Iranian nuclear professor assassinated
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
juamei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone blow him up instead of making it look like he killed himself?
A warning perhaps?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more likely that he was seen as an expendable pawn by the CIA insurgents and was killed in order to force trouble.

But we'll probably never know as the media here is always against the Iranian government, because that's what they've been briefed to do.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juamei wrote:
To preserve the current system of government?

how does blowing up a nuclear scientist preserve the current system of government? do the iranian government need an extra reason for any crack down?

juamei wrote:
I'm quite prepared to accept its a foreign power trying to scupper Iran's nuclear ambitions, but the fact the guy was a member of the green movement makes me a touch suspicious...

if any part of the iranian government were that worried about him and the green movement, why not arrest him, put him on trial, accuse him of this or that, like they have done others? why blow him up? who does that give a 'warning' to, if no one knows who it was?

what i find interesting about the story is the way its covered, the west has got no evidence - and neither do the opposition in iran - that the iranian government was behind this, but that doesn't stop the media framing it in a way as to insinuate that they probably did. the media don't mention a word about the groups, such a jundullah, that the west has been funding, that might be responsible. theres no background context as to why the iranians may suspect the west. with 'enemies' of the west, the level of evidence required to run such a story is nill - whereas the other week 8 afghan school children were shot by western led foreces - some were handcuffed before being shot - and the media doesn't mention a word. although in this case there is evidence, and statements from the afghan government, the united nations etc, the level of evidence isn't enough or its deemed not important enough for the media to cover it, so they don't. can you imagine if 8 kids in iran were handcuffed and shot by iranian troops? that story would be running everywhere. we do it - no story, down the memory hole, as pinter said, 'it never happened. nothing ever happened. even while it was happening it wasn't happening. it didn't matter. it was of no interest.'
juamei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you guys are saying and accept the lack of evidence and irrationality of the assassination by the RG or elements within the govt within Iran.

Though beyond the Iranian govt accusing the CIA and the high likelyhood of western & Israeli supported subversion in Iran, there is no evidence the CIA did it either.

*shrug* When it comes down to it, it could be either and the one you chose to assume depends on your personal perspective...

Personally, I'm now undecided :-)
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Iranian President knows who did it and probably was a part of it. That's just my suspicion, I have no proof in my back pocket. The guy is nuts and he's a meany. That's enough to put him in a line up to start with. lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you think that pirty - what was his motive for wanting to him killed? i mean, this scientist was hardly prominent in the green movement, and if it was because of that the iranian government has no problem locking people up.

i'm not saying you're right or wrong, nobody knows, i'm just interested in your thought process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: