EE - six stars to be calling for a taxi...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: EE - six stars to be calling for a taxi... Reply with quote

SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sad about Minty...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am NOT sad about Adam.......
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither! What an ass. Not so sorry about Charlie either. He is nice and all but hasn't really added much lately. I am sorry about Danny Mitchell..he could have been interesting. I am not sure how I feel about Libby, irritating as she could be, she had some good story lines and I was hoping for Darren's sake that she was going let him off the hook. I can't believe that Liz won't be back when it is finally discovered about Owen.
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't been much room for Minty of late - after Gary left. The others have been quite boring too IMHO.

Hopefully the shake up will reap some good storylines in their leaving and the future with new cast members.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disabled star to leave EastEnders
Apr 19 2010
peterboroughtoday.co.uk

A Peterborough man who became the first ever regular disabled actor to take up a role on EastEnders, has been axed from Albert Square. David Proud, from Whittlesey, was told he will be written out of the show last week – seven months after hitting television screens across the country as Adam Best on the hit BBC soap. The 27-year-old, who suffers from spina bifida and uses a wheelchair, is one of six characters who will be phased out in the coming months.

Today, confirming his departure from the show, David said: “I have had a wonderful time at EastEnders and loved every minute of it. It has been fantastic to play such a complex character like Adam. I have made some great friends amongst the cast and crew and wish the show all the best for future.”

The news has been met with surprise by Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (ASBAH), whose national head office is based in Park Road, Peterborough. David has been a patron of the charity since being asked back in September.

A spokesperson for the charity said: “It’s a surprise. He’s made a name for himself, certainly in Peterborough and he is a passionate campaigner for ASBAH. He comes along to our events and he’s always been there when we’ve really needed him. He has a very good track record and he has a wide range of talent. I’m confident he will be back on our screens once again shortly. David is someone that we should all be proud of.”

Before landing a part in EastEnders, David was one of four people to star in Special People, which mocks the industry’s perception of disabled actors.He also made an appearance as one of Billie Piper’s clients in the popular ITV2 Series, Secret Diary of a Call Girl. He appeared in the second series as Blake, a disabled boy who turns to Belle for comfort.

The majority of his other roles have been a little less high profile – as a basketball player for the CBBC show Desperados and testing the political correctness in a BBC documentary called Is It Cos I Is Black.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad about Minty as well. I have always enjoyed him on the show. Maybe he will leave with Adam (good riddance) to be reunited with Manda?
I can see Charlie leaving, as they have done so little with him, but I will miss him. My guess is he will be killed off or go to live with Little Moan.
I can see Liz leaving and she's never been major. I wonder if she will go back to Spain or maybe Oxford with Libby? Or will Libby go to Spain after finding out about her father's murder?
And as for Danny, I don't think I can really miss him as he's been a round for just a second and he's an obvious chip off the old block where mummy and daddy are concerned, so toddles.

EDIT: Another reason I think Charlie will die as it would lead for a good reason for Kat and Alfie to come back.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your thinking regarding Charlie's funeral as a reason for Kat and Alfie to come back! Nice one Sky!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, Sky!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thoughts on that, Sky! I guess this means he won't be leaving the Square in a black taxi.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Good thoughts on that, Sky! I guess this means he won't be leaving the Square in a black taxi.

Wouldn't it be ironic that our taxi driver doesn't! Laughing Or maybe he could drive his own! Razz I'm still thinking funeral though. Hate to see him die but what a storyline for those two to come back on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: