php, coldfusion and general web development waffle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly, i've never done a horizontal type thing but i guess it would be the same technique. have you got an example of what you mean? when you say delay, why would you want a delay? or do you mean slide/animate to a position over time?

if you mean slide/animate, i was thinking of that with some jquery i've seen - where they slide back to the top of the page, its quite a nice little effect instead of just jumping

Code:
$('html,body').animate({scrollTop:$('[name="'+this.hash.substring(1)+'"]').offset().top}, 500);

to tidy this up, it would probably be better to have the mouse position and changing the top value in the jquery script, but this is as test2 with the added jquery to slide to its position instead of just jumping there

also, if you wanted to do it really nice, it would be good to turn the li:hover off while its scrolling to position
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks cool - I'm not sure if it's worth the time you've put in though.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're probably right Laughing

this is the last one;

same as before, but now moving over the section header you've gone to and clicking takes you back to the top
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, it is a pretty cool thing for pages that have a lot of content.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, its works nice on the page it was for, doubt i'd use the technique often though - not really the need for it usually

i will use the slide to top though
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I did mean, slide and animate.
Looks good, going back to the top is a good thought, and is useful
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been planning to make certain topics on the site here into more manageable single pages, so I'm looking to use an iframe for pages that will display a table with all the relevant info. Making a standard html table is ok, but I want the tables to be sortable, by country, year, name etc.

After fannying about for a while I got this sorted really easily using the free code from this page:

http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

basically it requires a simple call to the .js file in the <head> and then a matter of giving any table a class definer.

Very handy.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find, i can see me using that for sure - i've always just reloaded the page and sorted it by whatever, but this is a much nicer way

looking forward to seeing the changes to the couch!
luke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an old story from last year, but a great idea that should be adopted by all web designers for ALL versions of internet explorer!

World's first 'tax' on Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7
luke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone had any experience of creating email accounts, and/or maintaining forwarding lists on email accounts manually - ie through code on a site?

like most hosts you'll have a plesk or cpanel control panel so you can add email addresses, setup forwarders etc, but i'd like to be able to do this from the site using coldfusion ( or php or asp - whatever it takes! ) but i can't find any information on actually creating/maintain email accounts through code.

i mean, if you can do it through plesk/cpanel, you must be able to code your own version?! does anyone know how these things actually work, like if i setup an email account through cpanel, does it then just setup an account through like exchange server, windows server or something?

Confused
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know enough to be certain, but you could use gmail to run as your SMTP server. Either way you would need an SMTP setup somewhere.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, interesting, i'll have to look into that sometime

for now i've given up with that idea, i thought it would be easy, but i've been speaking to the hosting people and they don't reckon its possible - although from some of their answers i don't think they really understand. they moved our server from the uk to germany and theres a bit of a language barrier sometimes with the tech support now!
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had my first site hacked today, in 16/17 years of doing web sites! it wasn't so bad, just a line about glass sex toys and a pearl rabbit Laughing

i'm pissed though, because i always knew the vulnerability was there, but i thought its a shitty little site, who would bother to hack it - its not a bank or nasa!

is php open to sql injection? theres an easy way to fix it in coldfusion, but for a few sites that are based on an old system i did, i never bothered fixing it! now i'm going to have go through all my sites based on my old system and fix them, in case this hacking cunt tries it with any of my other sites! i could have done without this this week Sad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would probably just have been a sniffer script that checks thousands of sites an hour. But you shouldn't have to update your code, I'd have thought - isn't that what new versions of SQL server protect against?
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does appear to be some sort of script, theres hundreds of attempts at all sorts over short periods of time. i'd seen similar things in the past in the log files - on a much smaller scale - trying to access various folders and .asp or .php pages which don't exist.

i moved everything over to mysql a year or two back. i don't know if they'd have been successful if it was on sql server - but i did know this was a potential problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: