Corrie: producer on Molly and Tyrone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Corrie: producer on Molly and Tyrone Reply with quote

Corrie boss defends Molly's affair

Kieran Roberts, executive producer of Coronation Street, has defended the affair between Molly Dobbs and Kevin Webster. Answering readers questions in the Radio Times, he was faced with the suggestion that the fling was out of character for the once dowdy housewife.

Roberts said: "In Molly's eyes Tyrone is a lovely lad, but also immature, even boring - in Kevin, Molly sees a more mature man who can bring romance into a life that's a dull." He added: "I don't imagine many viewers will sympathise, but I think Molly's behaviour is understandable and consistent."

Vicky Binns, who plays Molly, has revealed Corrie viewers have had mixed reactions to her character cheating on loyal husband Tyrone. She recently told how she was booed on a charity run and some soap fans shout at her in the street, but she also revealed that some women have come up to her and encouraged her, believing Molly is right to seek passion elsewhere.

Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin, has revealed the affair is due to continue for quite some time, but there are some dramatic twists ahead. Kevin's wife Sally is about to learn she has breast cancer, and will need the support of her husband, while Molly will discover she is pregnant, but doesn't know if Tyrone or Kevin is the father of the baby.

---------------

haha, it's great to hear that the 'Great British' public are booing her and treating her as if she was her character...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I thought Tyrone was too dumb for her to even date, never mind marry, but then again, I suppose that makes her dumb for marrying him. lol! She knew what he was like before she married him, he's not changed. She's changed. It's not fair.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's true right enough - Tyrone the daft puppy hasn't changed at all. Though that Mini girl seems to like him and she's a lot tastier (and less 'smart') than Molly so she might be his ideal!

Faceless matchmaking - it's the new thing!
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
yeah, that's true right enough - Tyrone the daft puppy hasn't changed at all. Though that Mini girl seems to like him and she's a lot tastier (and less 'smart') than Molly so she might be his ideal!

Faceless matchmaking - it's the new thing!

Sounds like the best pairing in a long time!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molly is just a horrible, selfish person!!! Now mind you I wasn't watching when they first got together, but she just treats him like shite. I guess the best thing she could do for him is leave, though. Now he doesn't have to put up with her moody, whinning, up, down, bitchy self!! I really don't like her....Tyrone deserves better. And she is going to make Kevin and Sally's life a living hell when it comes out about she and Kevin...and it will come out, it always does. Kevin, Sally and Molly get what they deserve, even though Sally is sick now, but she wasn't very nice before and what goes around comes around, but Tyrone doesn't really deserve any of it. Poor guy...
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to make of Molly's character. When she appeared she worked at the dog kennels and was trying it on with Kirk when he was seeing Fiz, then she moved onto Tyrone. I thought they seemed to be a good pairing. Molly didn't seem too bright, she worked as a kennel maid, then in the corner shop which seemed to suit Tyrone. She got on well with Vera & Jack and it was lovely to see her & Ty get married. It seems she now thinks she's better than Tyrone, wants more than her original character wanted, and has become a might selfish.

I hope Tyrone gets to meet a great girl who brings out the best in him and they have a great life together. As for Molly - is her character leaving the show?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can only hope!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's quite a big spoiler about what happens to Molly and the baby.

Hidden: 
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - I didn't see that coming!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: