Snow news is good news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Snow news is good news Reply with quote

Someone stole my snowman!

download

--------

"I'm not being funny"... Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus driver forced to resign after 'brutal murder of snowman' left in middle of the road
Paul Thompson
14th December 2010

A bus driver has been forced to resign after veering into the wrong lane to flatten a snowman. The public transit bus can be seen in a YouTube video deliberately crossing on to the wrong side of the road to demolish the sculpture built on a quiet residential road by students. The incident was filmed on the on the University of Illinois campus in Urbana.

Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District spokeswoman Jan Kijowski said the driver has resigned after the incident was posted on the internet. Kijowski said the district had laid down the law to all the drivers. 'Whenever an incident occurs, we try to use it as a teaching opportunity to remind the operators what are the safe and good choices that can be made,' Kijowski said.

The video, called 'Insane Bus Driver Brutally Murders Snowman', has received over 25,000 hits since being posted on December 4. But the video has sparked a social media debate over who was really at fault – the bus driver or whoever put that snowman there. More than 800 people had joined a Facebook page devoted to reinstating the bus driver. 'Help the Bus Driver who killed the evil snowman, get his job back,' one of the comments says. Some people said the bus driver,who has not been identified, prevented an accident by demolishing the road obstacle.

----------------

Swerving on a snowy road, while going at the speed he was with passengers on board is obviously dangerous.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it was so dangerous at all. What was dangerous is putting a camouflaged obstacle on an ice and snow covered road at night.

The driver did the right thing and get rid of it.

edit

he knew what he was doing, and signalled, presumably looking in his mirror first. The road was clear.

I wonder just what the students thought might happen as they filmed/videoed the whole scene.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, but I'd say it's the speed he changes lane at when there's fairly deep snow causing channels in the road that's dangerous.

We need a professional opinion on this - where's that Bat when you need him?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing he thought it would be better for a large bus to flatten it and have it out of the road than for it to cause a problem for a much smaller vehicle.

I'd love to see his dismissal papers.... "Snowman Murder" out to make for a good laugh at the unemployment office Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow pile for sale on eBay
15 Dec 10
thelocal.de

As the snow keeps falling in Germany, an enterprising man in the state of Saxony has decided to auction off a huge pile of the white stuff on eBay. But the winning bidder will have to arrange their own delivery.The pile, some five metres wide and 1.5 metres high, had more than 100 bids by midday Wednesday, topping out at over €210.

“I didn’t know where to put the snow any longer,” 37-year-old seller Michael Kroll told daily Bild. “My neighbour gave me the crazy idea.” According to the construction worker’s description, the condition of the snow pile is “used” with “a few signs of wear” but in good shape. “We don’t need it any longer because we’ll be getting a new one soon,” the eBay description continues. Kroll told Bild he plans to donate the online auction proceeds to his son Max’s kindergarten.

A number of potential bidders have played along with the humorous notion, posting questions about whether the snow happened to be yellow, had a patent, was melt-resistant or came with free beer. The auction ends December 17.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

China holds 28th Ice & Snow festival
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: