Gamu - X Factor star...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Gamu - X Factor star... Reply with quote

I watched this earlier and thought she was brilliant
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bigger download of her performance. I'll get hold of the full bit later... for me it was a perfect example of how Scotland and Glasgow will always take to people who play their hearts out.

download
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty good. I liked her whole demeanor throughout the performance. She's a natural.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked her Smile

But Have you seen this little gem ........

I really do beleave in some kind of life after death though ....This is a grown womens voice coming out of this child ~~~~
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is amazing, but sort of disturbing. Her voice just doesn't match her. I will say though, she is far more mature than any other 10 year old I have known, but still sort of creepy...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was incredible. What's even creepier is Sharon Osborne's voice and face. ;-) ;-) Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her face for sure...she looks like a burn victim! Why do people do that?? She looked just fine before.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X Factor contestant Gamu Nhengu wins appeal against deportation
Teenager's lawyer says Nhengu, who was ordered to return to Zimbabwe, has been granted leave to stay in the UK
11 May 2011

The former X Factor hopeful Gamu Nhengu and her family have won their appeal against deportation, her lawyer has said. Gamu, 19, currently lives with her two brothers and mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, in Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire. The family feared they would be sent back to Zimbabwe after a court ruling. Earlier this year, the teenager's family were refused leave to stay in the UK by the Home Office after a decision passed at the immigration court in Glasgow. But on Wednesday, the lawyer acting for Gamu's family Gamu's welcomed "the first great news they've had for months": that their appeal had been successful.

The Home Office now has five days to appeal against the decision, which was granted in accordance with the family's right to a private and family life, as set out in the European convention on human rights. The family's lawyer, Frances Farrell, said in a statement: "We are delighted to announce that the court has allowed Gamu's, her brothers' and her mother's appeal. If the Home Office accepts the decision of the court, then my clients will be granted leave to remain in the UK. The Home Office have a five-working-day limit to appeal, and we hope they do not exercise that right. My clients are all delighted with the decision; it's the first great news they've had for months."

Gamu shot to fame on last year's X Factor competition, when she was controversially kicked off the show by judge Cheryl Cole. The move to deport her family came in February after allegations that her mother, a nurse, had wrongly claimed working tax credits. The family has always contested the allegation, which was successfully appealed against at a private hearing.

Gordon Banks, the MP for Ochil and South Perthshire, where Gamu is a constituent, said he was delighted to hear the news. He said: "This is really good news, not only for the family but also for the local community, in which the family played such a vital role. It's particularly pleasing to see that common sense has prevailed and that we have the ability in the UK to take decisions which are morally right. I hope the Home Office don't exercise their right to appeal [against] this decision and that the family will be allowed to get on with their lives and continue to contribute to society."

---------------------

nice one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: