Haunted Homes with Mia Dolan...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Haunted Homes with Mia Dolan... Reply with quote

Ghostbuster gets spooked
By EMILY DENT
and DAVE MASTERS

SHE may spend her days searching out ghosts - but even TV psychic Mia Dolan gets scared when things go bump in the night. The host of ITV1's Haunted Homes, which starts today, told us there was one moment during filming that really gave her the wobbles.

Mia explained: "When I started doing this you?d never catch me screaming, but there was one occasion when I nearly lost it. I was in a haunted villa with Mark Webb, the show's paranormal investigator, and it was so dark that if you moved one step you?d lose all sense of direction. People were getting poked and slapped and you didn?t know where it was coming from. Suddenly, Mark yelled, so I put the torch on and he said ?Ooh, I don?t like this, I don?t want to be poked in the dark?. He doesn?t scare easily so that really freaked me out."

She added: "There was another case of a family who had snapped a picture of a black monkey face appearing in the mirror. You walked up the stairs and the whole thing rocked and you felt yourself being pushed. We were terrified."

Grabbed by the ghoulies ... Mark Webb was poked by spirits
In the new series, screened at 10.45pm, the Haunted Homes team try to help terrorised families suffering from unexplained phenomena. The first show follows the Harris family from Huthwaite in Nottinghamshire who had a portal into another dimension in five-year-old Carly Beth's wardrobe. The young girl had been talking to the ghosts and told her mum Heather that they played games.

Each family kept a video diary of the spooky sightings they had to put up with and then Mia, Mark and sceptic Dr Chris French conducted their own vigil at the house to uncover the facts and stop the paranormal activity.

Mia said: "I always picked the people who were most scared because those are the people who I can help. This series we caught something called aporting on camera - it sounds like something out of Harry Potter. Basically a large figure appeared out of thin air in front of seven people. Then a Buddha ornament flew across the room and smashed. When we picked it up it was really hot. That was the first time I?ve seen it, it?s such a rare occurrence. I?ve never seen a crew so scared! They are a bunch of young macho guys and they normally take everything that happens in their stride, but not that time!"

Real-life spooks ... Mia with the Hasset family who she helps later in Haunted Homes series

She continued: "I?ve seen things be moved - when you look away from something and when you look back things have been swapped round, but I?ve never witnessed things come from thin air before. I was so chuffed we caught it on camera. That?s the Holy Grail for me, to get the absolute ultimate proof on camera. I think we?ve started to build up serious evidence now."

Mia said the secret of the show lies in its footage as it allows viewers to make their own minds up while having Chris on board to "rationalise everything" also helps. "We don?t try and shut him up," she said. "It?s a true look at the world of the paranormal without dramatics."

The star admits she wasn?t always a believer in the paranormal. She was brought up as a Roman Catholic but at the age of 22, she was married, had two kids and lost her faith and then one afternoon, she claims she discovered her psychic ability. "I was cooking tea for the kids and all hell broke loose in the front room because they were fighting," she explained. "I went in there to split them up and suddenly there was a man?s voice right by my ear that said ?Your toast is burning?. So I ran into the kitchen and sure enough, the toast was on fire. Over the next couple of weeks I started hearing this voice everywhere. I went to the doctor and he sent me to a psychiatrist ? I had all sorts of tests and different medication to try to get rid of it. After about a year and a half I got pronounced sane-but-strange and was told to get on with my life. Anyway, I then made peace with this voice and it turns out he?s a lovely old man named Eric who has been my guide since I was born!"

Doctor's diagnosis ... Dr Chris Finch is the sensible voice of show

She added: "He hardly ever does anything for me personally, but if I?m in trouble then he?ll help out. It was 100 years ago that he died but he taught me everything I know. He taught me how to do clairvoyance ? reading people?s spirits, and how to get rid of ghosts. He?ll help me out if things get tough. He?s a guide but he never tells me what to do."

So, should we be scared of ghostly apparitions and sinister spectres holding our homes to ransom?

Mia advises: "The first rule is that good and evil can only come into your life in this world if invited. When you pray to God asking for help, you are inviting the good into your life. The dark side very rarely has a chance to be invited in."

# Haunted Homes, ITV1, Monday, 10.45pm

-------------

I'll try and cap this tomorrow if there's nothing else on - I know there's a few who would enjoy it I'm sure...
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I would love to see it !!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to report that this show isn't on ITV in Scotland...

Maybe it will turn up elsewhere
white

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be perfectly honest ive watched a few of these she always performs a cleansing fair play but the entity always comes from a bedroom its on thelanding now its coming down the stairs now its behind you do you see a patern forming lol
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it so I'll post it on the tracker. I've not watched it yet but anything with 'haunted' in it sounds good to me Smile
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I better hop on the Tracker and take a look see.
artisin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Great Show Reply with quote

Well I've seen 4 episodes of this show and I think it's pretty good:D
It has a Most Haunted feel but with fewer people and a bit more intimate. Check it out thumbs
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many shows were there ?? I only got 4 meself.
artisin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i think there are only 4 episodes
the gal isn't quite "convincing" if you catch my drift Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought she was okay. It depends on what you're comparing her too maybe.

I thought there were more than 4 eps. They are from last year and I was sure there were a few more yet to go.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm quite enjoying it myself.

Gasman....you've missed some good paranormal shows I put up on the tracker over the last couple months. If you're interested in seeing them let me know and I'll give you a list of what I have thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunted Homes ep 5 is available. If you can't get it, let me know and I'll post it.
artisin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see it Very Happy
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this one... thanks anyways Irish !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: