When GG and Karl spoke about Tianenmen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: When GG and Karl spoke about Tianenmen Reply with quote

The other day I noticed a short piece on this page in the Independent. I posted a comment asking for a link to the pictures the gossip mentioned, but there's not been a single reply - something that's almost unheard of when people with half a clue want something to say... perhaps it's the Qi effect where people don't want to speak the obvious accepted widom because klaxons will go off....

Anyway, I didn't think much more of it, but GG mentioned it on tonight's talkSPORT show when talking with Karl. I remember the show, but can't remember the date of it either. I checked back on some stuff from 2008 and I think it's from about then, because of the Olympics being in Beijing, but couldn't find the specific show.

So does anyone else remember more about when it was?
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that conversation, but can't quote the precise date. If I had to guess, I would say near the end of 2007. Looking back through the threads, there were some posts about their Boxing famous debate and GG's view on Pit Bulls; I think these date from roughly the same time frame.

(Also, I haven't had time to listen to GG on talkSPORT for a couple years.)

Sorry I can't be more precise.

Hold the phone; isn't this it? http://www.couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=7698

or this? http://www.couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=9978

So far no joy. But using my melon, June 2009 was be the 20th anniversary, so it's quite likely the subject came up in May & June of that year.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Major, those were close, but I think I'll just need to run through a pile of the shows...
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can strike these off your list: 6/6/2008, 24/4/2009, 25/4/2009. I checked them last night without luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: