EE - Actor charged with growing weed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: EE - Actor charged with growing weed Reply with quote

EastEnders star Jody Latham arrested for
'growing and supplying cannabis' after assault claim

14th May 2011

Jody Latham has been arrested on suspicion growing and supplying cannabis. The 29-year-old, who played Rob Grayson in the BBC soap, was held after police swooped on his home in Bacup, Lancashire, in the early hours of the morning. Mr Latham, best known for his role as Phillip 'Lip' Gallagher in Shameless, was also questioned in connection with an assault and possession of an offensive weapon, Lancashire Police said.

A witness, who called the police Mr Latham's home, told the Sun he saw a man coming out holding his eye. 'There was shouting and a pink bike was thrown out of the house,' he said. 'Two men then went round the back of the house and continued insulting each other. They then disappeared off but Jody's Jack Russell must have escaped and I heard him screaming and shouting for his dog.' Mr Latham was later released on bail pending further inquiries.

A police spokesman said: 'We can confirm a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Bacup yesterday on suspicion of the production and supply of a class B drug. He was also questioned in connection with a Section 39 assault and possession of an offensive weapon. He has been bailed pending further inquiries.' She added that no-one was seriously injured in the incident.

Mr Latham's career took off at the age of 12 when his talent was spotted during performances at Burley Youth Theatre. He played the intelligent and outspoken eldest son of Frank Gallagher in Channel 4's acclaimed drama Shameless between 2004 and 2008. He appeared as pimp Grayson in Eastenders between February and March this year.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we surprised? LOL!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he looked like a wrong'un from the start! haha
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny is he did look like the "bad boy" type. Weird.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...I've never seen Shameless butI can see him as Lip. I'm an avid fan of the US version, but I'm sure I'd prefer the UK one!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess we know why he was so good as his character!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: