GG interview with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: GG interview with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Reply with quote

On the Real Deal this Sunday on Presstv.com, George Galloway will be interviewing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

This looks to be quite interesting, judging by this snippet of GG's Daily Record Column:

Quote:
During the interview, I appealed to Ahmadinejad to free Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, sentenced to death by stoning for adultery.

I told him this and similar judicial barbarities were helping dark forces to attack his country. It was clear from his answer that he's exasperated by such provincial court judgements, too. You'll see from his answers in my interview what he's doing about it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, I'm sure Press TV will put a good quality version on youtube.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its available on the press tv site now

http://www.presstv.ir/programs/detail.aspx?sectionid=3510520&id=138927#138927

stream - mms://217.218.67.244/presstv/program/The%20Real%20Deal/0815_RDL.wmv
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, grabbing it now

Here's the normal download link - CLICK
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. I'll be watching this tonight.

(From the look of it, someone needs to teach PressTV to de-interlace their video files. I'm getting horizontal lines all over the place.)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous George on Ahmadinejad? The BBC could learn from this
Stephen Bates
The Guardian,
19 August 2010

That fearless defender of the truth George Galloway secured something of a scoop with a 25-minute interview with Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, in Tehran this week, during which the normally garrulous ex-MP managed to fire off a total of seven hard-hitting questions, none of them quite ranking for toughness with "What's your favourite colour?". The interview, from Galloway's The Real Deal programme on state-sponsored Iranian Press TV, is now up on YouTube and contains relentless probing of whether Iranian flexibility can defuse nuclear tensions, robust questioning about "Netanyahu's gang" in Israel, and a poser on Iran's post-election opposition – "What does the Green movement mean to you?" – eliciting an eight-minute answer. During this Galloway shockingly divulged that he needs police protection in London to save him from Iranian opponents of the regime, after being attacked by two of them "in the parliament building". The BBC could learn from his interrogative technique; and probably would if it wasn't barred from Iran. Most startling was Galloway's question about the woman threatened with stoning for adultery – "an issue seized upon by the enemies of Iran and magnified". Strangely, this translated once Galloway was safely back in the studio into "an ever more infamous case". Surely George doesn't ask a craven question to "his excellency" face to face, and then say something more harsh afterwards? That wouldn't be like him, would it?

-------------------

It's nice to know that The Guardian has such a balanced view of things... and that this writer has never been told to use a feckin paragraph break every now and then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: