EE: Heath says "I do" in real life.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: EE: Heath says "I do" in real life. Reply with quote

Cheryl Ferguson marries her Moroccan toyboy
but he doesn't have a visa allowing him to move to the UK

22nd May 2011

EastEnders star Cheryl Fergison has married her Moroccan boyfriend in secret - but she still can't move him over to Britain. Cheryl, who plays unlucky-in-love Heather Trott in the BBC1 soap, tied the knot with shop assistant Yassine Al-Jermoni, 25, near his home in Agadir, Morocco. But the 46-year-old will have to continue making regular trips to the town for the foreseeable future as Yassine still doesn't have a visa allowing him to move to Britain.

The actress has hired a solicitor to speed up the process and get her new husband, who proposed at Christmas, over to the UK as soon as possible. It is believed that the couple – who met in an internet chat room – are planning a ceremony in the UK with all Cheryl’s friends and ­family when he finally makes the move here. Coincidentally, her character on the soap Heather is also involved in a story involving internet dating at the moment.

The Sunday Mirror reports that Cheryl flew to Agadir last week where she was spotted wearing a silver wedding band and even visited Yassine’s ­family in the ­rundown suburb where he grew up. Cheryl and her son from a previous marriage, Alex, last week stayed with Yassine at a new lovenest she has set up in a chic neighbourhood in Agadir. Since their marriage was granted by a judge on April 28 Cheryl has split her time between Agadir and her home in Sidcup, Kent. She has taken time off from ­EastEnders to ­oversee Yassine’s visa application.

A neighbour at their Agadir apartment told the newspaper: 'Cheryl seems to have settled in well during her trips here. 'She goes out in the ­mornings to put the rubbish out and buy croissants from a local bakers. Yassine’s a late riser and you don’t see much of him until mid-­afternoon.' Cheryl stunned friends and colleagues last year when she revealed that she was going to marry the penniless Moroccan after just a few months ­together. Earlier this year she told Closer magazine that she thought she’d lose her heart again after a bitter divorce three years ago.

Talking to the magazine Cheryl revealed: 'Yassine proposed in a very romantic way. On Christmas Day he made a path of tealights and rose petals leading from the hall to the bedroom. He’d written in rose petals on the sheets: "Will you marry me?" He’s my angel. I never thought I’d feel this way again but he’s made me feel like a new woman. I’m so excited, I could run down the red carpet and do a cartwheel.'

Her previous marriage to ­Jamshed Saddiqi broke down in 2008. But she says she is positive that this marriage will last and that she’s met the man of her dreams. In a previous interview she said: “I’ve never been so happy. I’ve found a bliss I didn’t know existed. I don’t think I’ve ever been in love until now.” Yassine said, when describing their first ­meeting: 'It was amazing when I first laid eyes on my beautiful Cheryl. That was the most ­emotional day of my life.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: