Corrie - Eddie Yates is dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Corrie - Eddie Yates is dead Reply with quote

Geoffrey Hughes dies
Andy Bonner
Sat 28 Jul 2012

The actor Geoffrey Hughes who played Eddie Yeats in Coronation Street has lost his fight with prostate cancer, his friend and colleague Ricky Tomlinson has confirmed to ITV Granada. Hughes was also known for his roles as Twiggy in the Royle Family, Onslow in Keeping Up Appearances and Vernon Scripps in Heartbeat. The Wallasey-born actor died on Friday night.

Quote:
Geoff wasn't just an actor. He was my mate. I used to call him every few weeks but hadn't spoken to him in about a fortnight. It's such a loss. – Ricky Tomlinson

The 68 year old had received radiotherapy in August 2010 after collapsing at his home on the Isle of Wight. Geoffrey Hughes had been appointed Deputy Lord Lieutenant for the island in 2009. His role involved duties to emphasise the official link between the island and royalty at formal engagements. He began his stage career at Liverpool's Unity Theatre and was also the voice of Paul McCartney in the film Yellow Submarine.

--------------------

He was always my favourite character when I watched the show as a kid.
Twirley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Geoffrey - we'll miss you. Always thought he was a fab actor!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known him best as Onslow in Keeping Up Appearances. My mom loved him too. I loved that character. He reminded me of my Uncle Russell. lol lol RIP sir!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: