2010 - 2011 National Hockey League: Pucks!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy oy oy oy oy pirty!!!

What about the Capitals???????

Razz

pirtybirdy wrote:
I am a big fan of my New York Rangers, but I have to be honest and say I've not been following hockey at all this season. I've kind of been wrapped up in my own world at the moment, but I did watch some of a game in my livingroom a couple of weeks ago and must say it looks fabulous on my tv. Sharp and crisp. I should get back in the groove and start watching again. I'll cheer on the Bolts as long as they aren't playing my Rangers! LOL!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Lightning fan thru and thru even though I am from Chicago and was born a die hard Blackhawk fan. I have a hard time when the Hawks come to town and am not sad if the Bolts lose that game, but I would never show up to that game in my Blackhawks jersey or cheer for the Blackhawks. They are defo my 2nd team, though...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh...a 3 game losing skid...maddening..on the bright side, I filled out my renewal paper work. If we go to all 16 playoff games (I wish!) it is only going to cost me $233.00. Amazing, huh? I have to pay my tickets in full by 3/25 to lock the same price in for next season....uh, done and done!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Ugh...a 3 game losing skid...maddening..on the bright side, I filled out my renewal paper work. If we go to all 16 playoff games (I wish!) it is only going to cost me $233.00. Amazing, huh? I have to pay my tickets in full by 3/25 to lock the same price in for next season....uh, done and done!

The Capitals are in Tampa tonight -- are you going to the game?

The race for the Southeast Division title is ON!!!

I also submitted my renewal paperwork and purchased a Playoff "Pay As We Play" package, so no money up front. Although, I wouldn't mind a Stanley Cup finally arriving in Washington. agree
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Kez...have at it. You guys can have the first place in the SE....for today. We not only played like crap last night, but we just didn't want to win. We had it...and then we let it go...Congrats.

I was at the game...in the 2nd row off of the ice. I renewed last night and my rep upgraded me for last nights "game"...We had fun...yelled obscenities at Ovechkin and got to see some pretty big hits right on our glass, but an OT loss is still a loss. We have to change something or all of the good work we have done this season is going to go right down the drain.

I too purchased our "Cheer Now, Pay Later" program. If we go to the Stanley Cup finals, and play in all 16 play off games, I only pay $233...total. Gotta love new ownership who are trying to get your loyalty.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another loss last night...2-1 to Ottawa. This is a really bad time for a slump. I am not sure what the problem is. We do have some injuries, but not key enough for this much of an implosion. The little goalie for Ottawa, who we traded for then put on waivers, made sure to show us just what we gave away. We have GOT to pull it together or we are going to put ourselves right out of the playoffs. One of the first seasons in eons where we have our future completely in our hands...it doesn't matter what other teams do..and we do this with it!! I am at a loss...

scream scream
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT loss in Miami last night...I can't understand how we can lose to the Panthers! Toronto tomorrow night...We are throwing this away...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it spurs, but after Toronto's game last night.... I'm somewhat encouraged Smile Go Leafs Go!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've had a GREAT week, hockey-wise!!

Monday - Caps defeat Tampa Bay Lightning

Wednesday - Caps defeat Edmonton Oilers

Friday - Caps defeat Carolina Hurricanes

TODAY (Sunday 13 March 2011) - Caps defeat the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks!!

I went to both the Friday and Sunday games this week.

And I truly believe that people boo Ovechkin because he is out there having so much fun ... he laughs off things and moves on, which really seems to get under some other player's skin(s).

And he's waaaaay less arrogant than the NY Ranger jerk, Avery, right?

So today watching both Ovechkin and Chicago's wunderkind, Patrick Kane, on the ice: there was no comparison. Perhaps Kane had an off-day, but his skating and stick-handling fell way short.

So even if Ovie isn't your favourite player, just watch how he charges down the ice and gets the puck to do things other players can only dream of ... his stick-handling is just absolutely amazing ... and he has a damn good time!

(Insert joke about 'handling Ovie's stick' HERE: [b'dum tush!!])

Laughing Razz
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I hate to say it spurs, but after Toronto's game last night.... I'm somewhat encouraged Smile Go Leafs Go!

Well eefan, as the saying goes, "There's still a lot of hockey left!" You never know until the clock reads 0.0, right? agree
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Toronto tonight...let's see what happens!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:

Well eefan, as the saying goes, "There's still a lot of hockey left!" You never know until the clock reads 0.0, right? agree

It read 0.0 and the scoreboard read 6-2 for Tampa Crying

(but at least my friend Spurs will be happy Smile )
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It read 0.0 and the scoreboard read 6-2 for Tampa Sad

(but at least my friend Spurs will be happy:) )

You know it! Sorry, eefan, but we needed that win. We are on our way to Montreal tomorrow...the Nate Thompson, on of our forwards, tweeted that they were already there this morning and hitting the ice for practice. It would be nice to beat the Habs at home!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK --- I will be cheering for Tampa 'cause I DON'T like the Habs at all!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caps beat the Habs tonight (Tuesday 15 March), so should make it easier for the Lightning to win on Wednesday 16 March!

Razz Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: