eton Rd were complete shite the public will vote in their favour because they're 'cute' and Sharon just likes them like cuddly stuffed toys. It makes me want to gag!

The one that wins should be the one that's best, and the judges need to see the forest for the trees here. It's not about them.

But.......lol ...I want the McDonald brothers to get into the final and press on every single nerve Simon has. Since the judges are being ejits so will I. If I had a few thousand quid to spare, I'd vote for them every bloody week to keep them in.

Scotland should be proud of themslves for backing their boys, and I hope they continue doing so.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Louis slates his own act

Could it be the end of the road? ... MacDonald brothers

JUDGE Louis Walsh says he doesn?t think the MacDonald brothers will win The X Factor.

The news will come as a huge blow to the young singers as Louis is meant to be their mentor.

The Irishman ? famed for his pantomime banter with Simon Cowell - spoke about the boys on Graham Norton's Bigger Picture.

"Do you not like them?" Walsh asked the audience when he was greeted with booing after mentioning their name.

"They're really good singers," he continued. "Some people like them."

"Yes, they're called Scottish!" joked Norton.

Following further teasing from the host, Walsh then announced: "Oh I know they're not going to win".

I think it's a disgrace for Louis to say that, and even more with

"Some people like them." "Yes, they're called Scottish!" joked Norton.

It's really ignorant how people are reacting towards the McDonald brothers. They're not horrible by any means but rather ordinary, and there's a hell of a lot worse than them....Ray being one!

Louis should support them as he's meant to, but he's as much a prick as Simon is towards them with slagging them in public like this.

I hope he catches a lot of heat for it, and I hope like hell the McDonald brothers get to the final just to drive everyone mad. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Simon having to give them a recording contract....but at the same time I'd hate to see Louis win because he doesn't deserve it angry
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one other than faceless watching XFactor here?

Reason I ask is nobody is posting and giving an opinion on who they like or dislike Sad Ye all suck! lol

Anyway ahem....I shall continue to give my opinions!!

I think it SUCKS that Robert was voted off. He has a brilliant voice and one hell of a lot better than that little troll Ray.

Sharon is bang on when she said Ray won't sell any CD's because he's dull as lard. Robert on the other hand would appeal to a larger mass of the population.

I about jumped off the couch when the first ones announced to be saying were the McDonalds, and I love how they show Simon's displeasure with it. Although it'd not be fair, I'd love to see them win it just to piss him off although it really should be Leona, but i'd see her sacrificed just to put Cowel in his place. He's so bloody rude to them and I'd like to see him suffer for his words, and announcing he's 50% scottish means sweet bugger all. A prick is a prick and those 2 lovely lads don't deserve the abuse he hands out.
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac brothers still in look like Scotland's telecom workers are on overtime Confused surely they can't survive next week.

come on Leona you can win this thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Potter wrote:
Mac brothers still in look like Scotland's telecom workers are on overtime Confused surely they can't survive next week.

come on Leona you can win this thumbs

Ohhhh you bet they can thumbs

Leona was brilliant tonight and she will win for sure as she fully deserves to.

I won't say my thoughts till tomorrow incase anyone sees this and hasn't watched the show yet zipit
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEDDING STOPS TO CHEER BROTHERS
By Billy Paterson

A HAPPY couple broke off their wedding celebrations last night - to cheer on X Factor's MacDonald Brothers. Lynne Scobie, 26, and Paul Mooney, 31, arranged for the show to be screened on a big plasma screen TV at their reception at Brunston Castle Golf Club. The brothers, Brian, 19, and Craig, 20, regularly perform at the club in Girvan, Ayrshire, and would have been booked for the wedding if they hadn't been singing for survival on the TV talent show.

Lynne, who works as a trainee accountant, said: "We vote for the MacDonald Brothers every week. We are big fans and we would have loved to have had them play at our wedding." Factory worker Paul added: "All our hundred guests are also huge fans of the brothers, so we decided to have X Factor on the big screen at our reception so we could cheer the boys on."

Last night, the brothers sang the Proclaimers' hit (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles and Ronan Keating's When You Say Nothing At All in a bid to stay on the show. They have been stung by judge Simon Cowell's attacks. He's told the pair they will never win the TV talent show, despite viewers voting week after week to keep them in the competition.

Paul and Lynne, who have two children - Emma, two, and Aaron, four - are no fans of Cowell. Lynne said: "His nickname is Mr Nasty and, as far as the MacDonald Brothers are concerned, he certainly lives up to that. But thankfully, the viewers have better taste."

The McCann family, who own Brunston Castle Golf Club, have joined their staff in casting over 2000 votes for the MacDonalds each week. The brothers regularly play at ceilidhs and functions at the clubhouse. Last week, a 50th birthday party was also interrupted to allow The X Factor to be screened.

Brunston managing director Michelle Edens said: "People have their opinions but we have seen them play live here for years. They can turn their hands to any instrument - guitar, piano, fiddle. Not a lot of people have that talent. And they always sing in tune. I'm always asking them if they're not too big for us now but they say they will always play for us. I'd like them to stay here but hopefully they will go on to much bigger things."

The brothers have withstood withering attacks from acid tongued Cowell to make it into the final five from the 12 finalists. He told the singing siblings that they could not win the contest in "a billion years", calling one performance "boring and pointless". He said another of their cover versions - Abba's Fernando - included the "worst guitar solo I have ever heard".

-----------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: